Marijuana

Do you smoke marijuana or any of its derivatives?

• Yes, frequently (weekly or more often)

Votes: 38 24.8%
  • Yes, occasionally (less than weekly)

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • I used to, but stopped

Votes: 37 24.2%
  • I don't, and never have

Votes: 38 24.8%
  • I'm high right now

Votes: 13 8.5%

• Total voters

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Our state constitution has a 'Right to Privacy' clause, that was the basis for it being decriminalized by the state Supreme Court in the 70's.
The atmosphere was more progressive before Reagan, Legislators and even the state Attorney General :eek:were known to smoke.
A few years back, a fishing boat was seized because a crew member had a joint, that is abuse. (Don't remember the details, presumably it was by the Feds.)

The US has @ two million people in prison, at a cost of @ fifty thousand each.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's why Jah created bongs.

And bowls and vaporizers. Joints aren't that bad for your lungs either. Blunts are the worst but they're so good.:mad: Bongs are the best anyway. They get me higher than anything else does.

wiza1967

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh yes I love weed. I've found it's the best aphrodisiac on the face of this earth, it makes me so horny :smile:
I just wish I had more money and a constant source.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been smoking weed for over 6 years. My health is fine. Everybody I know that smokes weed is fine. In fact there are no recorded deaths caused by weed. It really can't be all that bad. Unless your friend was smoking something other than weed, I find it hard to believe the weed did it.

Believe what you wish, some people may be more susceptible than others and this fellow was smoking a lot of dope. He told me the only other drug he used was a variation of dope, hash. I can't verify at this time that he actually became a vegetable, it just seemed highly likely from how lit up he was from waking up to going to bed. I mean he could hardly walk sometimes.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Believe what you wish, some people may be more susceptible than others and this fellow was smoking a lot of dope. He told me the only other drug he used was a variation of dope, hash. I can't verify at this time that he actually became a vegetable, it just seemed highly likely from how lit up he was from waking up to going to bed. I mean he could hardly walk sometimes.

Your friend wasn't smoking no weed then. Did he have pale lips and scratch his neck a lot.:tongue: I have been a heavy smoker. Everyday about anywhere from 2-10 grams. Unless he was having some kind of weird allergic reaction to it or it wasn't all he was using. Herb just doesn't do that to you.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your friend wasn't smoking no weed then. Did he have pale lips and scratch his neck a lot.:tongue: I have been a heavy smoker. Everyday about anywhere from 2-10 grams. Unless he was having some kind of weird allergic reaction to it or it wasn't all he was using. Herb just doesn't do that to you.

What can I say, I have no other reference than what he told me, what his friends told me and what I personally observed. I saw his stash, a gallon size plastic bag that was nearly full and he was just visiting, I smelled the dope smoke because it was all around him most of the time, there was no tobacco in it. He was proud of how well he could handle so much weed, he lived in Humboldt County and got primo stuff with his large salary and I would be willing to bet that he smoked a hell of a lot more weed then, than you do now.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What can I say, I have no other reference than what he told me, what his friends told me and what I personally observed. I saw his stash, a gallon size plastic bag that was nearly full and he was just visiting, I smelled the dope smoke because it was all around him most of the time, there was no tobacco in it. He was proud of how well he could handle so much weed, he lived in Humboldt County and got primo stuff with his large salary and I would be willing to bet that he smoked a hell of a lot more weed then, than you do now.

Don't count on it. If he smoked more weed than I do then he was just wasting weed. You can only get so high until there is no point in smoking again until it starts to wear off. For the most part I smoke about an average of 7 bluntsworth a day which is about 8 grams and that keeps me high all day from the time I wake up till I go to sleep. And it couldn't have been a tolerance thing either because your tolerance does not change that much. It is actually easier to feel the high the more experienced you are as a smoker but you can also handle it better with experience. If he could barely walk straight he sounds like a lightweight to me. The only time I have seen people get high and not be able to walk straight is when they are lightweights smoking with me.:439: Especially when I'm giving them good shotguns left and right.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would also like to point out the fact that I domed a 2 gram beast of a blunt once without taking a single breathe of fresh air. And i was holding the smoke in on each inhale for 8 seconds. My friends nicknamed me ironlungs.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
not for me, but have no problem with those that like it. smoked a bit in college. eh. don't see why some like it so much.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media

Regardless of whether this is true or not, one isolated case of an individual having an extremely negative reaction to pot is no reason to ban it.

After all, the vast majority of pot users don't have this reaction. Just like the vast majority of alcohol consumers don't become alcoholics, develop cirrhosis or the liver, or kill people while driving drunk.

Stories like this one remind me of the scare tactics employed in the Reagan "just say no" years.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
After all, the vast majority of pot users don't have this reaction. Just like the vast majority of alcohol consumers don't become alcoholics, develop cirrhosis or the liver, or kill people while driving drunk.

Actually I would say FAR more alcohol users end up with related problems than pot smokers. By a long shot.

Also - 'they' are always banging on about cannabis being a 'gateway' drug - the biggest gateway substance in my expereince is alcohol.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
And bowls and vaporizers. Joints aren't that bad for your lungs either. Blunts are the worst but they're so good.:mad: Bongs are the best anyway. They get me higher than anything else does.
Anytime you burn anything, it causes a chemical reaction that produces carbons...that can't be too healthy. >_>

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anytime you burn anything, it causes a chemical reaction that produces carbons...that can't be too healthy. >_>

Well I'm not saying it's healthy but it's not that bad. Some scientists did tests on weed and said they don't believe it even causes cancer. Vaporizers are supposed to get rid of most of the toxins in it. Anything that you smoke is going to do some damage to your lungs but weed does a lot less damage than tobacco will. Blunts will do the most damage because of the paper. If you are smoking just the weed it is not that bad.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I went with used to but stopped, though it would be more accurate to say I've tried it a few times but never liked it.
My experience was similar. I probably liked the marijuana high better than the alcohol high, but being intoxicated by any means is not a big turn-on for me. Furthermore, I've seen a lot of people who've maintained that it has not negatively affected them to get high regularly... I often think their perception has suffered.

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
or maybe it (being "their perception") went to a spiritual plain that society sucked from
man via media.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sure, some claim to have used drugs to reach a higher plane of awareness or oneness with the universe, and I can see how that might be possible. However, all too often those same people have come to depend on the drug(s) of choice to maintain some other sort of equilibrium that appears from this vantage point to be a hindrance.