Online persona vs Real life personality

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Same - well, perhaps less sarcastic here than IRL, as it often seems as sarcasm is best understood by Danes and Brits.

Indeed. One of my pals is Danish, I swear a factor is the shared sense of humour. He lives in Copenhagen too ... it's likely you know [of] him, in that I find everybody there seems to know everyone else - usually requiring far fewer than the usual seven degrees.

It's not so 'bad' as Iceland though!

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Your suggeschun was sartinly mah hope, dong.:cool:
(But we have to be careful ... marls is tender of years as well as of heart.)

i knew it was a joke, just didn't understand the conotation. it reminded me of an old folktale so the euphemism flew right over my head.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No doubt. (But I think my level of sarcasm is a bit unCanadian.)

Well, then I'm glad you're unCanadian in that sense...

He lives in Copenhagen too ... it's likely you know [of] him, in that I find everybody there seems to know everyone else - usually requiring far fewer than the usual seven degrees.

Well, we're only 1½-2 million in Copenhagen, so chances are better than most cities...

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
So, more spring chicken than seasoned rooster, is that what you mean, Rubi?

You must share my brain pan. Precisely.:cool:

i knew it was a joke, just didn't understand the connotation. it reminded me of an old folktale so the euphemism flew right over my head.

Okay. But sometimes jokes can be a bit dangerous. (You, however, right-brained bird that you are, seem to always roll with the punches.)

Well, then I'm glad you're unCanadian in that sense...
:biggrin1:

Honey123

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've had a few guys that I've met from a singles site actually act surprised and say that I'm prettier in real life. I'm pretty much the same person online as IRL except for on here... on LPSG I'm much more of a flirt and flashing my tits and all. I might wear a little cleavage once in a while, but I'm actually really shy. I almost never get asked out and have only been with one guy since my divorce 5 years ago. I just like to admire huge cocks.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
IRL I am less likely to argue politics and I have no problems getting along with a Republican, and I have had friends who are Republicans.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
In real life I am cutting, caustic, brutally honest, sarcastic, get the fuck out of my face and out of my way.
Nothing at all like my online persona.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
It all depends on the time, place, and who I am around. I don't talk about having sex with guys irl. I am a big flirt on here and irl. I do joke a lot both places, and I try to be kind. Altho, I can be a real SOB. This week, a woman I detest kept getting inches from my face. I told her that the egg sandwich she'd eaten made her breath stink. The next day, I told her it made her breath smell like gas, and that I didn't want her to get her feelings hurt by someone telling her she had butt breath. Ummm she thought I was being kind. hahaha

I like to play games both places too. I do like to mess up peoples minds on here and irl. I still remember when Naughty pm'd me, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours...."

Of course she meant face pic :p

Sometimes people mistakenly think I'm serious with my flirtations. One guy who called me monkey thought I was serious. It cost me the friendship that was building. I felt kind of sad about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey Hootie!

I am so glad to see you are back with us! Yeah I remember that one too! I like to get my flirt on as well! Hugs!

It all depends on the time, place, and who I am around. I don't talk about having sex with guys irl. I am a big flirt on here and irl. I do joke a lot both places, and I try to be kind. Altho, I can be a real SOB. This week, a woman I detest kept getting inches from my face. I told her that the egg sandwich she'd eaten made her breath stink. The next day, I told her it made her breath smell like gas, and that I didn't want her to get her feelings hurt by someone telling her she had butt breath. Ummm she thought I was being kind. hahaha

I like to play games both places too. I do like to mess up peoples minds on here and irl. I still remember when Naughty pm'd me, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours...."

Of course she meant face pic :p

Sometimes people mistakenly think I'm serious with my flirtations. One guy who called me monkey thought I was serious. It cost me the friendship that was building. I felt kind of sad about it.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I can be a jerk on here sometimes, but it's interesting to see that a lot of people on here are (self-proclaimed) assholes IRL.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm not much different offline than what you read here. I am a more likely to speak up on an issue or call out bullshit offline. I find online conversations to be slow and two dimensional, somewhat like cyber-sex. Only a fraction of what it takes to have a meaningful discourse and be communicated through these forums.

I have a low tolerance for wankers offline, I just don't have them in my life. Online, I hold my peace much more than I would than if I met some of you "in real life".

And I don't walk around with my cock hanging out of my jeans.