Weight Loss

I really appreciate anything anyone can help me with. I also apologize if this is posted in the wrong section.

Thanks
As above, you may need to reduce your food intake, or otherwise amend it – but probably reduce it. The amount of weight loss you can gain by exercise alone is not great. For the amount of weight loss you're talking about (22lb, or about a stone and a half, which is not so very much), I doubt you need to adopt any particular diets – just east a balanced diet, eat sensibly, and probably eat less; particularly, avoid the usual culprits (e.g. fried take-away foods, stuff from burger joints, creamy sauces) and between-meal snacks.
 
Last edited:
I use a bodybugg and it isn't that simple, one must still be dedicated to forming the habit of tracking activity (...even beginning activity) and calories in/macros. IMO, the MyFitnessPal app and a HRM during exercise would help someone achieve the same results.

I track calories the easy way. I have a meal delivery service with calories noted on everything I eat. I know I'm getting around 1200-1300 calories a day. And predictably I'm losing about a pound a week. I'm almost down 20 pounds since the beginning of the year. With Fitbit I can chart the calories out and I know the calories in so it makes weight loss very easy, for now. Once I stop the meal plan or reduce the number of days it will get tricky.
 
Everywhere you read now, it is "Eat more to loose weight" or "Eat to release Fat"etc. A starvation diet eventually leads to regaining the weight you lost and gaining even more, is the premise.

No wonder we are confused
 
A starvation diet eventually leads to regaining the weight you lost and gaining even more,
No, not really. Starvation leads to starvation... a diet scheme that tricks the body into thinking we're headed to starvation when we are really eating just causes metabolism to crash.

Losing weight is the simplest thing: eat a PORTION and exercise. Really easy.
 
on a new fitness kick myself....anyone wanna team up and motivate each other? PM me and lets talk about goals/plans/progress !!! summer will be here soon! :eek:
 
I'm currently 172 lbs. My weight goal is 150 and to have a flat chest/stomach. I've been walking/running 3 days/week, about an hour each, for about 4 weeks now. I have also been doing about 5 sets of 10 crunches and 2.5 sets of 10 push ups per day. I am also using the myfitnesspal app to count my calories.

I'm just feeling a bit discouraged right now because i've only seen about 2 lbs lost in 4 weeks. I was not active at all before I started so I was hoping to see a little more weight loss in the beginning.

I guess what I'm looking for is:

- Feedback
- How long (guess) will it take before I'll be around 150 lbs and have a flat chest/stomach
- Better exercise suggestions
- Weight loss supplement suggestions (pills, shakes, etc.)


I really appreciate anything anyone can help me with. I also apologize if this is posted in the wrong section.

Thanks
HOW IS IT GOING NOW?? ANYMORE WEIGHT LOSS? YOU KNOW WHATHELPED ME TAKE OFF TWENTY POUNDS IN SIX WEEKS? JUMP ROPE, HATED IT WHEN I STARTED BUTJUMPED ROPED ABOUT 4OO JUMPS A NIGHT IN INTERVALS AND IT WORKED FOR ME. ALONG WITH PORTION CONTROL AND CARB INTAKE VERY LOW. GOODLUCK AND LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING. jEFFREY :)