Would you ever have sex with an HIV+ person?

Would you ever have sex with an HIV+ or POZ person?

• Total voters

TzVon

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You are correct it is your right to choose.... what I was trying to say is that most guys are only concerned with HIV transmission, when it has the lowest rate of transmission. Seems to me guys should be more concerned about all the other STD"S in general, which can cause serious harm to there body if they do not know they have an STD. Plus they will be transmitting it to other people far more easily. What I do not understand is why they only care about HIV... As far as HPV goes..there is no cure for it either. If your body is healthy it will take care of the flare up, but you will always have the virus, just no visible signs of it. It lives in the skin, and is transmitted by skin to skin contact. It does not require any type of bodily fluid exchange.
Actually some types os HPV (there's more than 100) has cure. That cure is by the immune system. People that have weak immune system, like the HIV +, Lupus, cancer etc... Can't cure themselves because they are weak and don't have the ability of fighting the virus. We estimate that 80% of the world population has been in contact with the HPV virus. Of course thet we all should be careful to not catch any DST, but from all of them i think HIV is the worst. Some DST have cure with antibiotics. But i hope that very soon there's a cure for HIV and also for other non DST diseases like the one that i have (Lupus).

Reactions: BBB2.5

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Actually some types os HPV (there's more than 100) has cure. That cure is by the immune system. People that have weak immune system, like the HIV +, Lupus, cancer etc... Can't cure themselves because they are weak and don't have the ability of fighting the virus. We estimate that 80% of the world population has been in contact with the HPV virus. Of course thet we all should be careful to not catch any DST, but from all of them i think HIV is the worst. Some DST have cure with antibiotics. But i hope that very soon there's a cure for HIV and also for other non DST diseases like the one that i have (Lupus).

Human Papilloma Virus. Source: Center for Disease Control.

Of the 170+ varieties of HPV just two (HPV 16 & 18) are linked to most (70% of cases of) cervical cancer in women. These two also may cause throat and penile cancer in men and 90% of anal cancers in both sexes are caused by these two.

The HPV vaccination gives immunity to these two but is recommended for pre-adolescents. HPV 16 & 18 do not cause genital warts. The vaccine will not protect against all HPV cancers but most.

If you have or ever had common warts (verruca vulgaris) or plantar warts they are also HPV just not 16 or 18.

Genital warts are usually HPV6 or HPV11 and are most commonly transmitted by anal or vaginal sex but can be transmitted by any sexual contact. They are not linked to HPV cancers.

Wear condoms, people. Wrap it up. :cool: The ladies already know to get regular Pap smears with their OB/GYNs.

Reactions: Lark Rov and BBB2.5

ohiorod

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Human Papilloma Virus. Source: Center for Disease Control.

Of the 170+ varieties of HPV just two (HPV 16 & 18) are linked to most (70% of cases of) cervical cancer in women. These two also may cause throat and penile cancer in men and 90% of anal cancers in both sexes are caused by these two.

The HPV vaccination gives immunity to these two but is recommended for pre-adolescents. HPV 16 & 18 do not cause genital warts. The vaccine will not protect against all HPV cancers but most.

If you have or ever had common warts (verruca vulgaris) or plantar warts they are also HPV just not 16 or 18.

Genital warts are usually HPV6 or HPV11 and are most commonly transmitted by anal or vaginal sex but can be transmitted by any sexual contact. They are not linked to HPV cancers.

Wear condoms, people. Wrap it up. :cool: The ladies already know to get regular Pap smears with their OB/GYNs.

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Currious ...are you worried about contracting STD's at all.... they are the MOST transmitted of all...far past HIV ...actually the most transmitted SDT is HPV...nearly every guy has it that has had several sex partners. They just show no signs of having it, but once they do , not an easy thing to deal with.... do your research .
People still think HIV is instant death sentence. There are so many other STDs that people forgot about.