communal showers in London

jerkitout

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
just wanted to see how many gyms/leisure centres in London still have communal showers

They seem to be few and far between these days. Of the ones I know:

LSBU University Gym
Brixton Rec Centre

I cannot STAND shower cubicles! I bash my elbows, I never know where to hang my towel and, quite frankly, I enjoy the freedom of communal showering

scanlan

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Join the military. I loved showering with sometimes as many as 15 guys, all checking each other out. Saw quite a few whoppers...
When I was a kid all the YMCA's had nude swimming. Not co-ed, certain days for the gals and another day for the guys. Saw a few whoppers there also.

Last edited:

neo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Can you do much In them?

Come on - it's Britain! These places all have a compulsory clothing policy, so not even any nudity. Which is fair enough, because they're municipal spas. You want to go to a sauna where you can do stuff there are plenty of them.

But this thread is about gyms with open showers so this is straying off topic anyway.

In my experience most gyms in the UK have open showers, but maybe I've just been lucky?

D_Raisebeck_Ramewe

Experimental Member
Media
i see this is an old thread, but i thught i'd add my experience.
i'm italian n in italy it's very reserved. 99% of places have shower with walls n often doors, and nudity is rare. when i moved in uk i was surprised to see open showers are very common here in london. i've been to swim to many places (im not a member) and most leisure centers have open showers. some have the sauna/steam area which tend to be either men or women only, which means nudity is allowed, tho not too common usually.

Reactions: RL_Praha