• Bird(s)

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Fish

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Horse(s)

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Reptile(s)

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Farm Related (cows, sheep, goats, chickens)

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Other (frogs, spiders, mice)

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • No, I don't have any pets

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters
D

deleted3782

We have had threads on pictures of pets, names of pets, and even saving pets. LPSGers love their pets.

Do you have pets? If so...how long have you had a pet (or has your pet had you?).

I used to have two dogs that were brothers...the first died in 2006 and I lost the second in June of last year. Someone recently kept horses in my back fields for a few months...and they sort of served as big pets that I could play and horse around with, but they have been moved elsewhere. So now I am petless for the first time in my life.

Strangely, I'm not sure I want to get a new pet. They involve a commitment of time and care that I'm not sure I can afford right now. Training a young animal takes time, and I have a job that keeps me away from home 9 hours a day. Not having an animal means I can go where I want and when I want without any coordination of pet care.

So...no pets here right now. What about you?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Giselle will be five next month! We had golden retrievers growing up, but she has been a delight I'm hooked on this breed. She is smart and funny and full of love!

Attachments

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
None.

I grew up in a "pet" household (dogs, cats, birds, fish, and all manner of random little furry things (rats, yuck!).

The older I get, the less I want a pet or pets. It's not that I don't like animals. But I increasingly feel that the responsibility and the mess are more than I want to take on. If anything, I'm really a cat person now, because they're low maintenance.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The last time i had pets was 10 years ago at the family home. I took care of taking the dog for walks, a springer spaniel that really actually took me for a run and the cat which was partial to sleeping at the end of my bed and peeing in my sportsbag.

tray22nc

Sexy Member
Media
We have a beautiful cat named Jasmin. She is 4 years old and weighs about 5 1/2 lbs still. She was a rescue after someone threw her out of a moving car when she was probably 5 weeks old or so. She thinks that she is a human. Her favorite treats are EZ Cheese (from a can) and Ramen Noodles. LOL I would add pictures, but I'm not sure how. :eek:(

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Right now I have only Sammy, my male double yellow headed amazon parrot. I've had him since July 1998, at which time he was about 7 1/2 years old. I have no idea about his first few years, but I did trace his breeder from his leg band ID to find out his age. He'll be 19YO this year, but is still very much in his prime. Before Sammy, I had "fostered" a dusky conure for a year or so for a friend who moved to South Africa, but when I brought Sammy home, she was not pleased. I found someone else who wanted her and she's still there. My first bird was Popeye, a blue fronted amazon, whom I got when I was 14, but he died after a long mysterious illness when only five years old. I still have his ashes with me, and oddly enough, Sammy is the same age Popeye would be if he was still alive.

For a few years I maintained a planted 75gal freshwater aquarium with cardinal tetras, a pair of angel fish (which bred but couldn't manage to keep the others from eating the babies), cherry shrimp, dwarf african frogs, panda cories (which bred in there and gave me a few that survived to adulthood all on their own), sparkling gouramis (also bred and raised offspring on their own) and a few others I can't remember at the moment. My heart sank one morning when I awoke to a tank full of dead fish -- my filter crashed overnight. I didn't set it up again because I was planning to go back to school and didn't want to move it again (already broke it down and moved it twice before).

I grew up with dogs, and I miss having one, but it wouldn't be fair with my life right now. I'm not a cat fan -- very allergic, and just not into the cat mentality. I can't imagine living without a parrot again. The time after Popeye felt so empty, even though I was living at my mother's and had the dogs. I'm a bird-guy first and foremost -- they make the most "sense" to me. I'd love to get another amazon, but since I'll be moving again next year when I graduate, I don't want to add anything until then.

And here are some pics of my handsome boy. Forgive his daddy's appearance...this was during a week of four exams and I looked like crap.

:)

Attachments

Last edited:

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Had some family pets before, but now 4 amusing stray cats who sit on the porch all day, expecting me to feed them every time I come outside. A Blue Russian type is my buddy and the others are jealous of him.

The way they blink to "win me over" is very endearing, though I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing.

Last edited:

nedly32

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
my et a 16yo mexican hairless love of my life,missy 13yo the queen of the house shes a hairless chinese crested and penut 4yo mini hairless chinese crested they just fill are home with loads of love and joy:smile:

nattynatt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was asked to mind a 8 week old Miniature Schnauzer for the weekend...eight years later & she's still here.
The light of my life.

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Until recently, we had 2 dogs, 2 cats and a horse. Unfortunately, now we are down to one dog and our horse. Almost all of our animals were strays. We've never been without animals at our homes in over 30 years.

tat2dqt78

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have 3 dogs, a water frog and 6 hermit crabs.
The hermit crabs are my daughters, they are super low maintence, and she loves having them.
The water frog is one of those really little (the size of my thumbnail) guys. He is in a 2 gallon tank in my living room. And I love to watch him dart around his tank at feeding time. He also let's me touch him when I'm cleaning his tank, he's cool.
My dogs are amazing. I have 2 rescues. A Boston Terrier (the terror), a standard Spaniel, he's a big boy 55 pounds. And my little man, is a Cavalier King Charles/English Toy spaniel mix. He has my heart, and he knows it. He's totally spoiled rotten, but everyone that meets him loves him. He's a little guy about 17 pounds, long hair, and huge brown eyes that we never see as he sleeps like a cat. :)

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Right now we have a party colored (Multi colored) Pomeranian (she looks like a tiny miniature version of Lassie). May the 15th , 2010, she will be 15 years old. We have had her since she was about 6 weeks old. She weighs 7 pounds. We had a gray colored domestic cat that we brought back with us when we moved back from Virginia. The cat didn't do very well with the move. Totally changed her personality. The cat developed a nervous condition. I was the only one she would have anything to do with. It was really hard on me, but when she started to try to attack my children, the cat had to go. Kind of turned me off of cats. We have had several other dogs but, for whatever reason they are in other homes now. We had a male Pomeranian at one point because one of my relatives thought our pom was so cute so she went out and bought one, then she couldn't take care of it. So, I had it for about 5 years then she wanted him back. We tried the puppy route, but I didn't like that.

So we still just have the original Pomeranian female dog that we started out with.

And we recently got a hamster from the family across the street that is moving. I am scared to death of rodents, but I am giving this hamster a try. It was free. I figure that if it doesn't work out, I shouldn't have a problem finding a new home for him. All my kids friends seem crazy about the little guy.

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have 3 dogs, a water frog and 6 hermit crabs.
The hermit crabs are my daughters, they are super low maintence, and she loves having them.
The water frog is one of those really little (the size of my thumbnail) guys. He is in a 2 gallon tank in my living room. And I love to watch him dart around his tank at feeding time. He also let's me touch him when I'm cleaning his tank, he's cool.

Yep, that's the same kind of frog I had in my aquarium. They're very cute, especially when I'd drop a (thawed) cube of frozen bloodworms right near one. They'd get all stealthy and sneak up on it, then lunge and take such a big mouthful that they'd be pawing out the extra with their front feet. Ah, miss my aquarium.....