Why do white people get tribal arm bands? You have no tribe!

B_ClydeS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:) hmmmm I'm only 5'9 and about 220...I think i may be able to handle that...
hahaha

Good! When do you want me all over your body? :biggrin1:

I don't pay any attention to NJQT466 .... she's just jealous! :sgrin:

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
:lmao: hahaha 90% straight :lmao: hahaha :rofl:

Come on NJ was that really neccesary darling??
Please leave my ClydeS alone.
You know as well as I do people percentages don't mean a damn thing.
So what if he finds OC Muscle Jock gorgeous,so do I!
He offered to have everybody in!
cigarbabe:saevil:

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Non-Asians wanting Asian characters, might want to read:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/02/fashion/sundaystyles/02tattoos.html

For bad Asian tatts:
Hanzi Smatter ????

And don't forget to scroll down and check their archives, like this fun example:
Hanzi Smatter ????: October 2005
Check out item 2:
*** In Nov. 2005 issue of GQ magazine, there is an article called "The Office Dick" by Cecil Donahue. It identifies "The Common Two-Face Slacker" with the characteristics of "odd facial piercings" and "Chinese character tattooed on back of neck". ***

An SNL take on tattoo removal
http://www.hanzismatter.com.nyud.net:8090/snltattooremoval.mov

:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Non-Asians wanting Asian characters, might want to read:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/02/fashion/sundaystyles/02tattoos.html

For bad Asian tatts:
Hanzi Smatter ????

And don't forget to scroll down and check their archives, like this fun example:
Hanzi Smatter ????: October 2005
Check out item 2:
*** In Nov. 2005 issue of GQ magazine, there is an article called "The Office Dick" by Cecil Donahue. It identifies "The Common Two-Face Slacker" with the characteristics of "odd facial piercings" and "Chinese character tattooed on back of neck". ***

An SNL take on tattoo removal
http://www.hanzismatter.com.nyud.net:8090/snltattooremoval.mov

:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Invisi you are so clever!
They have amazing examples of Kanja gone wrong in tatts.
Some of those folks never bothered to research what they are putting on themselves!
Check out the examples!
C.B.:saevil:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Wow! That a ractist statement!

Why did you bump this thread? Half the members who posted in it are banned, it hasn't been posted in for years and years, and your statement seems to be apropos of nothing considering you it seems you didn't read the OP and do not appear to be responding to any other post.

Do you enjoy necromancy by any chance? Oh and what in the name of all that's holy is "ractist" ?

Last edited:

Yes we do!Tell us about your family line,how far back does it go?I can track my tribe back on paper to the 14th century maybe further.

The GERMANIC PEOPLES

Edit:This was in regards to tattoos and it's not an attack on NJQT
I can trace my family back to the 1100s. Irish celtic tribe.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

I can trace my family on my dad's side back to William I of England (William the Counqueror) born in 1027. Past that it gets kind of murkey but William the Counquror known prior to the Battle of Hastings in 1066 as William the Bastard was supposed to have been a direct descendant of Charlemagne.

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

Which tribe is that?

I can trace my family on my dad's side back to William I of England (William the Counqueror) born in 1027. Past that it gets kind of murkey but William the Counquror known prior to the Battle of Hastings in 1066 as William the Bastard was supposed to have been a direct descendant of Charlemagne.

That's pretty extraordinary, so how was your lineage traced that far back?

I know what you mean about William the Conqueror having Caroligian (and Merovigian for that matter) blood in him, but his "tribal" affiliation (if he had any) would more likely have been a Scandinavian one based on his descent from Rollo the Viking.

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My family is from Scotland and my parents were the first ones to leave the UK and immigrate to another Country. From what my Mother tells me our family is very old and used to be part of the Royal Family until we became horse thieves. She does talk about tribal origins as well. Don't know if she is full of it or not.

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Maybe I'm wrong, and God knows I'm wrong a lot, but I think the issue with 'white people' (whatever that means) getting tribal arm bands is about the co-opting of indigenous societies. Getting a tattoo of, for instance, something which is deeply relevant to a Maori tribesman just because your frat boy buddies thinks it looks 'cool' might be offensive to that tribesman, albeit as a concept rather than an actuality since the only people who will ever see said tattoo will be those frat boy buddies and the various skanks and stockbrokers our hypothetical tattooee moves among..

So far as I'm aware, and correct me if I'm wrong, there are no 'Germanic tribal tattoos.' There are runes, sure, but I don't see many young folks with runic tramp stamps. But again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

hairyversmuscle

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
In the early 90s everyone was getting barbed wire around their biceps and girls were getting it around their ankles.

To me, I would say at least 75% of the tribal tatts are on gay men. I think they are pretty much the worst tatt trends I have ever seen. They are poorly done and typically mean nothing.

Speaking of trend, that trend is pretty much out now. People are getting half and full sleeves now with vibrant colors. They show artisty and are creative unlike the "tribal" tatts which aren't even likely to be from any tribe ever and look like someone scribbled magic marker all over someones arm.

hairyversmuscle

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
There was one time I decided to be a dick and ask this guy who just got half his scrawny arm with a tribal tatt. After much bantering from me asking things like, "what tribe?" "what does it mean?" "Are you from a tribe?" and then he finally admitted he picked it out because he saw it on a picture of a hot guy and thought it looked cool!

And like all things that are cool... some day, they won't be cool!

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Even in industrial society we still have tribes. Ask your surly local hipster if you have any doubt. Or your surly local juggalo. Or your surly local computer programmer. Or your surly local thug. Human society is, invariably, based on groups who perceive a common social bond coming together. Sometimes, as is the case with the original post (as I perceive it) some of these social groups get together and tattoo themselves with the symbols of another tribe entirely, in order to claim a solidarity with some ideal that they probably saw in a movie somewhere. There is nothing inherently good or bad in this. It may or may not be offensive to the original tribe--but to ascribe any great motivation to it other than 'this is what bored suburban kids do with their parents money' may--and just may--be misguided.

lasolasbud

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I’m not a big fan of tattoos, piercings or any other body modification; it’s just a lot of body clutter to me. I see men and women who have decorated their bodies with multiple tattoos and all I can think is they could have invested their money more wisely. How about some dentistry, a personal trainer to help drop 50 lbs or joining Weight Watchers? There also seems to be a lot of bad artistry out there too and it really looks bad. Don’t go crazy and try to incorporate your dead dog into a tribal design of your ancestors who you’ve never met. Also tattoos require maintenance; they fad and begin to look bad. You’ve got to re-ink! Then there is the gravity factor; as you age your skin loses elasticity and the tattoo looks like its melting. There are exceptions; occasionally I see someone who looks amazing but it’s rare.
For those people who are trying to identify with a group/tribe try Facebook, it’s a great way to meet people.