We are building a New Erotic Stories Section from scratch. Any feature requests?

furgeson

Legendary Member
Media
I've written a few stories on here and as someone who is not a professional author and therefore not motivated to write to keep the lights on, you have to WANT to write for free. Feedback, especially positive feedback, is essential to that. When I get the sense that people are digging what I'm writing, it makes me want to write more. If the interest seems low (I've written some that apparently only I like, haha), it's hard to want to write more. That means fewer stories for people to read and less practice as a writer, meaning you don't get better. It costs nothing to close out of a story you don't like. So, while feedback is important, I worry about a rating system having the unintended consequence of disenfranchising a new writer from getting better. Comments, especially constructive ones, are good. People tell me what they like and don't like, offer suggestion, etc., and I really appreciate that. But at the end of the day, if what they want isn't what makes sense to me, I'm not going to be able to accomodate it. This area of writing is so individual that you just can't make a story that is perfect for everybody. So I would say have a comment section, but don't allow people to just thumbs-up/thumbs-down or give a star rating. You're going to get a lot of 1 star reviews just because someone wanted a story to go a different way than it did based on their individual preference, and that is going to kill participation from authors. Conversly, the more you can do to incentivize writing, the more stories (and better) you'll get, which is good for everybody!

Ryboy1490

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay I read a lot and I feel like looking at Archive of our own (Ao3) would be good. They have a section for word count to pick if you want a long read or a shorter read. They also have tags which is very handy. I think there filtering system is good but another people are used to is wattpad but idk how that website functions a lot tbh more of a Ao3 guy

John1812

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hi Everyone!

We are in the process of building a New Erotic Stories Section. We need your help to make this amazing :)

Are there any features you'd like us to include?
Any design or layout suggestions?
Any ideas you have please let us know :)
Another site worth a look at is Nifty dot org where the stories are under two levels of headers. Multipart stories are saved as a directory, where all parts are in one place

Reactions: Royal Panther

norfolkdiva

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can we have lots of cop stories - ga str8 and bi - always with uniforms and nite sticks to the fore please
I could start with my own police story about a layby in leicestershire and the copper with the whopper....

Reactions: Stein59

opticaldischarge

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
If I want to refer to myself as a f--, then I shouldn't be warned for the way I talk about myself or for using it as a way to describe gay men who operate the way I do.
If I'm telling my erotic stories on here, that's what I tell guys I am when I propose a hookup.

Reactions: tabana

Odyssey Land

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think a perpetual edit feature for the OP would make it easier for them to go back and add links to additional parts of the story. It would solve the problem of readers searching for more of the story should they find it interesting. The edit feature should ONLY apply to the original post where the body of story resides. Another term for this would be called footnotes.

Example: part 1 <—-The OP can go back to include a link to additional parts of the story once it’s completed.

KarshnerShagger

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would definitely take a look at how Archive of Our Own does it as well. I use it frequently because love the search where you can include and exclude different ratings, relationships, tags, etc. I also love that you can choose language, complete, crossover, word length. I consider it one of the best online.

Reactions: Royal Panther

Odyssey Land

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
separate gay and straight stories

I think a more streamline version of this would be requiring tags on the story before it can be posted. Many of the subreddits I visit use this feature. The tag (or flare as it’s called on reddit) would show up next to the title in parentheses.

Example of required tags:

1. Straight - Gay - Bi
2. NSFW
3. Trigger Warning (which would cover stories that include abuse or death)

etc.

Reactions: markgaveda

ZChromo

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Tags over censorship, please. Allow readers to curate their own experiences (as AO3 does) without banning themes or tropes.

Allow cover images, and limited HTML/Text style controls.
Seperate completed stories from in-progress stories
- and give us the option of no-comments/feedback. Not all of us want feedback or reviews. :)

Reactions: tabana