Women with higher sex drive then partner

D

deleted1177331

My wife has a higher sex drive then i do , don’t get me wrong I enjoy sex just fall behind her. Do any other women have that issue and it does cause trouble in their relationships? Any advice you can pass on to me ?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
in all my relationships, casual and long-term, I've always been the more nooky driven partner. None of my partners have ever complained. It's always been a case of when they are ready I am good to go. I'm an on tap perv.

I don't take a "not in the mood" as a rejection because I know my libido is idling pretty high.

I also never turn down a good snuggle.

kcrown1967

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I’ve always had a higher drive than my partners. I have never turned down sex with the men I’ve been involved with. Mind you I’m making up for years of no sex when I was working. Dang near 15 yr dry spell, yikes lol. So I might not be a good candidate for answering this question. But it never bothered me that my fellas didn’t match my drive. You can always take matters into your own hands ;)

Reactions: Peter Brown II
D

deleted1177331

I just feel bad, I do enjoy sex with my wife it's just sometimes I'm not in the mood, probably a little more often then her.

I've always had a higher libido than anyone I've been with. It has been frustrating in the past, but that was partially due to a breakdown in communication on my part. I didn't always make it clear that my libido was high or attempt to initiate things as often as I wanted to, so I would end up silently frustrated and end up feeling resentful. There were also some times when I was turned down where it felt like they were rejecting me, not just having sex at the time.

Having said all that, with my sweetie I've always been clear with my communication. I try to leave it up to him a moderate amount of time to initiate things. I'm secure and comfortable enough with him to know that being turned down some doesn't phase me. I know he loves me, is attracted to me, wants me, etc. It took a bit of a learning curve when we first got together because our communication methods differ.

All in all, my $0.02 would be to make sure you communicate that you do consistently find your wife attractive and all of that. Not to say that you don't already do so, but that is my main bit of advice to offer.

D

deleted1177331

Don't feel bad, sex is meant to be a happy place.

She's your wife if she knew before y'all got hitched you can almost put money on her being okay with situation. Has she mentioned being dissatisfied with y'alls sex life?

Not so much more about me no initiating as much. I just find it difficult to do.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Lack of interest, fear of rejection, or not being sure about how to do it?

Horny people are pretty easy to proposition once we know you :p

Reactions: Voltaire
D

deleted1177331

Lack of interest, fear of rejection, or not being sure about how to do it?
I think it's the interest, that being said once I'm aroused I'm all in. It's just that initial spark that I find difficult.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Have ya tried building yourself worked up? Thinking sex thoughts, imaging what you two will do together, all the good times you've had in the past? Something that gets your motor revved up. Maybe a fantasy you could share with her?

D

deleted1177331

I think it's something I have to work on. It's nice to know though that I'm not the only one in a relationship where the woman has the higher sex drive

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
the boy has been pounced on for ambiguous eyebrow waggling. He meant The Rock and I took it as Rock My World.

Hope the working on it is heaps of fun.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think it's the interest, that being said once I'm aroused I'm all in. It's just that initial spark that I find difficult.
Is this normal for you, or is this a newer circumstance?

I'm accustomed to having a similar or higher drive than partners. I'm never less interested. I don't initiate much with equally horny partners because I just get caught up enjoying their company. You know? I find myself thinking, "Damn' your eyes are sparkly tonight. I love how they gleam when you're excited about the conversation. You keep looking at me like that and I'm gonna tear your fucking clothes off!" But before I get distracted enough from the good chatter to act on my lusty thoughts, my equally oversexed partner has made his move. In my case, the willingness to initiate is present, I'm just not often the first to act on the urge.

When I did have periods when I was less willing to initiate, it was always an early warning sign about some reservation I had. I would just urge you to search your mind and soul about whether or not you used to have more of a spark for kicking things off.

To address your main question, it's fine. As long as my partner is generally responsive to my advances, it's okay if I'm more interested in nookie than he is. It doesn't feel like rejection if it's a "yes" more often than a "no", especially if he sometimes initiates. Actually, due to my personal history, I wouldn't keep a man who never initiates. It would trigger emotional trauma, and I would leave him. Your wife is not at all likely to have this in common with me.

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Thankfully I'm perfectly matched with my husband, we're both very highly sexed. Even after a long hard day he's always ready for me and even after all these years together our sex is still amazing and on point.
I have been in relationships in the past tho where my partner just couldn't keep up, frustrating tbh xx

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This kind of triggers me a bit. I have always been the one with the higher drive. Unfortunately, I had one partner who kind of used it to hurt me. He made me feel rejected quite a bit. In fact it has made me hesitant to initiate in other relationships, every time I’m turned down, I again feel that same feeling of hurt.

Fortunately, I’m all off relationships now. :) No more worries. But should that status change, I would hope for a man with equal or greater drive than mine. Rejection is a bummer.