Questions about uncut from a soon to be parent.

Kenyth

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
people with foreskin knows. foreskin doesn't tear that easily from erections. your brothers foreskin tore probably due to ill given advice by foreskinless doctors who just have no clue what it is really like to have a foreskin and how to treat it probably.

I must say, there is more attending to do with a foreskin during puberty, learning for the first time that the thing will retract and slowing revealing the glan underneath, but once puberty is over, you will be glad there's this piece of skin that roll back & forth during sex / masterbation / foreplay, etc etc. It really is like a miracle watching it sometimes rolling back & forth. I don't know how can I ever live without a foreskin.

And if I want to live like a cut person for a week or so, I just keep it pulled back the whole time, but then my glad looses its sensitivity so quickly, sex just isn't as fun. Also uncut person don't need lube to jack off, unlike a cut dick which just feels wrong as the skin doesn't move at all.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The bottom line is, if you believe in science and evolution, then foreskin is meant to be natural. If it wasnt then natural selection would have kicked in 5000 years ago when humans started circumcising and we would have evolved to be born without foreskins if they were unnessessary or caused problems.
Actually, you're right that it would have evolved away if it was at all harmful, but probably long before humans began circumcision. Circumcising actually thwarts any natural selection against foreskins, because the ones that would cause any problems that interfere with reproduction get cut off before they can do it.

simbablk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am cut, my sons are not. I was adamantly in favor of circumcision, primarily for cosmetic and hygenic reasons. As the time got closer and the question approached reality and was almost no longer theoretical, I decided to research it some more. One of the articles that helped me change my mind is this one: Mothering: The Case Against Circumcision

I did a 180 on this and went from very much in favor of circumcision to very much against it. Once I learned more about it, I just couldn't do that to them. If they want it done later on, I'll pay for it once they turn 18. But, I just didn't think I had the right to make the decision for someone else. I don't regret it at all, and they look completely normal to me.

In terms of care, there really is none. As that article says, "
"The natural penis requires no special care. A child's foreskin, like his eyelids, is self-cleansing. Forcibly retracting a baby's foreskin can lead to irritation and infection. The best way to care for a child's intact penis is to leave it alone."

Good luck to you and your son - and I sincerely hope you leave hiim intact!

I read that article and I have to say that I disagree with at best half of it. It's clear the author is presenting one side of the debate - which I understand and certainly respect. But I think the author is linking penile issues with men/boys who are circumcised - which are loosely associated.

When talking about circumcisions, the author makes points that can be refuted very easily. For instance, having worked in a nursery before, I can honestly say that babies who were circumcised did not fall into some deep coma like sleep for days or weeks as the author suggests. They were just as wakeful, as well as sleepy, as the other babies (mainly female babies). Their cries all seemed normal. Yes, there was discomfort (as expected) when changing their diapers during the first few days, but it did eventually subside. And being circumcised, I can say that my penis is quite sensitive.

There are a few good points about this article - but it is clear that this author is, again - using loosely associated studies to show that circumcision is bad. I would greatly like to read an article that is unbiased in its opinion to help the reader truly make an informed decision about what to do with their child.
Oh, the part about the infant having to give informed consent - C'MON! Now the author is contradicting himself. You can't say in one sentence that the infant must give informed consent to treatment (i.e. circumcision) but then say the parents can make other decisions for the infant and doesn't therefore require informed consent!

But I do understand your dilemma. I will be getting married soon and hopefully I'll have a son - and I'll have to make this very difficult decision - since my soon to be wife has already told me that the penis is my department. I too have been wrestling with what to do with my unborn male child. I've been leaning more towards leaving him intact vs having him circumcised like his dear ol dad - but we'll see when the time comes.

One thing is for sure, if this article did nothing to sway me more towards leaving him intact. Not a great article.

Simba

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
How much of your genitals would you like to keep? How would you feel if someone were to take away
a large percentage, say, tomorrow?
I'm guessing that your yet to be born son would feel the same way.

meschka

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I am uncut and have no problem staying clean!! there is some stigma that if u are uncut it's really unclean and all this other stuff. It's all bullshit it's a case of washing. I have a beautiful uncut cock and would hate to have been cut

newboy18

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
At age 8 my father sat me down and explained that I was intact and at the time I didn't know what circumcision even was. He explained that my penis would look different then most other boys and that I would have to wash under my foreskin and he told me that I would appreciate it later in life. After that it was about 4-5 years later I think I was 13 I wanted to know why I was left uncut since I had never saw another uncut penis other then my 3 brothers and he explained even tough he is circumcised the last couple months leading up to my birth he and my mother were 50/50 split and most likely would have had me circumcised but that changed when I was born and they still had not made up their minds and asked the doctor what he would do and he told them if it was his son he would not have him circumcised, long story short that's how I was able to escape the cut and now that I am 18 I will tell you I have never had 1 issue with my uncut penis in my first 18 years of life.

Kenyth

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
@ Newboy18: Glad your parents left your foreskin alone. Your dick is beautiful and complete.

Circumcision on newborn is NOT a treatment! treatment for what? What is there to treat? If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh, the part about the infant having to give informed consent
Nobody says the infant has to give informed consent - that would be silly - but tht the penis' owner is the only one who should give informed consent, when he is old enough.

- C'MON! Now the author is contradicting himself. You can't say in one sentence that the infant must give informed consent to treatment (i.e. circumcision)
Circumcising a healthy baby is not "treatment".
but then say the parents can make other decisions for the infant and doesn't therefore require informed consent!
There are decisions and decisions. Some decisions have to be made (the child has to learn some language or other, for example), this one just doesn't. Few of those decisions are as irrevocable as this one. He can learn another language, he can change his name. He can't get his original foreskin back.

The only reason you are presented with it as a decision is that you are living in the USA. In most of the developed world it isn't offered. And not because they're behind the times, either. The British Commonwealth did the experiment, circumcising perhaps even more enthusiastically than the US in the 1950s. It did no good and now they don't and there have been no problems. (So a whole generation of boys and men don't look like their fathers, and that has never been an issue either.)

And in fact presenting it to parents as an important decision they have to make is a legacy of the days when they did it without asking. That's how it became so customary, and that's why some doctors and nurses keep asking and asking and won't take No for an answer.

Kenyth

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
peaceful parenting: History of Female Circumcision in the United States

5888_110595748054_623908054_2943613_3046448_n.jpg

The prepuce organ ("foreskin" or "hood") is a natural, normal, vital, protective, healing and sexual organ on all mammals. It is an analogous and homologous organ in all girls and boys, women and men. The prepuce contains more nerve endings (70,000+) than ANY other body part bar none. There is no body part that is as sensitive as the prepuce organ is. It produces its own antibodies, and has its own sphincters to protect the glans ('head') of the clitoris/penis. The prepuce has its own mucus membranes, produces its own natural lubrication and has its own gliding mechanisms and ridged band. It performs functions similar to those that the eyelid does in protecting the eye, the fingernail in protecting the finger, and yet has unique sexual responsibilities that no other body part can take the place of.

The prepuce is present in both baby girls and baby boys at birth and is securely and tightly fastened to the glans of the clitoris/penis. It stays closely adhered throughout childhood and sometimes into the teen years. The prepuce serves the same important health and sexual functions and purposes for both men and women as they grow into adulthood.

The amputation of the prepuce by those attempting to control men's and women's sexuality has a similar history in the United States and around the world. The loss of the prepuce has a similar impact on men and women. Surgical amputation of the prepuce has always been a 'solution' in search of a problem that does not exist. Hopefully soon, and VERY soon, Male Genital Mutilation (MGM) will reach the same legal termination as Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) in our nation.

ALL human beings, male and female alike, have the basic human right to genital integrity.

Hard to agree with your post because it just makes me even more :\ about mine.

But there is nothing that you could say that would make more sense than what you just said.

MoociMan

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I am uncut and never had a problem with it. It was a little tight but I fixed it by gentle training when I was about 8 yrs, and today it is very loose and I never have had any problems with hygiene what so ever.

All my siblings are uncut but one will be cut soon because of too tight skin. But we had it in our genes;)

In Scandinavia most are uncut and here there is never any debate about it. It like, if there are complications then you just fix it, otherwise leave it be. And nobody are being teased for being cut or uncut around here - first found out that was an issue now with this thread.

So my advise: don't cut, and if anything becomes an issue then cut. But it is no big deal apart from the minor risk of cutting wrong or bad - but there are minor risks by not cutting too. Really, it is like anything in life, mostly harmless but for a few it fucks stuff up. Chill out and enjoy your kid:biggrin1:

MoociMan

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Btw, I have 5 bros, and my fathers skin is too tight (never been cut), so with the disposition only 1 out of 6 had any "problems", and it really isn't a real problem to him as much as a personal wish to be cut. And he made the decision now at age 15.

As I said, my advice is: don't cut. Most likely it will play out well and if not, then the option is still there.

As for the whole "parents need to wash it", yes, but normally parents need to wash their kids, so I don't really see it as an inconvienience. It is a very small organ that needs nothing but a quick dip in the water unless you have had a looong period without washing it, and that should never be the case anyways.

I have to repeat: stop worrying. There is no big deal unless the weird situation the doctors put you in by asking in the first place. I don't see the medical relevans if there hasn't been established a diagnosis that warrants a cut (i.e. too tight, some deformation or the like). All medical procedures involves a risk, and I wouldn't take that risk unless threatened by another one (not just the logical possibility, but an actual problem).

No matter what I wish you a sweet healthy child!

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If all three of your brothers had problems with their foreskins, they most probably had an inherited defect, similar to bad eyesight or being pigeon-toed. Entire populations are uncircumcised with vastly fewer problems than are caused by circumcision. Anyway, almost all foreskin issues are easily solved without surgery. I am sorry for your brothers, but they are no reason to circumcise a helpless newborn boy.

Listen to the wisdom on this site. Convoluted arguments about tribal loyalty, shower comparison, false health claims, cleanliness non-issues fall away before the reality of nature. The foreskin is there for a very good purpose. Remember, it is the only organ (and a protective and sexually sensitive one at that) that is ritually or medically removed from a significant part of mankind -- except for the analogous part of women, which is also senselessly removed in parts of Africa. Think about it. The roots of circumcision lie in the superstitious past, not in the enlightened present.

If I ever have children (adopt or something) there is no question that I'd have them circumcised. I watched all 3 of my brothers go through their early adolescence and had painful night time erections and eventually tearing of their foreskin due to the fact that it wouldn't retract. All three had to be circumcised at around 13, and all 3 now harbor resentment against our Mom and their dad because of it. Thankfully the adoption agency had me cut before they gave me to my parents, so they didn't have a say. There's no way I'd put my son through the agony my brothers went through.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
right. talk to the guy who financially benefits. there's no conflict of interest there, is there?