Baldness...

gary26460

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
About four year ago I developed alopecia totalis, an auto immune disorder. It took about three weeks to go from a full head of hair, to absolutely nothing. No eyebrows eyelash pubes pits , nothing anywhere. Jumped through all the hoops with the dermatologist, with no results.
You would not believe how much hair actually helps, as far as keeping warm, cool and just plain head protection.
Let me just say, I really don't like it at all, but not a lot I can do about it.

hairyversmuscle

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
So back when I had a full head of hair it was crazy and uncontrolled, it was sort of "Kramer" hair (for those who get that reference.)

In 1994 I was an angry kid, I shaved my head bald. Back then it was pretty shocking and edgy. With the exception of a couple years of a military flat top, I have shaved it bald ever since.

I know now that I would have a major bald spot in the back and a receding hair line.

I know that my hair, if I tried to grow it out would look terrible, I hated it when I had it and love that I don't have it anymore. I haven't been passed up for any dates or anything like that because I shave my head etc...

vej33

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My hair started thinning in front when I was 18 or so - pretty ridiculous. My trade is in the entertainment industry, and so male-pattern baldness does certainly change the roles I can take on, but I've found that a good performance on my part will overshadow my thinning hair. But some directors seem not to care, as mext month I'll be performing in "The Last 5 Years".

As far as relationships, I've been with both girls and guys who have openly expressed their boredom at what my hair was doing - they just didn't care. They were with me for my personality, not my hair. My current boyfriend of 6 years has a full head of hair and has no problem with my thinning hair. He told me he actually finds it attractive as it is a very masculine attribute. Ever since he said that I've been noticing more bald guys and finding that same thing to be true.

It took me a while to come to terms with it (especially as an actor), but I finally came to the realization that I am a 100% healthy 20-something, and that's really what matters.

redneckgymrat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you are in your 30's then it's not so bad. I'd rather lose my hair and be thin than have a full head of hair and get fat.
Speak for yourself. At the ripe old age of 37, I had a small surgery, and one of the medications I took started causing hair loss. Despite the side effects, I still would have taken it, but a little warning would have been nice...

It was devastating. My glorious mane, carefully sculpted into a pompadour by the same barber for YEARS, started to thin and fall flat. Devastating, in fact, is an understatement, as my beautiful hair was one of my defining qualities.

I went to another barber who cut it off to a #2 burr, and it looked better. But, after a couple of cuts, my barber suggested a flattop...a cut which is supposed to be bald on top. (landing strip) Looked great on me, and I kept the flattop...despite the fact that I stopped taking that medication, and my hair grew back.

In fact, I now wear a fairly severe USMC style flattop...

My sympathy for men who are losing their hair is deep, and personal. I've been there. And, no, age does not help a guy cope...especially a guy as young as the 30s!

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I didnt wait till I was totally bald..as soon as the bald patch in the back was getting close to meeting the receding hairline in the front I shaved my head slick bald and keep it like that. my hair was cut pretty short to start with so i didn't have that trying to hide it look anyway. as to feeling less a man..absolutley not. baldness is a primarily masculine trait anyway. I also have enough hair everywhere else to make up for it.

NOBBY_UK

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Started Balding at the back in my mid 30s
Finally decided to Shave it -
(and maintain it with a No. 1 Cut)
when I was 42.

I think going grey was a bigger deal,
it put 10-15 years on me.

D_JoeBitem

Experimental Member
Media
You're balding a little.

- Start getting more sleep
- Drink lots of water
- Switch up your refined sugar for honey
- Eat lots of salad
- Clean out your bowels with a laxative AND a couple enemas
- Walk outdoors for good blood circulation and fresh air

The Caesar salad is going to become your BEST friend! Raw spinach, Kraft Parmesan Vinagrette dressing and 1 or 2 croutons make a salad out of this world that you'll never get bored eating. Drop half a chicken breast into it twice a week, but, none of that rubbery processed chicken. If you must, get a couple of fried chicken breasts from KFC, skin them and soak them in hot water, until the grease floats off. Then, hack it up and drop it into your salad. [Quick way: microwave the skinned breasts in a bowl of hot water for 2 minutes. Chop up and serve.]

I would also suggest you trade up your submarine sanwiches and burgers and for a good Caesar wrap from a modestly priced deli, even from Safeway or some other supermarket chain. No fatty garlic spread here! Get the sandwich guy to smear a little dijon mustard inside your wrap--just enough to hold the lettuce in place. Romaine lettuce, grated cheese, a smidgen of dijon mustard and Caesar vinagrette dressing will make you forget all about burgers or submarine sandwiches. Have chicken added, if you must.

The idea here is to get as much GREEN into your system as possible, and in every crazy way you can think of. Wash it down with a bucket of water.

You'll probably see that hair coming back inside of 6 mos.

What horsecrap! Balding is 100% genetic unless you have a serious medical condition. I started going bald at 20 and now shave my head daily. My diet was wonderful and none of that matters when it comes to male pattern baldness. You can't change mother nature but you have to accept it and move on with your life. I love being bald now.

Stringer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Can products you put in your hair, such as certain gels, shampoos, styling putties, etc. affect baldness? Or, once again, is it 100% hereditary. Almost every man in my family kept his hair, except for my older bro, who lost it in his early 20s.

I think... you just have to deal and make the best of it. If you lose your hair early - get a buzz cut and look hot. :)

If you go grey early (like me), just remind yerself of the dudes it looks ok on. Own it. :)

redneckgymrat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you go grey early (like me), just remind yerself of the dudes it looks ok on. Own it. :)
Or shave it off.

My sideburns went gray first, then the temples. I just cut my flat even tighter...got shaved whitewalls. It looks intentional, and completely obliterates the gray.

It also takes about 10 years off my apparent age.

Stringer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I think... you just have to deal and make the best of it. If you lose your hair early - get a buzz cut and look hot. :)

Joll, you look fine. My Dad started going grey in his 20s and now in his 60s he's got a nice white lid. He gets compliments too from the ladies.

Own it J-Man. You look good. :)