The Irish, they say ... Non!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Maybe my words weren't the right ones. I wasn't blaming Ireland, I meant that the Irish naysayers aren't helping in the whole process towards a stronger EU.
That minister shouldn't have said: "I didn't read it."

I'm glad there's a nationalist party in Flanders that is for a strong Flanders in a strong EU. Without Belgium is possible, with Belgium is we have to.

There is nothing wrong with pride in one's nation - and you and I seem to agree that there is plenty of room for both that and a stronger Europe.

I was more referring to the more rampant, thoughtless Nationalism that the lower end of the mainstream press seem to enjoy ramping up so much.

The interesting thing is there seems to always be a strong international element behind the No campaigns in many of these key European referenda. Or certainly the No camp in one country lends its support to the No camp in another (see UKIP helping Ireland say No to Lisbon Irish Liberty Forum for an example) - it's almost funny that they can get together and co-operate internationally to support each other's anti-European campaigns... almost :rolleyes: