Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How come some people don't seem to have them, but it's very evident on others?

I've seen some pictures of a few circumcised men on here, and I was actually jealous that their skin color was even all along the shaft and the scar just blends in, while mine is pretty tan up to the scar but pink above the scar and on my head.

Do I have my doctor to blame, or is it just how I am?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Actually, nobody's 'to blame.' Skin coloration is a combination of inherited genes and the luck of the draw, even on the circumcised penis.

boss8920

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As Pecker rightly sais, it is all to do with the colouration differences between shaft skin and inner foreskin. Shaft skin is generally darker in colour and if you are cut high you will have a larger area of paler foreskin. The darker scar itself is down to the method used. No one is to blame other than your genes!!!! It looks good and having a visible scar is to some people a lot more sexy looking. Don't feel bad about it

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Skin colour usually changes on uncut dicks too - just not so abruptly. I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

Guill

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
As said your genes affect the skin coloration the outer skin and what was the inner foresking. The transition can be determined by the method of circumcison. The dark ring that you have is often caused from a clamp being used during the circumcions.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's pretty easy for the guy with the scars to think about them.
It's often the case that their partners never gave it a thought.
My brother-in-law had a hare lip. They repaired it beautifully...so much so that it changed standard medical procedures. I never, ever think of it. It's all he sees in the mirror.
He forgets he has a handsome face.

Don't ever give it another thought. No one else will, either. They will be too busy being fascinated by what it does. I guarantee.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
@mandoman: that's easier said than done but thank you for the encouragement.

I appreciate all the feedback guys, thanks. I probably do worry too much about my faults, but I'm just really self conscious about myself... I guess its how guys like me are.

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
No question but that the difference in color between your shaft and head is genetic, but the dark ring at the point of circumcision is created by the circumcising clamp. There are several different styles of clamps used for circumcision and they create different styles of scarring. My circumcision scar doesn't have much change in coloration because I'm an old fart and was born shortly after the first clamps were invented. I was also born in an army hospital that didn't have such elaborate tools and the doc did it the old fashioned way, with a scalpel.

I agree with the previous posters in that you should do your best to not worry or be self conscious about it. If my own experience is any indication it'll bother you less and less as you age, I was quite self conscious about many of my personal traits at your age but by the time I was in my mid to late twenties those concerns had all faded by the wayside.

Attachments

Reactions: lc281

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Basically as pecker has pointed out, the pigment between the shaft skin and inner foreskin, does differ, so will be noticeable that way.

On guy's who are RIC / cut at birth, this is much less noticeable, but you can still see some difference.

I'm currently uncut (Will be cut in the next 12 / 18 months when funds allow), but still notice that my shaft skin is noticeably darker than my inner foreskin, and bearing in mind I am colour blind too, so was a bit surprised I noticed this.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
How come some people don't seem to have them, but it's very evident on others?

I've seen some pictures of a few circumcised men on here, and I was actually jealous that their skin color was even all along the shaft and the scar just blends in, while mine is pretty tan up to the scar but pink above the scar and on my head.

Do I have my doctor to blame, or is it just how I am?

The quality of circumcision surgery varies a great deal. If the MD is a hack and cuts things back extremely tightly there will be scarring that develops as you go through puberty. Most of the time it is cosmetic and has no ill effects, but on rare occasion this is a problem. If you are considering adult circumcision in some ways you're better off. You're done growing and there are not likely going to be changes taking place that would have a negative effect on you at a later date. In infantile circumcision the MD does not know what is going to happen at puberty and as a result a tight circ can be a problem for a percentage of men. I don't think that any research has been done, but, I would wonder myself about the differences in circ'd men who grew quickly in penis size at puberty versus those who grew more slowly. A minor scarring from a circ could be compromised and made far worse and nobody would really know. This is not unlike stretch marks from weight gain, bodybuilding or in women pregnancy. If it grew fast and had been circ'd it would be interesting to conduct a study. To me personally this is why most having adult circumcisions are happy and may be one of the reasons that those having had infant circumcision and being dissatisfied with it. Food for though. . . . .

Reactions: neuillytamere
S

SirConcis

Sometime during puberty and adulthood, the hormones cause the penis skin to darken. On some guys, the inner foreskin also darkens, while on other guys, it remains pinkish.

It has nothing to do with the type of circumcision or the scar itself. It is just skin pigmentation and your genes.

Now, if you have a very loose circumcision, or partial circumcision where part of head is covered when in underwear, the inner foreskin will have less "incentive" to darken during the period of life when the skin darkens.

If you do a lot of nudism, chances are yoru inner foreskin will darken with the sun over time.

There are a lot of variables. You can't draw any rules/conclusions. Both pink and dark inner foreksins are normal on adults.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I have always felt weird about my circumcision scar.

The discoloration is mild, but that doesn't both me, the issue I have is that I have a bit of bunched up flesh on the bottom of my dick where the cut was made.

It's not that big of a deal I guess, it bugs me sometimes though >.>

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It seems my scar line is only darker along the underside while the top side is lighter. Also, I'm not sure how the doc did the cut. All around is even but the bottom is not.

Rohow9

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
The color contrast, on a circumcised penis, occurs when the "outer," shaft skin is highly pigmented and the "inner," mucosa (the skin under the foreskin) is the usual pink color(even the mucosa of black men is pink). Circumcision -- at least a high cut-- removes much of the outer skin and exposes the mucosa. The color change is most evident at the circumcision scar where the cut edge of the shaft skin has been attached to the cut edge of the mucosa. Some ethnic groups tend to have high pigmentation contrast... Italians, and other Mediterranean groups. With men of these groups, when they are not circumcised -- but the foreskin is retracted, the same color contrast occurs. In other groups, such as Scandinavian men, when their foreskins are retracted, and the mucosa (the most sensitive tissue on the penis) is exposed, there is little if any color contrast. Likewise, when men of this group are circumcised, there is usually very little, if any, pigmentation contrast at the scar line. Additionally, if a man is circumcised "low," and all of the sensitive inner lining has been removed, the circumcised penis heals with the shaft skin pulled up against the back of the corona of the glans. There is then, no color difference because the entire shaft is covered with shaft skin only. In such cases, the glans itself can sometimes stand out in contrast--- its bright pink color against the darkly pigmented shaft skin. But that contrast often fades with time, as the glans dries out and loses its sensitivity.