NYC Bar Night

MsThang

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
OK I am super flexible, no pun intended haha. Let's make it for Friday, September 16 at 8 pm at The Art Bar in the West Village. I don't want to do it on a Thursday because I want to get drunk and don't want to go to work the next day.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK I am super flexible, no pun intended haha. Let's make it for Friday, September 16 at 8 pm at The Art Bar in the West Village. I don't want to do it on a Thursday because I want to get drunk and don't want to go to work the next day.

OK, I'm in for Friday, September 16 at 8 pm at The Art Bar in the West Village.

MsThang

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Are you making fun of me haha. I don't want people get confused and make sure they go to the right place at the right time.

OK, I'm in for Friday, September 16 at 8 pm at The Art Bar in the West Village.

duderino

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
"Hi My Name is" stickers? Perhaps we can make our own conference-style badges? Or we can get a master guest list and someone with the inclination can actually make little name badge thingees. The more organized we are with the bar, the more likely we are to get A.) latitude in terms of "stretching the rules" and B.) discounts - we're going to guarantee a crowd; owners like that sort of thing. I nominate NOT ME. (I'm sober, although have no problem being IN a bar.)

sizequeenNY

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
"Hi My Name is" stickers? Perhaps we can make our own conference-style badges? Or we can get a master guest list and someone with the inclination can actually make little name badge thingees. The more organized we are with the bar, the more likely we are to get A.) latitude in terms of "stretching the rules" and B.) discounts - we're going to guarantee a crowd; owners like that sort of thing. I nominate NOT ME. (I'm sober, although have no problem being IN a bar.)

Sorry but you are way over thinking this. It is a bar with a back room, go back by the couches, something inconspicuous will be on a table where everyone meets. I used to work in NY nightlife- you are not getting a discount on a Friday evening where a bar already has a natural market that just finished their happy hour, there is no place for a guest list because it would have to create a separate area(which would require a bar minimum), and name badges at a bar on a Friday sound a bit gauche, sorry. You don't need to or want to call ahead, they don't take reservations. If someone can grab a couch when they walk in, would be good. It is a nice, laid back place with good drinks and fair prices. I am sure it will be fun just walk in and go with the flow :biggrin1:

duderino

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thunk

Sorry but you are way over thinking this. It is a bar with a back room, go back by the couches, something inconspicuous will be on a table where everyone meets. I used to work in NY nightlife- you are not getting a discount on a Friday evening where a bar already has a natural market that just finished their happy hour, there is no place for a guest list because it would have to create a separate area(which would require a bar minimum), and name badges at a bar on a Friday sound a bit gauche, sorry. You don't need to or want to call ahead, they don't take reservations. If someone can grab a couch when they walk in, would be good. It is a nice, laid back place with good drinks and fair prices. I am sure it will be fun just walk in and go with the flow :biggrin1: