Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Exactly! In the 70's and 80's growing up, hs and college, NO ONE wore boxers where I lived. Only your old grandpa did. Then, incredibly, the 90's arrived and voilà: boxers. I suspect preppy kids maybe wore them already, but not the rest of the country. How we left briefs for boxers is a mystery I'll never be able to understand.

I don't know if this was an oddity of where I went to college, but there were a couple of years in the 80's when it became a fad to wear regular grandpa boxer shorts as shorts, males and females. If you were going to class, you probably wore something under them, but at parties, probably not. It was a crazy fun time.

Does anyone remember wet boxer short contests at bars during spring break?

Reactions: montagabends

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know if this was an oddity of where I went to college, but there were a couple of years in the 80's when it became a fad to wear regular grandpa boxer shorts as shorts, males and females. If you were going to class, you probably wore something under them, but at parties, probably not. It was a crazy fun time.

Does anyone remember wet boxer short contests at bars during spring break?
I do remember people, incl women, wearing men's boxers as outerwear. I guess it was supposed to be shocking.
I went to some summer programs in my 30's that were held on college campuses and lots of the guys did just like in college (tho not where I went to college) and hung out in their boxers. I had a pair for that very reason, tho I really wanted to hang out in my white briefs with them, but that would have been too weird... altho I can't really put my finger on why.

Reactions: tnm5555