What is the longest you have maintained a good sex life with a partner?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
This is a bit of an offshoot from the two great threads, on loose pussy and why don't some women like sex. It is becoming apparent that maybe very few of us are able to maintain a good long term sex life with a partner.

So I was wondering, not only do you think whether it is possible to go through the itch period in a relationship but have you actually done it in your own life? And if so, for how long and please, what do you put it down to?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is a bit of an offshoot from the two great threads, on loose pussy and why don't some women like sex. It is becoming apparent that maybe very few of us are able to maintain a good long term sex life with a partner.

So I was wondering, not only do you think whether it is possible to go through the itch period in a relationship but have you actually done it in your own life?
Six years, and counting!
And if so, for how long and please, what do you put it down to?
Honesty and an open mind. Oh, and I guess making the right choice from the outset helps.

By the way, nice pussy in your avatar!

BurningVenus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

So I was wondering, not only do you think whether it is possible to go through the itch period in a relationship but have you actually done it in your own life? And if so, for how long and please, what do you put it down to?

I've never had a bad sex life with a partner. Seriously, sex is aways off the hook. It's the relationship part that can be troublesome.

7x6

Sexy Member
Media
I managed a good four or five years with my ex wife before it went downhill. Beyond that it wasn't bad, frequency rarely dropped below once a week or so right up until we split. Since then i've had better sex with four different women than i'd had for many years in my marraige. Hard to compare with around the time I met my ex wife as we were both so much younger...

I spent almost two years with a woman where fantastic sex was the only thing keeping us together. It was almost too good as we were wasting our lives trying to find common ground. We're still friends but we're too scared to see each other as we often end up fucking even though we both have new parners.

I've been with my current Girlfriend for 8 months and sex started of great and is still getting better (though a little less frequent) but that's partly down to us both giving up smoking and drinking less.

happyfeet

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow. I have no idea why the sex must suffer simply b/c the relationship is going thru it's ups and downs.

I had a good sex life with my ex. Until the day we stopped having a sex life. Our relationship last 9.5 years.

Good sex is essential. I can't imagine living w/o it while in a relationship.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Almost seven years and probably for the rest of our lives. (We kid that we're joined at the hip in more ways than one.)

But we keep it spicy as hell and it's always changing.

Act2_Begins_Now

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have been in a 7 year relationship, an 18 year and a 9 month one. Sex in the 7 and 18 wasn't any good. I didn't really begrudge them for that, because I didn't know any better. The 9 month one was exceptional and always got better. However, my expectation is that it can even be better and I think only my surface has been scratched to date.

D_Mansworthy Meatwrench III

Experimental Member
Media
Well, I wanted to say a fuck-buddy relationship, 2X a week for like 6 months.

Other than that, mostly one-nighters, I found my life is much easier without a relationship nightmare. Never been married, no kids, so I can only sympathize partially, as luckily I have missed the REALLY bad parts a lot of people get.

Right now I got a 2 gals who I see once a week, for 2-7 hours, that's it. I don't call them, they don't call me until hook-up time. The best relationship a person can get if you ask me. (Just my opine mind you)

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been in an open relationship for the past 14 years. We now live 1200 miles away from each other though. Also, for the past several years, sex has been infrequent to nonexistent due to health problems, mostly his, but also mine in 2003.

We both know that I need a more stable partner though, both sexually and emotionally. He has clinical depression, diabetes, chronic pain, and chemical sensitivities/multiple allergies. He is also unable to hold down a job. We will always be friends, but I just need more stability, I guess.

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Unfortunately only about 2 yrs....then I've heard he call of the wild...broke up and went after it. Since I've been lucky enouth to be deeply in love, it sucked. It was either a breakup or playing around on the sly...couldn't ever bring myself to do that....I envy couples who can get past that hurdle.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Drifter - Wanna know the secret to me being so fucking happily in love after 20 years?

Dumb luck, and I think getting married young helped.

My husband is 7 years older than me. Had travelled the world fucked his way through the 80's and found himself ready to settle down at 25. I was a young horny enthusiastic 17 year old who was ready to be loved. We just fit.

We have had some horrendous years together, really tough stuff to sort through, but we made it somehow. More through his maturity and persisitance I think than anything else.

I like him, ya know, really like him...even if he wasn't my husband he'd be my friend. He loves me EXACTLY as I am - always has.

He is a gorgeous guy with no jealously issues and has been more than happy to be married to a wild thing. He has never tried to "tame" me or change me, nor me with him. I like him worts and all.

We came together as two fun happy people wanting some stabilty and love.
God only knows how we have made it this far, but I gotta tell you, mutual love for hot sex and brutal honest communication has got us far....also interestingly we are both from long time married parents and grandparents...each 40 + years married on both sides ....we dont give up easy ;-)

I am a huge advocate for marriage , things just are not as much fun without him around.

xx
Honey