Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

tiger61

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've looked at several studies and graphs. It appears that 70% of men are 6 inches or bigger. About 25% are 5 or over but not quite 6. And about 5% are below 5 inches.

While some may call 6 average...which statistically it is....but 6 is really a nice handful and in my book, big enough.

So if you are in that over 6 group, consider yourself big and lucky.

If you are in that 5-6 group...damn nature....it gave you a decent penis but not big enough to really be called big....can work but let's be honest both you and your lovers would like a little more...

If you are in that less than 5" group you have a right to be pissed off at nature because most people, women and especially gay men, really don't want you and would very much consider dumping you for that reason alone.....it sucks...

I agree that more men are "larger" than the stats show. I have had more than one GF that would estimate the "average" to be closer to 7 inches.....simply because they have not been with anyone smaller than that.

Sadly I am in the 5% that you are talking about......under 5 inches. And yes, I have had more than one woman a bit shocked that I am that small.

very_hairy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

very_hairy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
But you honestly believe that "7 inches" would occur the most often? :confused:

Crunch

From what I've been told by girls, the mode is much nearer 7" than 5" - maybe it's 6.5"-7"? I'm not an expert in this realm - just basing it on what I've been told.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
From what I've been told by girls, the mode is much nearer 7" than 5" - maybe it's 6.5"-7"? I'm not an expert in this realm - just basing it on what I've been told.

They may have told you that but the mode is definitely closer to 5" than 7".

dirkjesje

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The 7" told by girls isn't the 7" mark on a ruler.
It's a socially expected answer, to have a boyfriend just above average, and the 7" is that in all the way, above average and not too high for exageration.

The real average is close to 6"; but not 6" at all.
Several urologists in West-Europe has/will confirm this.
If the real mode is 7" - why are we getting so many mails to enlarge our penis, why are there so many requests to get an operation?
( In Belgium, they won't start with an enlargement if you're 4" or above ).

Average somewhere between 5.75-6.00
Median on 5.75
Mode 5.50

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The numbers I used were purely fictional - I was just trying to illustrate the difference between mean and mode. Mean = average. Mode = number that occurs the most often. Median = the number in the middle.

See this link if you're still confused
Mean, Median and Mode

Thanks for replying, but my question was more specifically the bar graph I linked to. Based on that, what would be the mode? 5.75"?

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
just means that they are lousy measurerererers:tongue::tongue:

pcghabsy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Basic rule:

Real inches = Perceived inches (= internet inches) - 2

henryontims

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
70% of men cannot be big. Its an issue of pure definition. The avg, whatever the number, is going to reflect the greatest percentage of the population. Big and small should be equally represented on either side of that avg figure.

More attention is probably made of the "big" number because men with bigger penises are more apt to be vocal / visual about their size, which skews perception in their favor. Men with smaller penises are more apt to be less vocal / visual because social media implies (and even often tells them) that if you are not "big," you are inferior.

The perceptiopn that most men are "big" (a position not scientifically supported) is most likely a result of the quiet majority. (And, no, regardless of how many hook-ups your GF may have had previously, her opinions do not merit scientific findings.)

StraightCamshow

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have actually heard from women that they believe that the average size is more like 7 inches. That is from their experience. Whether it is correct or not.....who knows? But I just know I have heard it from more than one woman.

So I should be really pissed because I am under 5 inches? Well, I don't know about pissed. Yes, I would like to have more, and yes, I have been with women who wish I had more.............and yes...........I have been dumped because I didn't have more. Fortunately, there are women who don't base a relationship only on penis size.

I'd love to see a woman show how big 7 inches is. I bet 70% have no fucking idea!

D

deleted492424

In my opinion, it really doesn't matter about size. If someone is "big" but they don't know how to use it right, then it's wasted space. If someone is "small" and they can't use it, it's wasted space. A person's size really, in all actuality, means jack-diddly-squat if they don't make a proper lover.

And I've never heard those facts before. I've always heard that 5 is average, and as far as I've heard, that hasn't changed.

good!

Young

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd love to see a woman show how big 7 inches is. I bet 70% have no fucking idea!

And of course women can lie to make their lover feel bigger and better about himself. And when a woman talks about her "huge, huge, biggest-in-the-whole-wide-world-ever" (former?) boyfriend, has it ever occured to people she might just be bragging? Like when she got a present and claims it's more expensive then it really is? :tongue:

For some reason there seem to many anonymous guys online who's girlfriend, or a friend, or a friend's friend's friend's girlfriend all once dated a guy (or: several) who put Mandingo to shame. :rolleyes:

And, even weirder: they all know EXACTLY how big the guys were, length, circumference... like the first thing they do when they whip it out is reach for a ruler or tape and scientifically measure the thing. Maybe some weird fetish I haven't heard of yet? :biggrin1:

Last edited:

StanDarsh

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This thread was good for a chuckle. As many have said, it's not even mathematically possible for 70% of men to be "bigger than average".

Also the reason women are off on what they believe is average has more to do with sample size and who they encounter than their inability to "guesstimate". Regardless of whether size matters or not to women, it matters to men and affects their confidence. Women are more apt to experience the larger side of the spectrum because the smaller guys (especially the extremely small fellows) tend not to be confident enough to experience multiple partners (or at least as many as the larger fellows).

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I started this thread. Some people don't read.

What I clearly stated was that while average of course by definition is not big, I do think that most guys are over 6 inches. And 6 inches seems to be the unofficial barrier for big vs. small. I once read where Playgirl would not consider a model less than 6 inches.

Fortunately, according to most statistics, most guys...maybe even as high as 70% are over 6 inches. So most guys should be happy with their penis. Most women..85% in some surveys say they are happy with their guys penis. But probably 70 of those 85% of penises are over 6 inches. So it is logical that they would be.

The 15% who aren't happy probably do have guys with penises less than 5 inches. The extra 15% maybe between 5-6 inches.

Certainly I'm guessing but the bottom line is that if you were born with a dick less than 5 inches...it sucks. Certainly you can make up for it, but yes, it sucks.