List of gyms with open/communal showers?

StillSmall

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
How is culture of the West Side YMCA these days? ... there used to be hot stuff happening there all the time.

That was my gym for 20 years, and you're making an understatement! From the basement bathrooms to the rental rooms above the gyms, it was probably only second to the St. Marks baths for activity in those days...

The open showers were nice, but I really wanted to be respectful of the straight guys, so I didn't stare unless invited to do so. I remember this one hot guy who I used to think had the biggest soft dick ever. It was ages before I realized that his downward-pointing penis was actually entirely erect. But in my imagination, it still is 8 inches soft, and I imagine the monster that turns into when he's hard!

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
That was my gym for 20 years, and you're making an understatement! From the basement bathrooms to the rental rooms above the gyms, it was probably only second to the St. Marks baths for activity in those days...

The open showers were nice, but I really wanted to be respectful of the straight guys, so I didn't stare unless invited to do so. I remember this one hot guy who I used to think had the biggest soft dick ever. It was ages before I realized that his downward-pointing penis was actually entirely erect. But in my imagination, it still is 8 inches soft, and I imagine the monster that turns into when he's hard!

Almost every time I worked out, there was some kind of hot activity, often just guys showing off, even lightly stroking together in the back of the showers, but there were sometimes full-on circle jerks and blow jobs in the steam room and sauna. If you just looked around, it was there. A really nice looking guy once showered next to me, struck up a conversation, did a little cock stroking facing the wall, and invited me back into a toilet stall to suck me off. He would repeat the favor whenever we were there at the same time.

StuJr

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
24 hour fitness in Point Loma/Sports Arena area has an open shower. Not heavily used, though.
Unfortunately, it has been remodeled with shower stalls.

Another 24 Hr fitness in San Diego has the stalls with no doors on them so the mgt put on curtains a few months back. That lasted about a month. Curtains actually made it easier to hook up because you couldn't see of there were more than a single person in each stall.

bi_todd

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Curtains actually made it easier to hook up because you couldn't see of there were more than a single person in each stall.
My gym (City Sports) has curtains on the shower stalls, but the curtains are mounted with an 18-inch gap above the floor so that it can easily be seen how many pairs of feet are present.

Unfortunately, it has been remodeled with shower stalls.

Another 24 Hr fitness in San Diego has the stalls with no doors on them so the mgt put on curtains a few months back. That lasted about a month. Curtains actually made it easier to hook up because you couldn't see of there were more than a single person in each stall.

Is this the 24hr fitness near gaslamp area? i'm visiting next sat and looking for a gym to work out at and show off

Reactions: eb2playa

raquetball1980

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Kind of funny how shower stalls actually make it easier to hook up! So I've seen gyms put in shower curtains that are transparent from the chest up, I guess to discourage more than one person in the stall. Probably best arrangement is to have 2 sets / sections of everything, i.e. showers, sauna/steam, I've seen arrangements like this where the unspoken understanding is that one section is for people who just want to get clean and relax, and one section for those who want a more exciting experience.

Youngfun90

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There are open showers at one gym on the outskirts of Brisbane. I believe its called Club Arana or something along those lines.

Goose_Eggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

The open showers were nice, but I really wanted to be respectful of the straight guys, so I didn't stare unless invited to do so. I remember this one hot guy who I used to think had the biggest soft dick ever. It was ages before I realized that his downward-pointing penis was actually entirely erect. But in my imagination, it still lolis 8 inches soft, and I imagine the monster that turns into when he's hard!

I too remember when I realized that some of what I thought were huge swinging horse cocks were actually hardons that hung downward, lol. Also remember first time I actually played with one, kept trying to get it harder and make it stand up until he finally told me that was it that it didn't get any harder - how embarrassing was that!?! Lol

bi_todd

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I too remember when I realized that some of what I thought were huge swinging horse cocks were actually hardons that hung downward, lol. Also remember first time I actually played with one, kept trying to get it harder and make it stand up until he finally told me that was it that it didn't get any harder - how embarrassing was that!?! Lol
I had that same experience with a college roomie who curved downward when hard. Took me a while to figure that out - definite duh moment.

Reactions: rc0946 and Russ311

Bobby Briggs

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
LOVE this thread, as I love gyms with open showers and all male sauna and steam, this is the way men should be together; we all have penises and balls and I prefer these gyms not just for the cruising factor, which is high, but also they create a more relaxed environment where the men don't seem to have such a stick up their ass.

I'll add (if no one has mentioned it already), the ymca in Bellingham which has an adult male locker room with open showers, sauna, and steam and penises as far as the eye can see.

Anyone know any gyms in the Seattle area specifically that have open showers and sauna and steam? I am sick of my stuffy conservative 24 Hour Fitness and wanna make a change to one with more wieners and a more relaxed atmosphere; any advice?

OnlyChild

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ive seen the Y at west side manhattan. Yeah, there are cicle of guys stroking. It was 5 of us in the steam room. 3 perva, 1 old guy, and me. My deal there is, if theryre really up for it, why is it they would stop when somebody would get it? As for me, "be my guest" when it comes to that. We all have done that, we all have dicks. But why would they stop???

When that happened, I just looked somewhere else, not bothering to stare at them. I sticked around, because im keeping my pores cleaned. If i were them, if im really up for it. I wouldnt care though.

My 2 cents: if ur just gonna be ashamed of whatever it is your life, better not do it!

musicmix

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Honolulu County, Hawaii, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
24 Hour Fitness in Costa Mesa, CA off of 19th St has a complete open shower.
24 Hour in Glendale has glass dividers but no doors.
24 Hour in Puente Hills has divider walls but no doors.
Love all three of those!

Reactions: cooldudo1