Is working out worth it?

BlackCock85

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I I love this thread, so I used to go to the gym everyday for about 2hrs. It was great, I gained muscle and also gained weight that I didn't want to, that was my own fault for not properly eating while working out. So I haven't worked out in about a year now and I've lost the mass that I had and actually like my new smaller figure....BUT! I want to get back to the gym soooo bad, so I can get nice and lean and fit. My problem is the gyms around here are really expensive and I just can't afford it. Yes I know I could workout at home but I feel so much more motivated and get a better work out at the gym, so hopefully soon I'll have a new job and be able to afford the $70/month it would cost to join the local gym. Going to the gym and working out has always been such a fun time for me, makes me feel good and also I need to work out so that my body can get in better shape so I can finally find that cute boy I've been looking for since I haven't gotten any luck in the love department.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I joined a gym at the beginning of October and I'm on the verge of quitting. I am so sick of it. I only went once this past week. The first 3 weeks I was fine, loved it. I went faithfully three times a week. But as the weeks wore on I got sicker and sicker of it. I don't need to lose weight. I just want to be in shape, and the exercise has helped with my aches and pains, and I feel more limber and toned. I'm just really sick of it. :frown1: Not sure if I'll make it until summer.

I can understand that. It is a lot like another chore. It gets old quickly.
There aren't many things that are more boring than working out at a gym.

I walk at a local park for exercise. I enjoy that because I get to be outside, and see the river, scenery, and wildlife. I don't find it boring like working out inside a building. There's a really steep trail up a tall hill there too.
It climbs 200+ feet above the river in about half a mile. Can't get in too many walks during bad weather, though.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
I aspire and can only hope to be like you at 51

I agree abut blood work. It sound like you're doing fine. I'm still trying for that 600lb bench. I'm going to give it one last shot this year. The closest i'v ecome is 580. I'm 6' 230, deadlift between 650 and 700 depending n the situation. I do some outdoor meets out west. Lifting outdooors is a whole diferent story. When it's time I'm more than willing to do some HGH and Test. I've busted my ass to get where I'm at. I deserve to keep it for a whle.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just believe that HGH benefits more than just muscles. Jose canseco speaks of it in his book. He still looks young. It replaces vital hormones or what have you that are lost with age, probably even keeps your skin and bones young.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree abut blood work. It sound like you're doing fine. I'm still trying for that 600lb bench. I'm going to give it one last shot this year. The closest i'v ecome is 580. I'm 6' 230, deadlift between 650 and 700 depending n the situation. I do some outdoor meets out west. Lifting outdooors is a whole diferent story. When it's time I'm more than willing to do some HGH and Test. I've busted my ass to get where I'm at. I deserve to keep it for a whle.

If you have access to an open minded MD, get a complete baseline bloodwork. I can make suggestions of what tests to run. That way as you age, you will be able to see with yearly tests what things have changed. You will then be able to modulate any changes(not for the good) that might be necessary.

Skull, HGH is really expensive. Young guns like you will have access to amazing treatment modalities in the future.

Big E those are wild numbers in terms of pure weight being moved. :biggrin1: My bone frame would never allow that.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
I just believe that HGH benefits more than just muscles. Jose canseco speaks of it in his book. He still looks young. It replaces vital hormones or what have you that are lost with age, probably even keeps your skin and bones young.

Absolutely, even grows back hair. Definitely worthdoing. All you're doing is keeping your levels up to where they should be.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd say I workout between four and seven hours each week, but I sometimes wonder if it's really worth it. I mean if I just spent that time doing other more enjoyable things maybe I'd enjoy life more. Most people don't workout, so I figure they must not think it's worth it. No, most people are lazy and don't understand the importance of physical health on their overall well-being.
I guess I'm just trying to figure out exactly what staying in good shape gets you. :rolleyes: You are an intelligent man I can't believe you have to ask that question. :eek::confused: To paraphrase what someone said in another thread it gives you the right to date beautiful, intelligent, well built women. :biggrin1: Seriously though, you get the satisfaction of knowing you will live longer and have a better quality of life than any us fatties. :tongue:

Also if I'm in good shape then I want a partner that's in good shape, so really I don't gain anything. How do you figure thats not gaining anything?

I mean if I was in average shape maybe I'd be just as happy to be with someone average. Any thoughts? I think it's interesting that you often see beautiful, well built women with average bodied men but rarely the other way around. Now I know why! :eek: Once a man reaches a certain level of fitness and muscle tone he deems himself too good to date the average woman. :mad::rolleyes:

I agree to do it for yourself. I'm always surprised if someone compliments my body since I workout more for myself. Apparently not entirely. Part of the reason you workout is so that you will feel entitled to date a better physical class of women. :rolleyes:

But if it's worth it for whatever reason, I don't understand why more people don't do it. And sometimes it upsets me a lot, especially seeing kids 18-21 in good shape that quickly get out of shape by the time they are 25.
That doesn't bother me nearly as much as seeing obese adolescents and teens. :mad: There are way too many obese and morbidly obese young people today. Unless you are in the NFL being 6' and 335 pounds is too heavy.

When I was a kid I rode my bike everywhere. Kids today are driven everywhere. It was nothing for us to ride the 7 miles to the high school, in August, for cheerleading tryouts or soccer physicals or whatever. It never occurred to us to ask our moms to drive us someplace that close. Then again that was in the days when the world was still kinda safe and parents didn't have to worry about kids being snatched by serial killers or pedophiles.

MOST people are lazy and don't workout, Its understandable because its not easy to exercise.
True.

It sounds like you understand the long-term benefits of working out, but you don't translate that to the short term. Maybe that's how most people see it. Or they maintain pretty good shape without working out, so they figure the extra effort is not worth it.
Guilty as charged. When I was younger I had a very, very high metabolism I could literally eat anything and not gain an ounce. If I followed even a light exercise routine for 2 weeks I had clearly defined muscles in my arms and legs. That changed almost overnight when I hit about 31. Unfortunately the mindset of not needing to exercise didn't. :redface:

If anyone in the northeast needs me as a personal trainer I would be more than willing...
Great! :eek: You wait until I move out of state to make that offer. :rolleyes: Where were you a year ago when I was doing leg lifts with ski boots on to build muscle and tone?:confused:

Absolutely, even grows back hair. Definitely worthdoing. All you're doing is keeping your levels up to where they should be.
Since when is more back hair desirable for anything but gorillas?:confused:?

Everything I've read about HGH It can be very dangerous, Its not something I'd try.
I've heard a lot of differing data on HGH. In the worst case scenario it sounds scary and the negatives out weigh the positives.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
what does working out get? It gets you laid. Period. If you are single and work out and are in good shape. Done. If you are with someone you naturally want to be in good shape for them. A side effect is that you feel as though you are in good health and feel god about yourself. So work out and look great and get laid or don't work out and go the anorexic male model route of the Dolce & Gabanna models from a couple seasons ago and hope there are women out there who appreciate it. (It works out either way).

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
what does working out get? It gets you laid. Period. If you are single and work out and are in good shape. Done. If you are with someone you naturally want to be in good shape for them. A side effect is that you feel as though you are in good health and feel god about yourself. So work out and look great and get laid or don't work out and go the anorexic male model route of the Dolce & Gabanna models from a couple seasons ago and hope there are women out there who appreciate it. (It works out either way).

Then there are the truly freaky women like myself that would love the opportunity to fuck you senseless so that when you pass out from exhaustion I can sneak off with your dog. I've always loved St. Bernard's. :smile:

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media

So having a big cock isn't enough?

(That's a stupid question, I know this)

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
what does working out get? It gets you laid. Period. If you are single and work out and are in good shape. Done.
Period? Done? :confused: It doesn't get me laid. I must be doing something wrong, but nobody will or can explain it to me. :mad: Maybe I should hire you as a coach or something.:biggrin1:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I also heard standing in front of a microwave is bad for you, as is living in New Jersey.

Can someone please provide me with examples of the negatives effects of HGH prescribed by doctors?

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I also heard standing in front of a microwave is bad for you, as is living in New Jersey.

Can someone please provide me with examples of the negatives effects of HGH prescribed by doctors?
No you are right. It is fine when prescribed by doctors. It really works and is safe.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jovial - well, you are in L.A. That is a whole thing unto itself and requires devoted attendance to the night life, going to parties, making friends with waiters/waitresses/hosts/hostesses. Make friends with the gate keepers. They love to talk. An you love to listen. Hint hint.
Hardcock - LOL. I had forgotten about that. Yes. That definately helps things along.
NJ - I am not tired yet so I am still good to go. But when you get back to Jersey give a guy called Skull Mason a call. He's got good delts. going on and he has more hair than I do.

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hate to give advice as I'm a personal trainer, but like others have said "Do it for yourself." Yes, there is no question that I'm an diehard exhibitionist and I want to look good for others, but I also want to live a rich and full life. To give you another perspective, everyday I see older guys and women twice my age literally working their butts off (both resistance training and cardio). Talking with them, almost everyone of them will tell that it doesn't get any easier, but that they're enjoying life more since they joined the gym. Personally know 2 that are in their early 70's. One of them on whom I did an assessment told me earlier this week that he felt better than he had in the last 5 years. That he'd lost nearly 60 lbs in 7 months and that what had enticed him to do something about his body was the fact that he'd lost 2 best friends and a couple of family members in the past year. Incidently, his BMI was 19.2 and his % Body Fat was 12.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Savage - That is excellent. I concur. The gym where I work out there was this woman in her 70s who was in GREAT shape for women half her age. She had been keenly watching me train and what I was doing she had not done and walked over and asked me if I would show her how to do that. Since I have trained a a great deal for twenty years I felt comfortable doing that and checked with gym owner and got the OK and this woman was a great student and diligent learner. If we should all be so lucky when we are in our 70s.