Gross and Disgusting Foods

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mayonnaise is a food group! Slathered on cold turkey, in egg salad, with french fries--I love the stuff.

I'll eat (or at least try) just about anything. There are few foods I don't like. My grandparents were Swedish immigrants, so we grew up eating all sorts of seafood--pickled herring, sardines, gravlax, fried smelt, smoked trout. Lutfisk, however, is pointless even once a year (fish soaked in lye anyone?).

During peak season, I can easily polish off a dozen oysters on the half shell (enjoying them with another person can be seductive). The only sushi I don't care for is Uni (Sea Urchin entrails).

I recently tried sweetbreads. They were delicious.

Licorice is good. Black or red.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My partner is French Carib...we had a secret bet and the deal was that if I lost I would promise to eat escargot, as I am always taking the mickey out of certain french eating habits...(frogs legs, horse meat, escargot etc..).

I lost the bet and was forced to eat snails in a Parisian restaurant last year (thank god not frogs legs!). Once you get past the fact that they are slime emitting alien frilly blobs with proboscis....well, they grossed me out. I had to chew and show I was chewing..seriously I almost puked. They were kind of chewy and just tasted like chewy garlic butter with herbs.

I have eaten chocolate covered ants and grasshopper....never again.

Anything else though...oysters, squid, most seafoods really....delicious.

What I couldn't eat though...which I watched my mate john eat them, was sheep eyeballs when we went to the Sinai desert...man, that was really gross, I saw the retina dribble out of his mouth and down his beard...he was only trying to be polite, the guy had a lot of guts....and after the 'heaving' sounds I heard from behind the rock after he excused himself...a serious lack of guts!

A sous chef I knew also ate bulls testicles when she was in Turkey....she said they were delicious....could never really relate to her after that lol.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

For me it is more about texture, aroma, color or association . I tend not to like hot cereals (oatmeal, cream of wheat, cream of rice, etc). Nor do I like rice pudding, regular puddings(consistency), most cream soups or sauces(consistency), mushrooms (color flavor and consistency), almost any form of digestive organ ( stomach, tripe of beef) Though I have come to appreciate (chitterlings and maws with much doctoring) Hominy, barley, anything extremely bland and mushy. I do not like custard pies that are jiggly, egg custard, creme brulee, anything of that sort. meat that is supposed to be crisp and ends up floppy or soggy. Is that enough?

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
boxed macaroni and cheese, American cheese, and the new baby food ,chicken nuggets are all gross .
Ooh, I love chicken nuggets! I agree about not liking the boxed macaroni and cheese though.:eek::biggrin:

Also, I hate black licorice! Ever since I was little, people have offered it to me and I've said no thanks. Red licorice is okay, but I still don't eat much of it. I love pork rinds and hot sauce! And I hate yams. Insects are something that I'd never care to even taste! Although, I do love the Mexican lollipops with a worm in them, but I've never eaten one all the way to the worm!:biggrin:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All this talk of food is making me hungry. I'm gonna have me a big old plate of pig's feet and blackeyed pea's tonight and maybye some corn bread. Hey who you calling a cracker?:smile: :tongue: :wink:

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I draw the line at Spam.:eek:
Spam usually gives me a headache when I eat it! I still find it okay to eat, though. One way of eating it that is good is pan-fried and served with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise in a freshly made tortilla! I get cravings for it like that sometimes. Otherwise, I don't really eat it all that much.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Someone mentioned mayonnaise with black eye peas. ...Mayonnaise with red beans and rice here (I'll put it directly in the red beans or on bread). A favorite local brand is Blue Plate which is slightly more yellow, smoother, and has a richer flavor than the relatively tasteless Hellmans and Miracle Whip (the latter which, down here in N'Awlins, isn't even considered mayonnaise).

I've been known to put ketchup (or is it catsup) on ham and cheese sandwiches (considered sacrilege by some).

Our crawfish (crayfish?? what's a crayfish??) were considered "bugs" by much of the country until fairly recently. Our soft shell crab po-boys (similar to a hoagie I guess) are to die for (you eat 'em shell and all) and the fried frog legs aren't bad either.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
About 15% of my weekly diet is made up of chicken fingers! I love them to pieces.
Yes, how can one not like chicken nuggets?!! I mean, they may not be haute cuisine or 'grown-up food', but they still taste good!:biggrin:

Also, am I the only one of the mayonnaise lovers here that likes Best Foods brand mayonnaise?:biggrin:

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Also, am I the only one of the mayonnaise lovers here that likes Best Foods brand mayonnaise?:biggrin:

On the eastern side of the Mississippi River, it's known as Hellmann's, but it's the same stuff. I grew up with it, but I still prefer Duke's. From what I'm told, Blue Plate is very similar in taste to Duke's.

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Rum
Bananas
Canned Salmon
Cottage Cheese (the foulest food on earth)

Interesting things I've eaten:
Fried Turkey Testicles (in Israel)
Octopus cooked all day in oil (In Spain)
3 Snake Soup (In China)
Pangolin (In China)

My bravest food moment:
I tried fruitcake once.

rubberwilli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No to:
  • Yogurt
  • Tapioca
  • Lima beans
  • Brussel sprouts
  • Cooked cabbage
  • Mayo cole slaw
  • Sauerkraut
  • Sardines
  • Whipped cream
  • Fish staring back at me from the plate...ick
  • No catfish
  • Haggis (never had it and don't care to)
  • Cream of broccoli soup
  • Chicken feet (dim sum)
Yes to
  • Cottage cheese and applesauce (combo)
  • Fresh cabbage
  • Vinager slaw
  • Sushi (but i'll skip the eel thank you)
  • Any thing tartar i guess
  • Tuna, Swordfish, Mahi mahi

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
But mayonnaise has so many uses...
Not only is it a condiment, it can be used in cakes in lieu of eggs and oil, it can be a deep hair conitioner, it is an indgredient in dips, it binds things together in chicken, tuna, or shrimp salad, etc.

It's a miracle food! LOL