New strain of HIV found; AIDS in 3 months

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Actually, in many states, it's already considered murder 1 to willingly risk giving someone HIV. In other states, it's still just reckless endangerment. Depends on the court's views.

Royal_T

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by surferboy@Feb 15 2005, 04:54 PM
What makes it even worse is that it's something that is SO preventable.
[post=283334]Quoted post[/post]​

And that is what make me so mad when I hear the pope forbid his underlings from EVER reccommending condoms. Even in countries where AIDS is rampant and the populations are more likely to believe religious arguments than scientific ones.
I mean no offence to religious folk, but anyone who actively discourages the use of condoms needs to get his head out of his ass.

"go forth and multiply" might have been a good idea 2000 years ago, but now we have over 6 billion people on this rock, and new STD's. If our population kept 'multiplying' forever, it would kill virtually everything on earth.

Im so sure thats what God intended. :glare:

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
2000 or 3000 years ago. Either way, the Catholic Church's stance against contraception goes back to Renaissance medical theories. They thought a sperm contained a homunculus, and that the only difference as someone matured was in the size. (All other differences were illusions.)