what was the reason why you broke up with your last relationship?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by chesz001, Apr 24, 2010.

1. chesz001

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    do you think it was his/her fault?

2. conntom

Gold Member

She wanted to get serious...starting talking marriage and stuff.

So yea..it was her fault it ended.

3. B_quietguy

B_quietguy New Member

We just weren't compatible. She wanted a different kind of relationship than what I wanted. She wanted more closed and to say who I else I could date and I wanted a more open relationship that did not allow veto power over who dated whom.

4. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

She wanted to get married, I didn't want to get married. I would have been ok with things continuing as they were, but that wouldn't have been fair to her.

5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

#5 nudeyorker, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  6. MickeyLee

Gold Member

i was peter pan. she was wendy lady. i preferred to exit the nursery through open windows. she went the old fashion way, she grew up.

she wanted to get more stable.. the move in, the buy a couch together.. have a dinning room table instead of pool table salvaged from a bar closing.

i still love her to death. enough to stop being a selfish little ass and accept that our lives weren't on the same field trip. i wish her the best in all thing, and that she gets everything out of life she needs or wants.

i am very lucky she's still one of my best friends. i get to talk to her at least once a week :biggrin:

eta: totally my fault... really, she is grace and wit in retro fashion. if there was ever a reason to stop chasing pirates, she was it.

#6 MickeyLee, Apr 24, 2010
  7. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

He beat the living daylights out of me not to mention strangling me.

8. conntom

Gold Member

That almost sounds racist...

In fact if it weren;t about white people it would be called racist.

9. MickeyLee

Gold Member

brah.. could you be any more haole??

10. AM_092

AM_092 Guest

Forgot my birthday, stood me up at dinner, didn't call or text... didn't let me dump him and we dragged on for the next 4 weeks (without even seeing me). So I ended up dumping him via text message.

11. Man-thango

Man-thango Member

I thought I was in a happy relationship for nearly three years. I was unhappy with the lack of spontaneity in our relationship and the fact he was trying to make me more conservative like him. Truth is I couldn't keep my dick in my pants because of this. He knew I was unfaithful and consistently told me that I had a sexual addiction. He tried to force me to get help. During this time he refused to have sex with me because of the fact I had sex with people other than him turned him off. Months later he found out I was having an emotional affair after reading a text that was sent accidentally to him. Then he ended it. It took all of that drama to make me realize I'm better off alone.

12. Mr. Bungle

Gold Member

Albums:
    She admitted she was cheating on me.

13. silvertriumph2

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    After more than 30 years in the "BI closet" together, I wanted to come out, breath, and live life
    without hidding, keeping separate apartments, taking "different" vacations that were actually
    taken "together", keeping track of the lies and the deceptions that were done constantly to keep
    others from discovering the secret that we were partners. I just wanted to be myself for a
    changem without worrying about what others thought, or if they would find out. He was happy
    with the status quo, and so saw no reason to change our arrangements and refused to change.
    Even after years of promising me that he would someday be comfortable enough to consider
    changing.

I finally gave up and said goodbye. I am not angry with him...he just did not have the desire to
    do things differently. We are still best friends. It was a difficult thing for me to do, but I bit the
    bullet and did it. I still only have one leg and foot out of the closet...a big step even for me, but
    I can smell the freedom, so I am sure it will take place eventually.

I am now in a new relationship with a man much younger than I. He never went through all the
    restrictions, taboos, and shame that that former partner and I experienced in our past.
    He is willing to to be patient and to help me through this change....we will work it out together.

#13 silvertriumph2, Apr 24, 2010
  14. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    We were only exclusively dating one another for 3 months and for the last 6 weeks he didn't have sex with me. He kept standing me up, and he stopped taking about half of my phone calls. He was being extremely incondisderate towards me.

Meanwhile, TheBoyfriend was right there, always around and so hot, sweet, smart, charming, and funny. I was constantly tempted to just grab him and have my way with him. He made it really clear without ever saying the words that he wanted me to do exactly that.

Three months after we began dating, my boyfriend and I were having a fight over not taking my calls while I was driving and I had just had enough. He was treating me badly all the time, he didn't seem to want me, and there were other men who seemed much more interested. I ended it. About 5 seconds after I felt the relief from having ended that relationship, I decided I was going to have TheBoyfriend.

And I did.

A puzzling end, my last ex-boyfriend seemed to bitter that I ended our relationship. I still don't understand that. He didn't seem to want to be in a relationship with me. We still interact socially and we're civil towards one another, but we really aren't what I would consider friends. He seems to like TheBoyfriend 10x better than he likes me.

15. D_Blu_Boy

D_Blu_Boy New Member

Albums:
    We never spoke. He ignored me constantly and even when we did get to talk or spend time together it was like he was in a completely different world or something. I'd have to force conversation and force meeting times so it just really wasn't working out.
    I ended it but it was totally his fault.

16. dolfette

Gold Member

because i'm intolerant.

17. vergax

vergax Member

Albums:
    i get bored with normal people and most women are :p

18. dolfette

Gold Member

and once the novelty value has faded they're just irritating you by existing in your space, right?

19. green carnation

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    it was definately all his fault then!

20. green carnation

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i dont know whose fault it was but i ended it because i felt i was not being treated with a modicum of respect and even though i still loved him i felt i was being slowly strangled on the inside

Draft saved Draft deleted