Thinking about getting cut

CuriousTom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi Guys..

Need some advice. I'm an uncut Aussie.

My wife has revealed she prefers circumcised cocks and most of my mates are circ'd.

So I'm thinking about taking the plunge... Pros and cons please.

Anyone been cut as an adult? What style etc. Thanks.

marwilmat

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
jeez... That seems a little drastic. In my opinion, if it aint broke dont fix it. Why risk a major operation on your penis for gods sake if it wasnt necessary. As for your mates all being cut well chances are a few are jealous of you.

As for your wife well in my opinion, marriage is for better or for worse for richer or poorer in sickness and in health and the latest addition with foreskin or without...

Last edited:

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
Do you consider yourself a cut man or an uncut man? I am not talking physically. Get naked. Get in front of a full length mirror. Look at yourself. Are you a cut man or an uncut man? Pull your foreskin back. Look at yourself. Pull your foreskin down. Look at yourself. Who are you? Can you feel like you if you get cut? What I mean is do you see yourself as a cut man. Can you identify yourself with being cut? With Australia having a low circumcision rate the foreskin is not uncommon.

I bet almost all uncut men from largely circumcised populations have thought about getting cut at some time in their lives. Is the pain worth it? Is the loss worth it? Just to "fit in"? Say you do it....later you realize you have made a mistake, there is no undoing it.

Be sure.

D_Mephistophiles Scatlicker

Account Disabled
Media
Cons: Pain, less sensitivity and so-so orgasms, dried out head, uncomfortable jeans, need for lube when you masturbate, less fun when you masturbate.

Pros: None other than making your wife happy unless she changes her mind again. Then it's too late.

Look into it long and hard (no pun intended). It's your body and it was made this way for many, many reasons. Google it.

ColoradoGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Hi Guys..

My wife has revealed she prefers circumcised cocks and most of my mates are circ'd.

Personally, I'm cut and I wish I wasn't. That aside, when you're thinking about something this permanent, you might want to do a little scenario planning where you consider the realm of possible outcomes and see how you feel about following through with it:

Scenario 1: You get circumcised and you and your wife eventually divorce.

Scenario 2: You get circumcised and you have complications, resulting in a less-than-desirable appearance or an infection.

Scenario 3: You get circumcised and your wife tells you she still finds other circumcised penises more attractive than yours.

Scenario 4: You get circumcised and your mates decide you're actually sort of insecure and quite possibly vain.

Scenario 5: You get circumcised and [combine any two or three of the above scenarios].
You should consider that cut or uncut, you are who you are... but unlike growing a beard or buying a new style of eyeglasses, you aren't going to be able to reverse this choice. You didn't mention this, but have you had a discussion with your wife to determine how she feels about it? Finally, you might want to consult a psychologist to make sure that you're contemplating this for the right reasons. This isn't to say that your motivations are wrong, but you may benefit from a professional's perspective about why you feel this is something worth considering.

Good luck.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What happened to, "For better for worse..."? Is this part of the old "Aisle, altar, hymn"? (If you don't get it, say it out loud.)
I presume she knew you were intact before you married her. It obviously wasn't an issue then, so why bring it up now? Is there anything else about you that she isn't satisfied with and will want you to change once you've been cut for her?

Changing things like your weight, fitness and drinking habits for a partner are one thing, but wanting you to make permanent modifications to your body is a lot to ask. I'd think very seriously about this before doing anything. At the end of the day, you should only do something like this because you want to, not because she does.

Plenty of guys who were cut as adults will tell you that their sex lives and orgasms are much better than they were before they were cut, but, by the same token, there are a lot of guys for whom the reverse is true. It's the sort of thing you can't really find out about in advance. However, one factor I've noticed is that many of the guys who are happier post cut had one problem or another with their foreskin before hand, such as phimosis or balanitis etc, whereas a lot of the guys who were less satisfied didn't.

You've got to decide for yourself what to do and why you want to do it. After all, you're the one who'll have to live with it, whether it's a positive, neutral or negative result.

You could always strike a bargain with your wife that she has a permanent body mod before you have your circ if that's what you decide to do - "Property of CuriousTom" or something like that, tattoed across her butt or on her belly. Would that be too much to ask? After all, she loves you, right?

malito

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Having been cut at the age of 14 I can vouch for the loss of feelings, etc. The thought of permanently changing my body for the whim of my partner is absurd. I have been married 35 years and totally love my wife, but having been through the pain and total mess of late circumcision, I would not do it now, no matter how much she asked. This goes way beyond making changes to make a better relationship. I say NO,NO,NO.

D_PYb7x3

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's not like a car or something you can exchange if you are not happy with it. Too many things to go wrong after you have it done, so don't do it. If your wife loves you, she should respect your body as is. I can't ever see asking a spouse to modify there body for any reason unless medically necessary.

Jonasclifton

Experimental Member
Media
Hey, there's male circumcision and female circumcion right? Ask the doctor if he'll give you a discount for two at the same time. And then ask your wife if she'll agree to getting her's cut along with yours. After all, it's only fair.

Aranzam

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hi Guys..

If your relationship falls on the fact that there's a bit of skin over your cock then it wasn't a very good relationship to begin with. As someone said, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Circumcision in most cases is a completely useless procedure that only became the norm in certain countries due to religious influences. There are few medical conditions where circumcision can help, but other than that you're just mutilating your penis.

The biggest cons of circumcision are generally dry glans as well as loss of sensitivity on the glans. It doesn't mean that you can't enjoy sex but there's a good chance it won't feel as good as it did before. Then there are of course the risks of complications and all that, also the fact that you can't really use your cock for a while after the operation. Also you'll need lubes to jerk off since you can't move your foreskin anymore.

There are only few effects that can really be considered beneficial. The main being that you're much less likely to get STD's. Foreskin produces some bacteria under it and the pussy juices other fluid from your partner may be stuck under your foreskin which can subject you to infections and so on. A lot of this can be countered with hygiene and just being smart about sex. Remember to wash your cock and under the foreskin, use soap/whatever you prefer and really do it properly. It'll only take some seconds to get it clean. Other than that, unless you're suffering from phimosis or otherwise problematic foreskin, I can't think of any actual pros about it =/

I'd really suggest against getting cut, there's no real benefit from it if you know how to clean your cock. And if your wife really leaves you because you're uncut or cheats on you then there was something else wrong too.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How would your wife react if you said you preferred bigger breasts and wanted her to get a boob job?

She wouldn't even be "thinking about" it! You shouldn't even be considering losing your foreskin unless it was a matter of life and death.

Let your wife find a circumcised man and you can divorce her and a woman who appreciates an 'as intended' male.

Here's an analogy:

You (as an uncut male) have a 'cellphone' with two 'features': phonecalls (foreskin unretracted) and 'texting' (foreskin retracted).

This is an ideal situation because you have increased functionality compared to a circumcised male. In essence, the best of both worlds.

The circumcised male has had the phonecall feature removed from his cellphone. All he can do is text.

It just doesn't make sense to get circumcised. Why would you have a cellphone that can only ever text people when you can (and do) have one capable of phonecalls and texting?

Answer: you wouldn't and shouldn't. If a foreskin was so detrimental we wouldn't have them.

Last edited:

arki

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
dude... its not your wifes decistion... it is yours completely.. is your cock youre talkig about..
I have considered circumcision for years now, and i havent done it.
Ill do it at some point, but it will be because i choose too, not because someone is telling me to.

prepky

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
she married you with foreskin so my guess is that it wasnt a deal breaker or she would have moved on to a cut guy....

my opinion leave it alone and focus more on your happiness and not always trying to please her, she is your wife and I understand that, however it is your body and if you are happy with your foreskin then by all means keep it. To me it sounds like you are afraid that she is going to fuck one of your mates.....dude if she is going to fuck around it isnt becuase you are uncut. So what happens if you end up single again either by choice or not by your choice and now you are cut and the new person in your life says they prefer uncut.....back to square one but this time you cant go back...just my 5 cents worth.

prep

btw have 2 friends cut as adults and said they would NEVER do it again if they were given the choice again...and to be honest they did it for other people other than themselves....they regret it everyday.

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
Personally, I'm cut and I wish I wasn't. That aside, when you're thinking about something this permanent, you might want to do a little scenario planning where you consider the realm of possible outcomes and see how you feel about following through with it:
Scenario 1: You get circumcised and you and your wife eventually divorce.

Scenario 2: You get circumcised and you have complications, resulting in a less-than-desirable appearance or an infection.

Scenario 3: You get circumcised and your wife tells you she still finds other circumcised penises more attractive than yours.

Scenario 4: You get circumcised and your mates decide you're actually sort of insecure and quite possibly vain.

Scenario 5: You get circumcised and [combine any two or three of the above scenarios].
Good luck.

Scenario 6: You get circumcised and your wife discovers that intact sex was better for her too. Perhaps she starts looking for a replacement "intact man"

I think you must have heard enough complaints by now from circ'd guys that you know the score. You would be taking a huge gamble and the possible consequences are drastic. You need to be careful with advice from pro-circ cut as adult guys - as a psychological defense mechanism there is a tendency to justify their choice as being a good one. This is especially true for ones that chose this for cosmetic reasons.

For those that were circumcised due to medical issues, there may be justification that their circumcised state is better then what they experienced as intact. However, since this is not your case their advice would not apply.

If I were you I would educate your wife on the purpose of the foreskin and its advantages for both you and her.

S

SirConcis

Prior to your wife having mentioned you'd like you to be cut, had you had a desire or considered getting cut on your own since you were a teenager ? Have these thoughts been consistent, or did the happen only during one period early and never after ?

When you see a cut guy in underpants, do you think about sensation of glans aganst the cotton of underwear ? Do you wish your glans could stay exposed that way ?

Do you prefer the look of cut ?

In the end, it is your body, your decision. At most, your wife should just be the straw that breaks the camel's back (aka: you already had a desire to be circumcised, she is just helping you go ahead with it now).

circumcision is a big change, and it is a small change. Sex with female is improved. masturbation has to be re-learned. Feels great in underpants.

Make sure you keep the mucosa (inner foreksin). Aka: the scar line has to be 2 to 3cm below the rim of head when erect. That skin many not be too noticed by you at the moment, but once circumcised, you discover how sensitive it is and it is great to stimulate it.

Tevye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hi Guys..

It's up to you. Just remember though the marriage can end and the next woman might appreciate both your having kept the foreskin and having kept your self worth by doing what you wanted not what somebody else dictated. Get circumcised only if you have long wanted to.