"I would consider shaving for a few weeks to see how that affects things",
I do shave

"buy one of the woman's 7 day Monistat type creams"
The spray that the dermatologist gave me contains the same ingredients,
so it helps.

"There are powders with corn starch that will help to absorb the moisture"
I've try some, but didn't work. I'll try the Gold Bond that LEX told me

"You probably don't need strong soaps or anything irritating"
I do need them (not soap, but shower gel) it does not irritate my skin and keep me really fresh.

"Also drink plenty of water, it is amazingly good for the human body"
I do

Thanks Mumzi

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
epnpn said:
"I would consider shaving for a few weeks to see how that affects things",
I do shave

"buy one of the woman's 7 day Monistat type creams"
The spray that the dermatologist gave me contains the same ingredients,
so it helps.

"There are powders with corn starch that will help to absorb the moisture"
I've try some, but didn't work. I'll try the Gold Bond that LEX told me

"You probably don't need strong soaps or anything irritating"
I do need them (not soap, but shower gel) it does not irritate my skin and keep me really fresh.

"Also drink plenty of water, it is amazingly good for the human body"
I do

Thanks Mumzi

Then I'd continue what your doing for a while. Just make sure not to use anything that causes dry/itchy skin.

I don't know if you've done this; but as you put your deodorant on, also put it in the groin area, anywhere but the penis itself. Might help!

If you are fairly young- teens to 20's, you might be having a testosterone spirt.
Or ,you may just be a guy who has high testosterone.
Testosterone influences apocrine sweat production, and apocrine sweat is produced in places like the armpits, groin, hands, and feet .

Give it some time and see how things go. Last night I thought you might be better off seeing a dermatologist if you were to seek a second opinion.
Now that I'm more awake, I think an endocrinologist would be a better idea.
Good luck with this.

mumzi

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
The source of the odor comes from under the foreskin. The odor causing condition can be cured by circumcision. This a legitimate and effective reason to be circumcised. The odor can be very offensive to a sexual partner. Surgery cures the condition and it leads to better hygene also. In this case, circumcision is not penile mutilization--- It cures the condition, gives a healthier penis, prevents offending the owner's partner and gives him peace of mind about the problem. It's my experience. I'd do it again.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
STYLYUNG said:
The source of the odor comes from under the foreskin. The odor causing condition can be cured by circumcision. This a legitimate and effective reason to be circumcised. The odor can be very offensive to a sexual partner. Surgery cures the condition and it leads to better hygene also. In this case, circumcision is not penile mutilization--- It cures the condition, gives a healthier penis, prevents offending the owner's partner and gives him peace of mind about the problem. It's my experience. I'd do it again.

Erm.... I think that a hell of a lot of things need to be explored before anyone would come to this conclusion and undertake such drastic action in the case we have here. :eek:

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My husband is not circumcised. He would pass out at the thought of it. I think I would too. There is no odor unless he's been sweating a lot, working out,etc. Some foreskins are shorter than others, some allow the head to peek out, some cover the head and extend beyond the head.
My hubby's is longer and he has to take that into account where hygiene is concerned. But I know I would never consider it a problem.

If someone would need to consider adult circumcision I would look into it very carefully, make sure you consider all options. This isn't something you can undo very easily.

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
MYDEEPTHROAT said:
Hydrogen peroxide seems kind of strong to be applying and leaving on your crotch though!!!
It doesn't dry out your skin.
It doesn't stain your clothing.
It's odorless.
It's colorless.
It's inexpensive.
No prescription.
IT KILLS ODORS.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Webster said:
MYDEEPTHROAT said:
Hydrogen peroxide seems kind of strong to be applying and leaving on your crotch though!!!
It doesn't dry out your skin.
It doesn't stain your clothing.
It's odorless.
It's colorless.
It's inexpensive.
No prescription.
IT KILLS ODORS.

I agree with all of those things except that it doesn't dry out skin. It works as an anti-bacterial because it kills cells. It's strong enough to change the color of your hair if left in place, as an example. If you have a new piercing, your piercer will even tell you to rinse it off after cleaning your lovely new hole. Use peroxide for this problem? Maybe. Leave it on? No, don't do that.

Hey dude! Try taking L. acidophilus. If you problem is caused by pH, this will help. In the meantime, it will also make your digestive tract healthier. Try to take at least 1Billion organisms, once a day with a meal. If you can't find it in your health store, try dipping your stick in plain yogurt. Loads of L. acidophilus in there.

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always smelt somethign fishy too, even when i was younger, like 14. It smelt fishy to me. At first i didnt like the smell, but then i grew to love it!! I think its sweating mixing with underwear material or something. Kinda smells like dirty socks.

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BronxBombshell said:
Webster said:
I agree with all of those things except that it doesn't dry out skin. It works as an anti-bacterial because it kills cells. It's strong enough to change the color of your hair if left in place, as an example. If you have a new piercing, your piercer will even tell you to rinse it off after cleaning your lovely new hole. Use peroxide for this problem? Maybe. Leave it on? No, don't do that.

Hydrogen Peroxide isn't the peroxide used to color your hair.
Consequently, it does not bleach, stain, or sting. Nor does it dry out the skin.

:smile:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Webster said:
Hydrogen Peroxide isn't the peroxide used to color your hair.
Consequently, it does not bleach, stain, or sting. Nor does it dry out the skin.

:smile:

I have a friend who rinses his face with peroxide (from the brown bottle) after washing it every morning. While his skin is lovely, the hair surrounding his face is blond. He says that happened in high school, and hasn't changed, and he attributes it to the regular peroxide use.

Hydrogen peroxide is the active ingredient in all color safe bleach, and in oxy-clean and its knockoffs. They are exccellent stain fighters.

It is also the main ingredient in any tooth whitening treatment. It will leave temporary white spots on gums and skin if it comes into contact with those whitening strips.

It is not meant to not rinse off. After the bubbles dissipate, and it no longer appears active, rinse.

Also, I use peroxide as a mouthwash (because it bleaches my teeth). I would have to disagree about it being odorless. Someone with a nose as sensitive as this man's might find the smell quite unpleasant. I know I do. However, I will say the the peroxide scent does not linger on my breath. And I do not usually rinse my mouth out, but the pH of my mouth, and the moisture, is very different from the glans.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
epnpn said:
quite interesting ...

Yes, but I still reccomend looking for the pills. They are far more effective, and much neater. Plus, how do you figure out how long to keep the yogurt on? Just take a few pills with a meal. They are available vegetarian safe, but the bacteria is grown in milk, so most vegans will object.

Grit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Use Hibiclens or Satin Therapeutic Skin Cleanser or just plain Selsun Blue shampoo dandruff -- something with sulphur in it

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Bronx,

Maybe it's just the way you put together your sentences, but you seem very knowledgable about this type of thing. Do you have an medical training? nurse, doctor, etc?