communal showers in London

jerkitout

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
just wanted to see how many gyms/leisure centres in London still have communal showers

They seem to be few and far between these days. Of the ones I know:

LSBU University Gym
Brixton Rec Centre

I cannot STAND shower cubicles! I bash my elbows, I never know where to hang my towel and, quite frankly, I enjoy the freedom of communal showering

gwat

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
1. Oasis Sports Centre
IMG_7124.JPG

2. Finsbury Leisure Centre
IMG_7075.JPG

3. Cycle Beat
IMG_7127.JPG

4. Muscle Bull Gym
IMG_7126.JPG

5. Geraldine Mary Harmsworth
IMG_7128.JPG

6. Golden Lane Sports & Fitness
IMG_7132.JPG

7. Flaxman Sports Centre
IMG_7137.JPG

8. South Norwood Leisure Centre
IMG_7133.JPG

9. Chelsea Sports Centre
IMG_7125.JPG

10. Waltham Forest Centre
IMG_7134.JPG

Attachments

gwat

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For a few months I've been training with my local football team. So far we just played some preseason games, but it's interesting to see a completely different attitude towards communal showers and nudity in the team.

Most of the gyms in my area have quiet changing rooms and the men desparately try to avoid being seen naked. Loads of guys don't shower at all after a work out.

However in the football team it's much much more open. We've played two away games and a home game and all the showers have been completely communal. There's never even a cubicle option. With the team age 18-30, (and the majority 18-23) it's refreshing to see a completely relaxed view to being naked and using the communal showers. Everyone leaves their towel at the place they were getting change and just wanders over to the showers butt naked. The best experience so far was in one of our away games, as the club house changing room had enough showers for 10 players to use them at once. It was one of the first times I've just stood and had a chat about a match whilst my willy was out. A great experience though

gwat

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I must add that its not like gym showers where you can quietly go about your business. As a new player it gets pointed out how big your nob is. Mine was compared to another player, and we were made to stand side to side as we apparently had the exact same cock. I think it was because of us both being clean shaven and we had a similar foreskin. Although I didn't really want to look for long haha.

williamkony

Legendary Member
Media
For a few months I've been training with my local football team. So far we just played some preseason games, but it's interesting to see a completely different attitude towards communal showers and nudity in the team.

Most of the gyms in my area have quiet changing rooms and the men desparately try to avoid being seen naked. Loads of guys don't shower at all after a work out.

However in the football team it's much much more open. We've played two away games and a home game and all the showers have been completely communal. There's never even a cubicle option. With the team age 18-30, (and the majority 18-23) it's refreshing to see a completely relaxed view to being naked and using the communal showers. Everyone leaves their towel at the place they were getting change and just wanders over to the showers butt naked. The best experience so far was in one of our away games, as the club house changing room had enough showers for 10 players to use them at once. It was one of the first times I've just stood and had a chat about a match whilst my willy was out. A great experience though
I used north Kensington pool and Tuesday evenings the football lads were in the locker room. All lads were naked queuing up for the communal showers. No towels just fully naked together.

gwat

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here it is. The London list. Thought it would be good to have all the best ones in one place...

1. Oasis Sports Centre
View attachment 883960

2. Finsbury Leisure Centre
View attachment 883958

3. Cyclebeat
View attachment 883967

4. Muscle Bull Gym
View attachment 883964

5. Geraldine Mary Harmsworth
View attachment 883968

6. Golden Lane Sports & Fitness
View attachment 883973

7. Flaxman Sports Centre
IMG_7137.JPG

8. South Norwood Leisure Centre
View attachment 883976

9. Chelsea Sports Centre
View attachment 883963

10. Waltham Forest Centre
View attachment 883981

11. DW Fitness Monument
IMG_7135.JPG

12. London South Bank Academy of Sport
IMG_7136.JPG

13. Ringside Boxing Gym
IMG_7138.JPG

14. Wimbledon Leisure Centre
IMG_7139.JPG

15. Brentford Fountain Leisure Centre
IMG_7140.JPG

16. Morden Park Pools
IMG_7141.JPG

Without images:
- Tooting Leisure Centre
- Sobell Centre
- Marshall Street Leisure Centre
- Bacon College Sports Centre
- Better Gym Holloway
- Long Lane JFC
- Islington Tennis Centre

HairyMuscle

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
eww Indian guys smells bad.

So you've personally met and taken in the body odour of the 662,000,000 Indian guys on the planet? I think you should take that post down buddy, not cool. And incidentally your grammar's not quite right, so we all have our tiny little faults.

gwat

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Most men are fine with communal showers so I don't really understand the benefit of adding extra walls. Communal showers have loads of benefits. Firstly, there's always availability, as you can cheaply fit a lot more shower heads in one room. It's also uses one drainage system and is therefore easier to maintain and likely to be cleaner/more hygienic.

In my opinion, however, the greatest strength of communal showers comes from the psychological aspects. Especially in British culture, it's important to have moments where you can feel liberated. 95% of our lives are reserved, well mannered and obedient. The opportunity to finish a hard gym session with a communal shower makes perfect sense. You work hard and follow it up by stripping off and cutting loose. Just letting go completely of all tensions and insecurities and worries.

People want to get rid of them due to an invasion of privacy, but when you experience them and get used to them, you realise it's the only place left where you can feel completely comfortable with yourself. Nobody will judge you, make comments or be rude. At your most vulnerable you can feel the most strong. Long live Communal Showers!

jetblackscream

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I play 5 a side too, and have to say my experiences are very similar to yours GWAT. I'm on a team of completely mixed ages, from late 20s to late 50s (including my Dad and one of his mates), and not one person is shy. It's quite liberating to see a complete age range all comfortable showering completely bollock naked together .

gymboy89

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The walk is all part of the experience! Once you've done it a few times, you wouldn't even give it a second thought.

But, yes, I do understand that for some blokes the whole communal showers thing is just not their cuppa. Hence the reason I advocate some gyms offering cubicles whilst others offer open showers. Something for everyone.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment. Find a gym with communal showers that's mutually convenient for the pair of us, and you're on! ;)

Yep all part of the experience! In fact the walk back to your towel when you're dripping wet is pretty nice too

gymboy89

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Bit of a tangent but at my work gym which has cubicles, I strip naked and walk to shower with towel (literally a few feet). My colleague would always go to showers in his boxers but lately he’s started just stripping off. Was impressed he felt comfortable and I hope it was because he saw me do it.

Communal or not, being naked in lockerroom is trendsetting haha. The shy ones will follow

D

deleted907269

VA Mayfair has cubicle showers and a reasonably active sauna, the configuration with sauna at the entrance of the shower area allows for very easy interaction.

Just go into the sauna, wait for someone interesting, invite him to shower and make your way to the last cubicles. Hang the towel above the door and enjoy yourselves.

Alternatively, you can go and shower with the door open in the far end of the shower area, guys hungry for cock are always looking down there.