LPSGer of the month!

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Now, a bit more seriously... as the (obvious ;)) winner will be officially announced this evening (for me, in Europe), some comments :

I certainly cannot chose the 100% favourite poster. It depends upon so many, and the last thing I would do is to judge someone somehow !
There are postings and postings, due to the simple fact that there are personalities and personalities, characters and characters... Here, one will favour a more rational approach ; there one will approve a rather humorous touch, a third one will bring new infos, opening threads, a fourth one will make rather marginal comments, a fifth will resume to lurking. There will be posters (and their consequent postings) who will create/construct the atmosphere of the board ; there will be posters (and, again, their consequent postings) who will be rather attracted to analyse ; and so on : postings that recount personal experiences, souvenirs, postings that share knowledge (critique, science, curiosities, connoisseur issues, etc.), postings that endeavour to maintain the camaraderie here, so on. But ! one changes. X can post a day in a way, and then embrace a new style. Trenchant, faultfinding today, boisterous tomorrow, funny in 3 days, etc. One can focus on this-and-that, and then become the promoter of different-then-expected opinions. Q can be - successively - passive, coy, redundant, sharp and astute, pragmatic and a brilliant critic, if (s)he feels like it. An opinion of someone who posted 2 times may weigh more and be more valuable than 250 messages of someone who posted 300 times, like I did. What I could notice is that we're really fortunate to have an incredibly subtly tuned equilibrium on the forum, nestled between all the components I mentioned. And humour has a lot to do with it. 8)

It is this abundance, this richness that I appreciate and love. Labyrinth of sensations, of impressions, arabesque of thoughts, experiences, sagacity, of lust and pleasure, of chiselled words - how could I chose only pieces from this dazzling forum ? That morning feeling of opening the LPSG page has something special : I do it with a large smile. It's like meeting a good, old, diverting chum. (Misfortunately, I don't have enough time to read every post, or to reply to every posting I go through.) The pity is that we'll always be cyber : we will never meet in a LPSG reunion (even just for the fun).

SO !!! I take from my pocket The Golden Vote Excelsis, the one I keep for special occasions and I will give to a guy who is very dear to me (but he doesn't know that because I never said it, and I don't bother him with my mails or IMs), the Deux ex machina who made it all possible : Mark_Admin, Marko, Mark_LPSG, our Mark. Monsieur, vous avez toute ma gratitude et appréciation ! You have my entire gratefulness and appreciation. My days would have been a bit poorer without this site.
And there are my Premium Gold Votes, that I love to confer now to all the posters, nominated or not, Top 25 or not. Ladies and Gentlemen, je vous adore ! I owe you some of my smiles, some of my questions, my laughter, my good disposition ! :-* Mmwwwaaaaaaah ! (that was a kiss)

My multiple vote goes together with bottles of French champagne (Dom Pérignon, Laffitte-Rothschild, Veuve Cliquot, Roederer Crystal or Taittinger, just name it) and caviar (beluga, ossetra, sevruga, molossal, golden Persian, you're free to chose).
And, of course, with hugs from a blushing Raal.

7x6andchg: Raal-

Bravo! Bien dit!

Those are all the reasons I come back here...day after day after day.

To paraphase a French proverb, if I remember it correctly:
Un repas sans vin est comme un jour sans LPSG.
A meal without wine is like a day without LPSG.

Congratulations (in advance) to DMW, wherever in Europe he might find himself at this moment.

Come on back and claim the Finedessert Award. Shipping and handling of the award to Spain et al would likely be pretty prohibitive, since we spent quite a bit on the fan dancers and such for the award ceremony... and Monstro's not singing "Like A Virgin" for free, y'know..... :D

7x6&C

sammygirly: Yes! Totally agreed Raal...I think Marko gets our lifetime achievement award with Mindseye right next to him. They are by far our most valuable contributors.

Bravo DMW and congratulations on winning our very first Finedessert Award!!

~sets the big golden, winged phallus on a table awaiting his return~

Special mention goes to our very own Raal, following behind in close second. Dee right behind that in third.

Congratulations to everyone!

Watch for my next thread....I have a feeling it will be more agreeable to those of you who, rightly so, felt the last contest was a tad unfair....

Remember - your favourite can't win if you don't vote! (stealing an American Idol Line..shhh)

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have mixed feelings about this. I guess I'm one who doesn't get it: it still sounds like a popularity contest. However, I will look at it as a tribute to FineDessert. He and I corresponded rather regularly for a few years, and I miss that. One thing, though: Monstro, no Like A Virgin. My feelings toward Madonna are rather well-known, and I'd hate to have to gouge your eyes out with a grapefruit spoon!

I'm no longer in Spain. I crossed the border a few days ago and am now in Lourdes, France, nursing bright red shoulders shoulders and ass, courtesy of the sun on the beaches of Ibiza. (Yes, Nony, I used sunscreen; I burned anyway.)

Velcro: dude, I actually remember you. I saw your post on the Stats thread; the name Valerian is not one that I'd be likely to forget. Please continue to post, IM me, join in. Your spelling doesn't bother me. There are words misspelt all over this board, but we get the meaning. I only comment on spelling when I'm pissed at someone or when a misspelled word gives a sentence a whole different meaning. (Anyone remember on the original board where a poster misspelt nurturing and so he said we was looking for a neutering relationship?) Don't let anyone run you off. I remember you as being a nice, if somewhat quiet, guy. You'll fit in nicely.

7x6andchg: DMW -

While at Lourdes (Madonna reference anyone?), let us know if they're still accepting prayers for miracles, please? I could use one...

7x6&C

awellhungboi: Okay, um, how 'bout "Oops, I did it again?"

Seriously, congrats DMW! Whether a popularity contest or not, I for one really admire your honesty, intelligence, and integrity. Next to Mark and Mindseye, you have done a lot to make this site as good as it is!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=Monstro link=board=99;num=1061748987;start=80#88 date=09/01/03 at 19:13:41]
 Whether a popularity contest or not, I for one really admire your honesty, intelligence, and integrity. Next to Mark and Mindseye, you have done a lot to make this site as good as it is!
[/quote]

Thank you, Monstro. That means a lot coming from someone whose opinion I respect. In the half year that you've been here, I've seen a lot to admire in your posts.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=7by6etC link=board=99;num=1061748987;start=80#87 date=09/01/03 at 19:08:00]While at Lourdes, let us know if they're still accepting prayers for miracles, please?  I could use one...
[/quote]

Paul, I offered a prayer for your special intention at the Grotto of Massabielle today.

(Madonna reference anyone?)

Uh ... let's not.

7x6andchg: Why thank you, DMW. At the risk of sounding mushy and going too far off topic, I am touched that you would do so.

Despite what many may think of the ongoing Hatfield-McCoy business between you and Dee - well, if we lose either of you we're in a "whole heapin' mess a trouble"

Paul
7x6&C

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=7by6etC link=board=99;num=1061748987;start=80#91 date=09/02/03 at 16:09:10]Why thank you, DMW.  At the risk of sounding mushy and going too far off topic, I am touched that you would do so.
[/quote]

I'm glad to do it, Paul. This still a support group, first and foremost, and I believe in the power of prayer. It's hard not to in Lourdes. The faith of the pilgrims here is so palpable you want to cry. I hope your prayers are answered.

7x6andchg: See Sammy's other FAIR thread, Geo...and you already have one vote from me.

7x6&C

gigantikok: Congratulations DWM. It is your sincerity, devotion, and insight that has really helped this place become what it is. You absolutely deserve the honor. Everyday you inspire and support. You touch some people in ways you may not even expect. For one, you are one reason I was motivated into weight lifting, excersize, and taking care of my body, and for that, I will always be in your service. We never really have private conversations, but I by nature am very private. I hope you know, though, that whenever I see one of your postings I just for joy and listen intently. Keep it up... the day you leave would be quite a sad day for everyone to deal with. POST ON! :)