Is war inevitable between Iran and Israel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Since many were driven out with the founding of the state, I guess that
"the rights of all inhabitants already in the country" were not "preserved and protected." Israel was founded using violence, and so it continues to suffer violence in return.

The Balfour Declaration of 1917, confirmed by the League of Nations Mandate, commited the British Government to the principle that "His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a Jewish National Home, and will use their best endeavors to facilitate the achievement of this object... " It was specified both that this area be open to "close Jewish settlement" and that the rights of all inhabitants already in the country be preserved and protected.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Sorry Flash, I had to go to bed.

I think you need to do a bit more research into historical timelines.

Moses came from Egypt and never actually got further than Elam, Joshua invaded as you say and later still David and Saul established through conquest what you seem to think was always Jewish Land. Then every empire in the region took their turn in owning the land, Egyptians, Hittites, Assyrians, Babylonians etc. Ironically the Persians (Iran) restored the Jews to Zion and built the second temple. Finally the Romans threw the Jews out in 76 and 130 AD, some 600 years before the creation of Islam. So the Jews weren't in the area in any significant numbers for six hundred years before Islam and 1200 after. Those who were there constantly were the Philistines, read Palestinians. However to call Islam your oppressor is quite simply wrong.

There have been so many mass migrations of peoples and tribes in the last 3200 years that it would be completely ridiculous to wish to "repatriate" everyone.

What the visionary Herzl saw, was the growing anti Jewish behaviour in Europe because of the general growth of nationalism. He believed, and he was proved right, that Jewish people needed their own homeland. Herzl wasn't particularly bothered that it should be the ancient historic territory of Israel, he had a vision of a political Utopia through which the Jewish people would demonstrate how civilised people could live to the rest of the world. Sadly he died prematurely.

His successors in the Zionist movement closed in on Israel, though many orthodox Jews consider this a heresy as only God can lead the Jews back to Zion. Political events of the first half of the Twentieth Century led to the Balfour declaration and the Palestinian Mandate.

As Redboy correctly states, both of these agreements proscribed only certain territories to the Jewish settlers and protected the rights of the indignous people. Whether right or wrong, modern Israel has not kept to the terms of either of these agreements. This is why the area is in such shit today. Personally I think that the original leaders of modern Israel always had every intention of expanding their territory and expelling the Palestinians, however that isn't really relevant to the thread.

My simple point in response to the OP, is that he may sadly be correct, not because one branch of one country's government has the latest populist leader to soap box about the fate of the Palestinians, but because there is total intransigience amongst Israel supporters to accept that there is even a case to be answered in the Palestinian issue.

Of course the real issue has nothing to do with Israel, it's just part of this ongoing madness that is the struggle for the world's oil supply. Israel just gives the US a potential excuse.

You Flash, are warmongering which is perhaps as stupid as you could get given the existing situations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Your Islamophobia would get you banned if you said such things about Jewish people or Black people. But I guess AyRabs are undermensch and don't really count, eh?

lilbighorn

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My understanding is that a majority of the people in Iran are against war, and don't want any part of nuclear weapons. Of course, they don't have a way to really express their political will. Read up on this.

Isreal is like any other country to me, so is Iran. We get into a lot of trouble if we, as Americans, are "pro" some country. That does not mean that you can't be pro-Isreal if you are a Jew, or for that matter an atheist, or a whatever.

More than any other group, the whacko evangelicals worry me. They see this whole thing as the end of the world (Revelation), and the return of Christ. So, we'll just destroy that part of the world and all those people so Jesus can come back.... yep.

But, there's money in war, so we know how it will probably end....

Last edited:

Puntie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that Iran is still trying to test what amounts to a nuclear bomb triggering device. (BTW there is a terrific article by and Iranian about why its impossible to negotiate with Iran.)

Iran has been smart. If reports are true (and based on the WMD reports who knows) Iran has decentralized their bomb making facilities so that a one time surgical strike will not take out all Iran's atomic weapons abilities like Israel did to Iraq.

Israel cannot let Iran go nuclear, period. One small atom bomb and Israel is gone. If the mullahs or Ahdiemijad (sp?) got the bomb and found a way to deliver it to Tel Aviv, they would been seen as true Islamic heros to Islamic radicals world wide in ridding the Mid East of the Zionists. Israel will have to preemptively hit Iran in several spots to be sure of ridding that country of its nuclear ability. I am sure as we speak the Mossad has spies in Iran and the Israeli defense team is planning for the worst.

Barack Obama feels he can negotiate with Iran, but the article cited above tells why it is futile to negotiate with a revolutionary state, not a nation state. A nation state wants secure borders, access to resources and a safe place for its citizens. A revolutionary state wants to spread its ideas, all else be damned. Nazi Germany was a revolutionary state. Venezuela is a revolutionary state. Brazil for example is a nation state as is most of the world.

Negotiating is not in the interest of a rev state because that would mean their ideology would be curbed from spreading. Funny thing is, I have many Persian friends and they like the West and say that many in Iran are westernized. The Mullahs just have them by the throat. However when Israel drops the first bomb, you can bet they will get Islamic in a hurry.

All I can say to this is BULLSHIT!
Have you been to Iran before? Do you really know what its people are like or to do believe everything that you read in the papers and everything that Bush and his superiors say?
Do you not remember a few months back the CIA (?) report, that Bush tried to censor, that came out and said that Iran stopped trying to make nucleur weapons in 2003.
How and why America trusts Israel is beyond anyone with half a brain. It is a fact that Israel spy on the USA more than any other country in the world!
And as for the state of certain countries. What would you call the United States of America? Over here it is called a Facist state!

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is Funny, how, in this context, you can call me a racist, since the Jews do not constitute a separate "race" at all. Racially, if you want to do some classifying, they are Semites, and SO ARE THE ARABS...It's Funny, though, how the Jews have expropriated the term "anti-semitism".

Let's see, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Jewish diaspora began around 76 C.E.; between that time and the late 19th century is a long time to be claiming historic "rights" to a land as a people.

Why do so many people have such a hard time admitting that Israel is a goddamned bully?

Indeed the Diaspora began...but that does not change the fact that even since the beginning, there has in fact been an unbroken Jewish presence in the Land, which predates the arrival of the arabs.

There were 10s of thousands of Jews still living in the Holy Land, all the way up to the beginnings of the migrations at the end of the 19th century.

THAT is a historical fact. There has ALWAYS been a Jewish presence in the Holy Land since the diaspora. Doesn't MAtter "how long" the time is, if the Jewish presence is unbroken.

Oh and i didn't accuse you of anti-semitism. I accused you of racism. The fact that you believe that jews are somehow less deserving of having their own homeland then any other peoples, most notably, the Arabs, who have 24 Homelands. The "Pan-Arab Nation" was considered by many Arabs as one unbroken state.

Jews are indeed racially different, and that is a fact. There are different hereditary diseases attributable to Jews.

Besides, according to the Arabs, since we are sons of Pigs and Monkeys, we are hardly considered the same, now are we?

I don't accuse people of "anti-semitism". It is pretty easy to spot someone who doesn't like the Jews without having to resort to the petty label of "anti-semitism".

You seem to think it was okey dokey for the jews to be driven out, because it was long ago...but not okay for some squatters to be driven out.

Besides...not all the Arabs were in fact driven out or left of their own accord.

Lest you forget, there are over 1 million Arabs who live in Israel proper, who are the descendants of the Arabs who lived in what is now Israel proper.

It is also worth noting, that those same Arabs havve more rights then any single other Arab anywhere else in the Arab world.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The UN mandate was simply wrong. Like I said before, the creation of Israel was a vestige of British colonialism.

And from what I've been told, Jews were generally treated well in Arab lands, UNTIL the efforts to create a separate Jewish state. Beforehand, Jews and Arabs coexisted peacefully. Here you may dispute me, if there are credible sources to the contrary.

Those current Palestinians have never lived in the state of Israel, because the state of Israel, without nit-picking about actual time frames, did not exist when the Palestinians were in that territory.

Laughable. Do some research. It has been 60 years since the "catastrophe". 700,000 Palestinians fled from Jewish areas, that were not yet ISrael. Yet there are over 4 million Palestinian refugees. over 80% of palestinian "refugees" have NEVER lived in any Jewish state, or pre-Jewish state.

They were there before the state and were displaced to create the state. And an increasing presence of Arabs in that territory from 1900 to 1947 carries more weight and is a stronger claim than one that is 19 centuries old, even though some Jews lived in the greater region the entire time.

You said it all right there...why exactly did the Arabs suddenly migrate to the land, huh? When they had ignored it for hundreds of years? Because the JEWS who had lived there or emigrated began to build and cultivate the area. Suddenly, there was expansion and a growing economy. MOST arabs there were peasant and migrant workers, and that is a fact, come from other states into the land. They were hardly "Palestinians"...they were plain old Arabs, from Egypt, and other Arab countries.

I am not arguing against Jews living in Palestine AT ALL. What I am saying is that they do not have a right as a people to a sovereign state based on ancient religious or historical claims.

NO they have the right because they created a sovereign state with land that was given to them expressly for that purpose by the UN PArtition Plan, based on historical and present day fact.

1. Oh really, from what you were told the Jews were generally well treated in Arab lands UNTILL the efforts to create the new state? Well maybe you should rely LESS on what you are told from ignorant people, and read about the TRUE facts, which I already posted in this thread...then tell me about being well treated...all these (and these are just a FEW of the instances of being "well treated" by Arabs) occurred far in advance of any creation of a Jewish state or the plans to do so...

http://www.lpsg.org/89845-war-inevitable-between-iran-israel-8.html#post1518813

so tell me another falsehood...or have the guts to admit what you were told is totally wrong, and do some research on that particular topic.

2. I see...so it was not okay for British Colonialism to fairly partition the entire British Mandated land, 75% for Palestinian Arabs,(Jordan) 25% for Palestinian Jews (Israel)? Then to further partition it to 87.5% Palestinian (adding the West Bank plus more of Israel to the Arab part) Arab, 12.5% Jew? (Which was still not good enough for the Arabs, who rejected it since they wanted ALL the land)

Maybe you just objected to who was doing the colonizing eh? What was more fair then an 87.5% - 12.% partition? Huh? Maybe the Roman Colonialism, or the Ottoman colonialism, where they just took over and killed everyone.

It was not okay for the British to divide it, even totally unfairly in favor of the Arabs...see map

This was the original, 75-25 partition.

http://middleeastfacts.com/maps/British_Mandate_Palestine_1920.gif

Looks pretty fair, does it not? The Arabs have 75% of the mandate. That was not acceptable to them

"Palestine" was supposed to be the Jewish Homeland, Transjordan, what is now Jordan, was supposed to be for Arabs only...Transjordan was closed to any Jewish settlement...only Palestine was for the Jews

http://emperors-clothes.com/gilwhite/mandate2.gif

That was not good enough for the Arabs.

So it was partitioned further.

This was the UN Partition for Palestine...Leaving the Arabs with ALL of Transjordan, and then giving them nearly HALF of Palestine.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/UN_Partition_Plan_For_Palestine_1947.png

So the Jews got a small three slivered state. Half of the Jews "land" was the NEgev desert. How generous.

The Jews agreed to the UN PArtition Plan, accepting 12.5% of the Land of the entire British Mandate to form their own micro-state.

The Zionist leadership accepted the partition plan as "the indispensable minimum,"

That was STILL not good enough for the Arabs. They rejected th plan outright

The jews were so "well treated", that even .03% of the entire "Arab" lands in the Middle East was just too much to have Jews in, even though Jews had lived there for thousands of years.

Azzam Pasha, the Arab League Secretary, declared on Cairo radio: 'This will be a war of extermination and a momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Mongolian massacres and the Crusades.

THAT is when the Arab Liberation Army Regiments marched in.

After the Haganah, Irgun, and Palmach kicked the living shit out of the Arab Liberation Army, 250,000 Palestinians either left or were expelled, joing the first wave of 100,000 Palestinians who were the wealthy ones who had left immediately for other countries.

When Israel declared independence on May 14 1948, the next day several Arab Armies attacked a state that was one day old.

It is amusing, that you think that people who either left, fled, or were expelled, i.e. the Palestinians, are totally justified in trying to take over the land, but that the Jews, who either left, fled or were expelled from their homeland, were not totally justified in taking it over.

In fact, they had accepted a peaceful plan...thankfully, the greed and hatred of the Arab nations forced the 1948 war, which Israel won handily, thus giving them the state of Israel.

It is ironic, however, that you do not mention, that around the same time ISrael was declaring its independence, Egypt went in and occupied Gaza, and Jordan occupied the West Bank.

But I guess those occupations were okay...since they were Arabs and all.

The fact is, the arabs left, fled or were expelled from the JEWISH parts of the Mandate west of the Jordan River. Those that stayed, in the Jewish part, are the ISraeli Arabs of today, who number over a million and live in Israel proper to this very day, and have government representatives in the Knesset.

The Jews expelled nobody from the West Bank or Gaza..why? HMMMMMMM I guess it was because Jordan and Egypt OCCUPIED the West Bank and Gaza. So i guess that was okay since it was Arab nations occupying land that was not theirs.

The fact is that after the 1967 War, the Israelis could have expelled ALL the remaining Arabs from the now controlled West Bank and Gaza, ending the problem forever...however they did not do that. For some reason MOshe Dayan thought it would be better for them to stay...god knows why.

The fact is that the Jews came back to reclaim their land. There were already Jews there, and there were Arabs there. The Zionists came to reclaim land that had in fact been the Jewish homeland that was taken from them. Sorry if the Arabs don't like it. The Arabs rode around conquering everything in their path all the way into Europe for hundreds of years...and you have the gall when the Jews came back to take their one small slice of land? Spare me your whining. Nobody gives you anything in this world, certainly not pre-World War 2.

I also find it hysterically amusing, that you don't point out that Kuwait and Saudi Arabia expelled 300,000 Palestinians in 1991-1992, because they were so angry at them for supporting Saddam Hussein.

You rarely hear pro-arab, anti-Israel supporters talk about that expulsion of Palestinians...

hmmmmmm....I wonder why.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Since many were driven out with the founding of the state, I guess that
"the rights of all inhabitants already in the country" were not "preserved and protected." Israel was founded using violence, and so it continues to suffer violence in return.

That's funny...the arabs would not affect any peaceful agreement, and now are complaining about the rights that were taken from them, which would have been guaranteed to them...if they had agreed to live in peace by accepting the UN PArtition Plan.

They blew it.

As for ISrael being "founded using violence", kindly point out to me other countries that were not founded using violence, pinhead...yet those coutnries do not seem to still "suffer violence"

Also, Israel's founding used no violence against Iran...why should it suffer violence from a nation of Persians, who had nothing to do with Palestine? Who are Shia, not Sunni. Answer that one.

That is the way countries have always been founded and expanded. That is the way the Arabs did it as well.

You are just angry because the jews were just as successful at doing it. Difference is, they didn't do it to take over the entire world. they wanted their homeland, and that was all...as shown by the return of the Sinai to Egypt.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay, you got me. Israel is not a bully. It is a state unjustly and violently founded and maintained.

What nation state was not "unjustly and violently founded and maintained" ?

Certainly not the Arab ones. Certainly not European ones, Certainly not Asianm ones.

Care to go back in history and talk about the violent foundings of Nation States?

it is funny you are not this upset over Muslims behaving like barbarians in the Sudan...but I guess since it is not Jews doing it, that does not appear on your radar.

typical.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry Flash, I had to go to bed.

I think you need to do a bit more research into historical timelines.

Moses came from Egypt and never actually got further than Elam, Joshua invaded as you say and later still David and Saul established through conquest what you seem to think was always Jewish Land. Then every empire in the region took their turn in owning the land, Egyptians, Hittites, Assyrians, Babylonians etc. Ironically the Persians (Iran) restored the Jews to Zion and built the second temple. Finally the Romans threw the Jews out in 76 and 130 AD, some 600 years before the creation of Islam. So the Jews weren't in the area in any significant numbers for six hundred years before Islam and 1200 after.

You just said it all. "The Jews weren't in the area in any significant numbers"

They were in fact there. You know absolutely nothing. What is "significant"? There were in the 1750s nearly 20,000 Jews in Jerusalem alone.

Fredrick Hasselquist, Stockholm, 1757, written in Swedish. This book was considered so important that it was speedily translated into English and published in London under the title Voyages and Travels in the Levant.

His teacher sent him in 1749 to the Holy Land and neighboring countries, and he stayed until 1752, studying native flowers and plants. His report was published on orders of Her Majesty the Queen in Stockholm in 1757.
Most important to us today is his description of his visit to Jerusalem and its Jewish population: "Jerusalem has among its inhabitants 20,000 Jews. In the Jewish Quarter, Jewish women go around without veils, which Turkish (Arab) women are not permitted to do. Most of the Jews are poor, as they are not permitted to conduct commerce, which would be their natural occupation. They have no income other than what pilgrims of their own nation -- coming to Jerusalem from all corners of the earth -- distribute in aims. Their leading rabbi has handsome revenues of which he must pay the Turks the major part, as must the Christians, in taxes heavily imposed on them for the right to kiss their holy sites."

Those who were there constantly were the Philistines, read Palestinians. However to call Islam your oppressor is quite simply wrong.

You are laughable...the Philistines were not Arabs, you moron. The Philistines were a sea-faring pirate nation that settled there after having originated in Greece...and they settled on the Southern Coast of the Holy Land, never in Samaria (Northern West Bank. )

You are a joke...the Philistines were at constant war with the Hebrews, but by 600 B.C. their culture had disappeared completely. They were not, and never were Arabs, or "Palestinians"

Maybe you should read some history instead of lecturing others.

Philistines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You have affirmed your own stupidity and ignorance about history. Palestinian ARABS are ARABS, not Greeks or Myceneans.

There have been so many mass migrations of peoples and tribes in the last 3200 years that it would be completely ridiculous to wish to "repatriate" everyone.

Funny, then, that people like yourself seek to repatriate 4 million of them to ISrael/Palestine if it is so completely ridiculous.

I suppose you never heard of "population transfers"? It has gone on in the tens of millions over history. It is necessary to solve problems when some people simply cannot get along.

What the visionary Herzl saw, was the growing anti Jewish behaviour in Europe because of the general growth of nationalism. He believed, and he was proved right, that Jewish people needed their own homeland. Herzl wasn't particularly bothered that it should be the ancient historic territory of Israel, he had a vision of a political Utopia through which the Jewish people would demonstrate how civilised people could live to the rest of the world. Sadly he died prematurely.

His successors in the Zionist movement closed in on Israel, though many orthodox Jews consider this a heresy as only God can lead the Jews back to Zion. Political events of the first half of the Twentieth Century led to the Balfour declaration and the Palestinian Mandate.

And? i have read Herzl. I do not need a lecture about the Zionist movement.

As Redboy correctly states, both of these agreements proscribed only certain territories to the Jewish settlers and protected the rights of the indignous people.

Redboy does not correctly state it, nor do you. The Arabs never agreed to these, while the Jews did. The Jews agreed to their small 56% of the land west of the Jordan river, 50% of which was desert. The Arabs did not accept, and declared war after ISrael declard independence. As such, the Arabs had no "rights" under these "agreements" since they did not agree to them.

They should have agreed.

Whether right or wrong, modern Israel has not kept to the terms of either of these agreements.

Funny...because there was never an agreement. the Arabs rejected them. Which means you, are in fact, wrong. If an agreement is not signed, or is rejected, then those agreements do not, in fact have any validity.

This is why the area is in such shit today. Personally I think that the original leaders of modern Israel always had every intention of expanding their territory and expelling the Palestinians, however that isn't really relevant to the thread.

That is why you are a fool. Post 1967 war, the Jews could have expelled the remaining Arab in the just conquered West Bank. Ben Gurion chose not to expel all the Arabs in 1948 either. Thus, there are ISraeli- Arabs today, and Arabs in the West Bank.

My simple point in response to the OP, is that he may sadly be correct, not because one branch of one country's government has the latest populist leader to soap box about the fate of the Palestinians, but because there is total intransigience amongst Israel supporters to accept that there is even a case to be answered in the Palestinian issue.

Sorry, when islamofascist regimes, with a history of repressing and massacring the Jews begin lecturing and threaten others, you will forgie the rest of us for displaying "intransigience" as so politely call it. The fact is that the Palestinians are once again slitting their own throats.

This will end in one of two ways. Either the Palestinians grow up and accept a two state solution, with a stable, secular government (which they have no capability of doing) that focuses on itself and its future and not destruction of ISrael, or, with theeventual transfer of the Palestinians working in concert with a massive economic resettlement plan.

No other way. The PAlestinian refugees, the majority of which have never lived anywhere within the West Bank or Israel will not be allowed to return to inside ISraeli borders. Never will happen. No nation will commit suicide.

Of course the real issue has nothing to do with Israel, it's just part of this ongoing madness that is the struggle for the world's oil supply. Israel just gives the US a potential excuse.

I see...that may be the issue between the US and Iran, but i assure you, oil is not, in fact, the issue between Iran and ISrael, which is the topic of the thread, not U.S. energy concerns.

You Flash, are warmongering which is perhaps as stupid as you could get given the existing situations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Your Islamophobia would get you banned if you said such things about Jewish people or Black people. But I guess AyRabs are undermensch and don't really count, eh?

I see...where am i, Drifterwood, Warmongering? I have stated repeatedly, if Iran accedes to the sanctions and demands of the world...not just the U.S. the WORLD, then war is avoidable. If they do not, then i am sorry, but the likelihood is war...it is Iran's choice...not mine.

so don't call me a warmongerer.

If i truly was a warmongerer, I would have hit them already, along with Syria.

So keep your stupid presumptions and errors to yourself.

I see...so now, you accuse me of Islamophobia? Well, guess what, you are right, I am very afraid of radical Islam. Not peaceful Muslims, Radical Islam, which is very much a fact of life...sorry if you can't accept that. Yes, indeed, I hate Islamofascists...same as i hate Nazis and Stalinists. I hardly put black people and jews in the same category as Islamofascists...but it was nice of you to try and make that up about me, in a desperate hail mary to keep justifying your dislike of Israel.

I will not apologzie for hating evil fascists, and that is hardly something i am alone in. Please point out to me, how Islamofascism, is comparable to jews and blacks? Hating innocent people and hating Fascist religious lunatics are quite different...but don't let that stop you in your attempts to villify me, since you have been so ridiculous in this discussion, what with your "Phillistine" errors and all.

As for your insults, i am sorry, but you're now the first one to introduce hateful racist language into the discussion.
"But I guess AyRabs..."

Kindly point out where i said "ayrabs" or "undermensch" don't really count?

Sort of sad you had to resort to that...to defend my extremely legitimate critique of the Arab World as based on the factual reports of the UN ARab Development reports.

It must be so annoying to have to look at the facts like that.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^Best post in ages.

Great one, Drifter.

I hope you think it's great when the Islamofascists burn down Copenhagen.

There is a very subtle difference between being a Muslim and being an Islamofascist.

I would think that someone who lived in Denmark figured that out pretty quickly a couple years back.

Last I checked...The Iranian government allowed Iranian lunatics to attack the Danish embassy in tehran. threatened to cut trade ties with Denmark..and of course, burning Danish flags and chanting "Death to Denmark" across the Muslim world should give you an inkling of what it is like to be Jewish.

It must be nice to have a significant and psychotic cross-section/percentage of an entire culture tell you what a newspaper can and cannot print in your own country, and then threaten to behead you for it.

Islamofascists would have you killed for posting those sexually explicit pics of yourself in your bio. That is a fact.

Best of luck.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Flash, you keep calling people stupid when you haven't been able to understand what they are saying. One simple example. The Philistines weren't wiped out in 600BC, they appear in the new testament and they remained after the diasporas and were absorbed into the Arab world. Ironically they arrived in that part of the world at about the same time as the Jews, and they have been there as their homeland uninterrupted ever since.

It hasn't been the Jewish homeland for two thirds of Jewish history, yet you overlook rights of Palestinians. The UN wanted to give both peoples land, yet Israel has taken most of it and run roughshod over the rights of the other party. This is the issue. You can rant all you like about how much you hate Islamic culture and misquote and misrepresent it, but that isn't the core of the problem. Whilst Israel occupies lands illegally and the US supports them, there will always be conflict. Don't try to blame this simple fact on the victims.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Islamo-fascist? How can one be a fascist if you are not Italian? I am disturbed by the usage of the term fascism.

If one wants to throw that term around, it could be applied to both Jews and Muslims.

Columbia University Professor Robert O. Paxton has defined Fascism as thus:

"A sense of overwhelming crisis beyond reach of traditional solutions, a belief one’s group is the victim, justifying any action without legal or moral limits and a right of the chosen people to dominate others without legal or moral restraint."

Sounds like the Muslims and Jews have more in common than they think...

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Flash, you keep calling people stupid when you haven't been able to understand what they are saying. One simple example. The Philistines weren't wiped out in 600BC, they appear in the new testament and they remained after the diasporas and were absorbed into the Arab world.

I did not say they were "wiped out"...you are stupid if you choose to put words in my mouth, as you have now done several times, saying i hate "Ay-rabs" and consider them "undermensch", and now that the Philistines were wiped out. It is sad that you have to lie to try and justify your continued POV.

This is what I said "
the Philistines were at constant war with the Hebrews, but by 600 B.C. their culture had disappeared completely. They were not, and never were Arabs, or "Palestinians""

"The crossing and recrossing of Philistines territory by the armies of Egypt and Asia finally destroyed the Philistines as a separate nation and people; so that when Cambyses the Persian crossed their former territory about 525, he described it as belonging to an Arabian ruler...
Their disappearance as a nation from history occurred about the time of the conquest of Cyrus.."

So sorry for being off about 50 years.

"After the 10th century, the Philistines borrowed their Israelite neighbors’ Old Hebrew script and alphabet then evolving from Phoenician writing."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/13/science/13phil.html

"The Philistines lost their independence to Tiglath-Pileser III of Assyria by 732 BC, and revolts in following years were all crushed. Later, Nebuchadrezzar II of Babylon eventually conquered all of Syria and the Kingdom of Judah, and the former Philistine cities became part of the Neo-Babylonian Empire. All traces of the Philistines as a people or ethnic group disappered"

The culture disappeared...they did not just "become" Arabs. Even if that was the case, there land encompassed only the small plain in Gaza and just north up the coastal plain encompassing modern Ashkelon and Ashdod. That is hardly the same as being in JErusalem, Samaria, or Judea.

The Jews were Semitic peoples. the Phillistines were absolutely not. When they tried to move inland from the coasst, they cam into direct conflict with the ISraelites, who were settled there.

If in fact they "became Arabs", then in fact, Arabs in the region have the history of the Phillistines, who arrived from ELSEWHERE, to conquer.

That hardly gives them more claim to the land then the Jews who conquered, now does it?

I thought you were against conquest? It isn't fair, is it? It's not nice.

Ironically they arrived in that part of the world at about the same time as the Jews, and they have been there as their homeland uninterrupted ever since.

On the contrary. There is no proof whatsoever, that the Arabs have any "Phillistine" blood, since the Phillistine culture dissappeared and in fact may have been "absorbed" into any number of cultures which ruled the area around that time period, i.e. the Assyrians, The Babylonians, the Romans, the Greeks and the Byzantines even among the ISraelites. Sorry. "Palestinian Arabs" have no claim on the legacy of the Phillistines. Though Yasir Arafat would have you believe that. We all know how honest he was.

It hasn't been the Jewish homeland for two thirds of Jewish history, yet you overlook rights of Palestinians.

It wasn't the Palestinians homeland either. It was held by Ottoman Turks for hundreds of years...they didn't care about the rights of the Palestinians. They did not establish a state.

And btw, Jews are Palestinians too, and the Name "Palestinians" never referred to a people, merely, the inhabitants of the Land of Palestine, so named by the Romans to humiliate the Jews.

The UN wanted to give both peoples land, yet Israel has taken most of it and run roughshod over the rights of the other party. This is the issue.

THIS IS WHERE YOU ARE PRECISELY WRONG. you cannot even acknowledge it, no matter how many times it has been put in your face. THE UN DID OFFER BOTH PEOPLE LAND. THE JEWS ACCEPTED THE UN PARTITION PLAN. THE ARABS CHOSE NOT TO. THE JEWS SET ABOUT BUILDING THEIR STATE AND ESTABLISHED INDEPENDENCE BASED ON THIS MAP, THE UN PARTITION...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7f/UN_Partition_Plan_Palestine.png

THE JEWS ACCEPTED IT, even though half their land was the DESERT. THE ARABS, REJECTED IT OUTRIGHT.

THAT IS A HISTORICAL FACT...GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD. THE DAY AFTER ISRAEL DECLARED INDEPENDENCE ON THOSE THREE LITTLE SLIVERS OF LAND, THE ARAB WORLD ATTACKED. THE EGYPTIANS OCCUPIED GAZA, ("ARAB TERRITORY") THE jORDANIANS OCCUPIED THE WEST BANK ("ARAB TERRITORY) SO GET OVER IT. THE JEWS TOOK THEIR LAND UNDER THE ORIGINAL PLAN, AND CONNECTED THEM IN THE NORTH AND ON THE COASTAL PLAIN. THE ARAB LANDS, MEANT FOR THE ARABS, WERE TAKEN OVER AND OCCUPIED BY EGYPT AND JORDAN...SO GO BITCH TO THEM. THE EGYPTIANS AND JORDANIANS OCCUPIED THOSE LANDS FOR 18 YEARS UNTIL THE 1967 SIX-DAY WAR. THAT IS A FACT. THE ARAB COUNTRIES TOOK THE PRECIOUS ARAB LANDS, AND DID NOT GIVE THE ARAB RESIDENTS A STATE. THE ARABS SIMPLY LIVED UNDER JORDANIAN AND EGYPTIAN RULE, AND THAT IS A HISTORICAL FACT.

LOOK AT A MAP...THE JORDANIANS TOOK THE WEST BANK AND THE EGYPTIANS TOOK GAZA.

http://www.defensibleborders.org/images/map2.jpg

You can rant all you like about how much you hate Islamic culture and misquote and misrepresent it, but that isn't the core of the problem.

you can lie all you want and misrepresent what i have said...your recurring tactic since you cannot handle the facts even when they are handed to you in maps and statements by Arab leaders and historical fact. I hate Islamofascism, not peaceful Muslims. I hate the Arab' world's backwards and abject failure, not arabs.

it is a familiar tactic among Islamic apologists these days to shout "Islamophobia"...when people point out the danger of RADICAL Islam. Since you have no defense for it, you extrapolate that as an attack on Islam as a whole.

Whilst Israel occupies lands illegally and the US supports them, there will always be conflict. Don't try to blame this simple fact on the victims.

Ah yes...the victims. Firstly, the lands are disputed, not occupied, under the law of the UN. You have your interpretations of UN "law", and ISrael hs its interpretations of UN "law".

"The most famous example is UN Security Council Resolution 242 (UNSCR 242) -- the "land for peace" resolution passed after the Six Day War. Palestinian Arab advocates consistently maintain that Israel has to pull out of the West Bank based on 242, but UNSCR 242 doesn't say that. UNSCR 242 actually calls for a dual requirement, Israeli withdrawal coupled with:

• "Termination of all claims or states of belligerency and respect for and acknowledgement of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force;"
Since there are no "secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force", Israel is under no obligation to withdraw. UNSCR 242 is a Chapter VI resolution calling for a negotiated settlement, not immediate action by Israel alone."

---

It is funny, that nations who do not follow UN laws or human rights conventions like all those countries who routinely condemn Israel in a pan-islamic voting bloc of 54 countries, seem to have such a problem with israel's "illegalities" yet have absolutely no problem committing illegalities themselves in the international arena of human rights.

what is that called when a robber accuses another robber of being a robber? Ah yes...irony.

when you begin to complain as much about the horrific human rights violations and oppression of countries who routinely condemn and attack ISrael, like Iran, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, and loads of other wonderful countries, then I will be more apt to listen to you...

until then, you are the one doing the ranting.
'

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know there are other reason's for war but, as long as there is religion there will be war.
so true...on a large scale, religion probably causes more harm than good nowadays. it will cause the destruction of humanity as soon as technology becomes more available worldwide
No, as long as religion and politics fuse, we will have war. It is the State, and the undying silence of most of its people (their apathy), that have taken countries to war, not the Church.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, as long as religion and politics fuse, we will have war. It is the State, and the undying silence of most of its people (their apathy), that have taken countries to war, not the Church.

I agree...and this is my problem with ISlamism. When Islamism in its strictest sense is implemented as more than religion but also a political movement.

Right wingers have no business in our government here, and Sharia Islamic law has no business in governing a place like Iran.

Until Islamism is either removed or moderated from the political systems of the Islamic world, there will be a conflict between it and the west.

There is absolutely no grounds for Sharia Law to apply to a country. Human beings have a right to a non-religious political institution.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is what I think.

1. You can't trust the government - neither here, nor Israel, nor Iran.
2. The governments of the world are entirely too caught up in every other government's business.
3. People want to take the Jews out of Israel because the land was given to them. If the Jews just moved there, then the Jews would simply be there, but because it was given to them, it is viewed by many that Judaism supersedes all other religions because it is the holy land.
4. You can't trust the media. The media used to be a watch-dog of the government, now it is just a lap puppy that refuses to bite the master's hand.
5. What should we do about Iran. I don't think the vast majority of Iranians hate America or wish to take Israel off the map. However, the current leaders in Iran do.
6. If someone is so sure and bold about their mission (to wipe Israel off the map), then what is going there to talk to them really going to do like Obama wants to do? Sorry, I just think that by doing this Obama is setting himself up for failure in his own little Utopia. And no... I hate McCain just as much...
7. Speaking of being nuclear. We are complaining about if Iran is nuclear or not. Maybe they are, maybe they are not. However, why are we not complaining about Israel being an undeclared nuclear state? Israel is not a member of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and refuses to officially confirm or deny having a nuclear arsenal, or having developed nuclear weapons, or even having a nuclear weapons program. Why is it OK for Israel to have undeclared nuclear weapons (intelligence says ~200) and not Iran? Favoritism? I think so...

I don't know how to solve it. I am largely a pacifist - I even got kicked out of the Army 2 years early because I am a pacifist (I'm a conscientious-objector). Needless to say, I don't believe in war on a broad level or a personal level. However, I don't think that this is a game we can just drop the ball on. What is that right answer? I don't know. All I know is that everyone is way too involved in everyone's business. Why the hell are we pro-Israel? Why can't we just be pro-human? We, today, are so into demonizing one group over another. That business is in full swing today.

In some sick, sadistic sense I hope that Israel or Iran does go to war. I hope we blow all of ourselves off the face of the planet. That way, we can prove who is right. When we are all dying of shrapnel or radiation fallout, we can all point the finger and say that the other was wrong. And maybe, if anyone survives, they will learn that we shouldn't give all the power to our governments. Because, after all, it is the governments who take us to war.

When was the last time you felt like you were in control of your government?

With that said, I leave you with this... as many have probably seen before (emphasis mine).
"Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering, 3rd ranking Nazi in WWII.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree...and this is my problem with ISlamism. When Islamism in its strictest sense is implemented as more than religion but also a political movement.

Right wingers have no business in our government here, and Sharia Islamic law has no business in governing a place like Iran.

Until Islamism is either removed or moderated from the political systems of the Islamic world, there will be a conflict between it and the west.

There is absolutely no grounds for Sharia Law to apply to a country. Human beings have a right to a non-religious political institution.
I think that if a group of people, the vast majority, want Sharia Law, it should be allowed. Likewise, if the vast majority of American's want a law derived from the Bible, then it should be allowed. However, I don't think we have enough supporters of a Christian America or a Sharia Iran to dictate that kind of law system...

Oh, and I'll go ahead and put on my flame suit for my last post...

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think that if a group of people, the vast majority, want Sharia Law, it should be allowed. Likewise, if the vast majority of American's want a law derived from the Bible, then it should be allowed. However, I don't think we have enough supporters of a Christian America or a Sharia Iran to dictate that kind of law system...

Oh, and I'll go ahead and put on my flame suit for my last post...

but that is the big difference.

1. our constitution provides for the separation of church and state (thankfully)

2. The Iranian Constitution fully implements Sharia Law...that law system is in effect in Iran. It is not a maybe...it is a fact. Sharia Law, is, in fact the law of Iran.

Saudi Arabia fully implements Sharia law as well (they claim)

Status
Not open for further replies.