Oscar Winners - blow by blow

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
Mrs. Lex is reading this very argument over on a Brokeback Mountain forum that she participates in (it has evolved into a pretty rich place to discuss sexuality, GLBT issues, Mixed Orientation Marriage, etc.). Many Queer posters there are "outraged" as Crash won (be there, done that with race they say) and BBM lost.

To which I say: What if you're Black AND gay like me? A minority within a minority if you will.
Your take is extremely valuable to me Lex. Thanks.

And let's remember these are the same people who have snubbed some really good movies for trash. At least this year, the movies nominated all had weight and were pretty well done.
No question.

Finally, let's embrace all who struggle and not agrue over who's trauma carries the heaviest post traumatic stress disorder.
I didn't meant to suggest one outweighed the other. I simply found two of Dilznick's posts offensive to me as a gay man. It was to those I took exception.

Ah ha. See, when I think of that you describe, I see that happening to Justin Timberlake. He ain't goona look half as good a Ryan in 10 years (or maybe he will and I will eat crow). We'll see.

Yup yup... I agree. I've always thought Timberlake and Phillippe were kind of "struck from the same mould" (and a rather yummy one at that).

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorcerer said:
If Ryan Phillippe is getting old, I'm a train wreck.

You look good for your age - hell, you look good for any age. So does he - just not as good as he did.

I agree with Lex on the minority argument. I'm all for equality (for everyone - as if there was any other kind.) I'm just a little sad because it doesn't help my particular minority.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorcerer said:
My sources say Reese is a real cunt to him so...
(I can have my fantasies).

Well one thing's certain, with that projectile chin of hers if he was standing nearby and she turned too quickly she could knock Ryan out with a flip of her hair.

oooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what vicious thing to say...:tongue:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Chuck64 said:
I agree with Lex on the minority argument. I'm all for equality (for everyone - as if there was any other kind.) I'm just a little sad because it doesn't help my particular minority.

I do too Chuck.

I simply despise an "us and them" minority take.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Stronzo said:
Well one thing's certain, with that projectile chin of hers if he was standing nearby and she turned too quickly she could knock Ryan out with a flip of her hair.

oooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what vicious thing to say...:tongue:
I loved her until I head from multiple, reliable sources that she was being mean to my Ryan. She went from the loveable Elle Woods to an evil cunt right then and there.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sorcerer said:
I loved her until I head from multiple, reliable sources that she was being mean to my Ryan. She went from the loveable Elle Woods to an evil cunt right then and there.

I think we share comparable sources on this one ... "mad insecure bitch from hell" was a phrase I seem to recall... :rolleyes:

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stronzo said:
Clooney SO outed himself....

yay George!
Didn't he though...it was great. It was funny ...Sunday afternoon....We were at my parent's for Supper. We were all talking about the Oscars...My dad comes from out of the blue and Said ..Cloony is Gay...just like Rock Hudson. My dad has came a long way from when he first learned I was Gay. Makes me Proud having him as my Dad...:smile:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
alex8 said:
I think we share comparable sources on this one ... "mad insecure bitch from hell" was a phrase I seem to recall... :rolleyes:

Witherspoon's acceptance speech confirmed it.

We have an expression for "Suzie Creamcheese" types here in Massachusetts:

"Sugar Bitch"

She was OOOOOZING sugar-bitchery during that speech.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Chuck64 said:
I'm just a little sad because it doesn't help my particular minority.

What the hell. So we didn't get the big one. We still had 2 solid GLBT-issue films plus Capote, FWIW. They all got nominations, and we scored 4 Oscars.

It's enough to make the Fundies shit themselves. That's good enough for me.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

I do not thing 3/6 Mafia won because the song was particularly fabulous.They won for two reasons 1) Their competition -there wasnt much up there 2 ) The song did best represent the movie for which it was written.
As for John Williams. I merely expressed my opinion. I was not feeling the score from Brokeback. There was nothing particularly innovative about that score either. I agree that "Crash" and "Brokeback..." are not an us vs them.I think that there are aspects of both movies regardless of your race or sexual orientation to which we all can relate. I am happy that the awards were so evenly distributed.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
naughty said:
Hi,

I do not thing 3/6 Mafia won because the song was particularly fabulous.They won for two reasons 1) Their competition -there wasnt much up there 2 ) The song did best represent the movie for which it was written.
As for John Williams. I merely expressed my opinion. I was not feeling the score from Brokeback. There was nothing particularly innovative about that score either. I agree that "Crash" and "Brokeback..." are not an us vs them.I think that there are aspects of both movies regardless of your race or sexual orientation to which we all can relate. I am happy that the awards were so evenly distributed.

Okay naughty,

You just got the "Stronzo Mediator (moderator??)" of the year Oscar.

Well done my love.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree with you about the musical scores Naughty. None of them were particularly innovative. I just think that John Williams needs to change it up a bit. His layered melody thing is getting tired and worn-out.