Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm 19 and I have no problem showering, changing, weighing in, using the steam or sauna, or just fiddling with my bag/locker/taking my time completely naked. But, I do notice that a lot of the other younger guys prefer to keep shorts on or at the very least a towel at all times.

I wish it was the other way around, cause I'm tired of looking at 75+ year olds who should really cover up.

Mattness

Expert Member
Media
Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A properly maintained sauna or steam room should be hot enough to kill any organisms from one's "ass juice." Contracting MRSA from contact surfaces in the locker room or the workout room is a far greater concern than anything that may have come from another man's bum to the sauna bench, unless one eagerly licks up after his gym brother.

Interesting opinion...

Tanvir

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Me:wink:www, Mattness! And yes, I know it has nothing to do with the subject.....who fucking cares? Love that Mattness.

Tanvir

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The self-righteous nonsense "If someone's bothered by me being nude... tough!" is accompanied by protestations against anyone who deigns to be modest. Maybe if you stopped treating the locker room like a cruising spot, more males would be likely to uncover.

Again, I would make a distinction between modesty and vanity, and even homophobia. It's none of my business who wants to cover up and why, but let's at least call it what it really is. To use gays and pervy sorts lurking in the LR as an excuse to hide ourselves, when we're really just awkward about being naked (which is natural) is pretty shitty, I think. Really ball-less.

On the other hand, if you're one of these oversensitive fools stumbling around to change under a towel, I reserve the right to laugh at you. Who cares about your motives-it's :lol: funny!

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Let's be more tollerant of those who prefer to cover up. I don't cover up, and I'd find it awkward and inconvenient to do so, but we don't all have to be the same. And I certainly agree that the primary purpose of using the locker room should not be to check out other guys. If that is done at all, it should be done sufficiently discreetly so others would not be made uncomfortable.

Actually, I normally change at home, ride my bicycle to the gym, work out, ride home, then change again, which is more convenient for me. So, I normally don't even use the locker room here in Albuquerque. However, before I retired, I did use locker rooms.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Good job at pointing out the obvious. :rolleyes:

There are multiple reasons, and they are also quite obvious. It's not rocket science why younger people are more modest.

They have every legal right to act as such. I don't know why it bothers you so much. If you want to go nude, that's fine. If not, that's fine, too. The locker room is for changing and showering, not perving on others.

Quite right there, Vietballa. Changing rooms are for changing, not perving.

I'm certainly not suggesting that nudity should be mandatory. Everyone has the right to their privacy for whatever reason. I must agree with Tanvir though that it can be quite funny to see the fuss some guys make about getting changed and the lengths they go to to make sure that nobody sees anything. Most of the time, no-one's looking anyway. They're only attracting attention by dancing around on one leg trying to stop their towel sliding off while their boxers are caught round their ankle. Thing is, it's not to see their tackle, it's working out the odds of them actually managing to get their boxers on before they fall over and crack their skull.

Which is more embarrassing, someone seeing your butt for five seconds or being found unconscious and naked on the locker room floor with your boxers around your ankles?

I used to do the whole towel thing, but in the end, I thought, "No-one's looking anyway and even if they do, it makes no difference to me."

Barnylvr

Experimental Member
Media
They can start with the high school. College prof I see on occasion says he hardly ever see's anyone in the locker room showering. The boys in high school don't shower, they carry that over now into college....An beyond.

saabman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm 19 and I have no problem showering, changing, weighing in, using the steam or sauna, or just fiddling with my bag/locker/taking my time completely naked. But, I do notice that a lot of the other younger guys prefer to keep shorts on or at the very least a towel at all times.

I wish it was the other way around, cause I'm tired of looking at 75+ year olds who should really cover up.

Duuuuuuude, LOL!! I totally know what you mean! The hotties are all wrapped up in towels facing the corner fighting to put their boxers on while the fat old guys with their bush hairs that are longer than their dicks parade around naked.

milkyca

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Again, I would make a distinction between modesty and vanity, and even homophobia. It's none of my business who wants to cover up and why, but let's at least call it what it really is. To use gays and pervy sorts lurking in the LR as an excuse to hide ourselves, when we're really just awkward about being naked (which is natural) is pretty shitty, I think. Really ball-less.
!

Oh please.

There have already been several men who admit to openly staring at other men in the locker room. There have been many many other similar threads besides this one where the same issue has been raised, and in all of them, a significant number of men lament the modesty trend because it interferes with their ogling. Not wanting to be nude and stared at by some idiot who thinks the locker room is a meat market is not homophobic, it's simply a wish to not feel so much discomfort. I know you want to pin down the root cause to either a feeling of awkwardness, or failing that, homophobia because you don't want to admit there's the possibility that there's something seriously fucked with how people view the locker room, but it's the reality. See many major cities with a YMCA for starters.

saabman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Oh please.

There have already been several men who admit to openly staring at other men in the locker room. There have been many many other similar threads besides this one where the same issue has been raised, and in all of them, a significant number of men lament the modesty trend because it interferes with their ogling. Not wanting to be nude and stared at by some idiot who thinks the locker room is a meat market is not homophobic, it's simply a wish to not feel so much discomfort. I know you want to pin down the root cause to either a feeling of awkwardness, or failing that, homophobia because you don't want to admit there's the possibility that there's something seriously fucked with how people view the locker room, but it's the reality. See many major cities with a YMCA for starters.

Being nude in a men's locker room and expecting NOT to be looked at is like going to a water park and expecting NOT to get wet. It ain't gonna happen. Be a fu*king man: take your clothes off, take a shower, dry off, get dressed, and go the fu*k home - or - shower at home. The dudes that fight to try and keep their towel around their waist while putting on their boxers look ridiculous. And, as far as the "gay" argument - as I said in a different thread - I get checked out by more str8 dudes in the showers than fairy ones. It's another fact that people gotta live with.:cool:

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Duuuuuuude, LOL!! I totally know what you mean! The hotties are all wrapped up in towels facing the corner fighting to put their boxers on while the fat old guys with their bush hairs that are longer than their dicks parade around naked.

Get back to us when you're 75 and tell us how you feel about what you wrote.

saabman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Get back to us when you're 75 and tell us how you feel about what you wrote.

Ummm....u'll be dead. Just kidding...Seriously though, all I was saying was that the dudes with the awesome bodies cover up instead of being proud and showing them off.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Thing is, it's not to see their tackle, it's working out the odds of them actually managing to get their boxers on before they fall over and crack their skull.
That's it. Creating a spectacle as if their stuff is so special it's that difficult to hide. More than likely on the small end with this routine. Some people crave attention.