The "gay panic" defense

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Given the high profile of a few murder cases where the accused uses the "gay panic" defense, and also the fact that there are so many low-profile cases that are similar, it got me thinking.

For those of you who may be unfamiliar with this, it is when a supposedly straight guy panics when another guy makes moves on him, and in his panic, he kills the filthy little queer. Many of these cases end up with acquittal, or with greatly reduced or suspended sentences, as the judge and jury can sympathize with the poor, traumatized murderer. I mean, think about it, some homosexual actually asked to suck his cock (he probably let the guy suck it, then offed him).

Anyways, in light of the trend of the courts to be lenient with the "gay panic" defense, should women also get in on the action? If a woman has some hideous guy hittin' on her when she is out at a bar with the girls, should she be able to kill him, then claim the "troglodyte panic" defense to get a suspended sentence? After all, women also are entitled to equal legal protection, under the 14th Amendment. Fair is fair, right?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Shit, DC_DEEP, I'd go on a murder spree till the end of time if it was open season on troglodytes- I live in Ohio! No, that's just more evidence of the Bible belt, east of Caucasia at work in our government. Gay men don't get rights and it's okay to hate/kill them because let's face it, God really does hate fags.

You see, this is what I despise about religion- PEOPLE manipulate it into something horrific to be used to DAMAGE each other. On the left we have people saying, "live your life and let me live mine" and on the right we hear "live my way or you're a worthless piece of shit"

Basically, if you're not white, hetero and male, someone is trying to fuck with your rights right now, and if you are, you think you're getting the shaft bacuse you're being told to share.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by ChimeraTX@Jun 14 2005, 03:36 PM
I probably know a lot of people right now who would kill someone for making a pass at them. I figure that most people can tell exactly who will react that way just by looking at them though.

I guess women could try the same thing, but the average man is stronger than the average woman, so it wouldn't be as fair a fight. BTW, women have been getting a lot more violent lately. I think I read that in Newsweek. :p
[post=320560]Quoted post[/post]​
Well, I didn't say it had to be a fair fight or a fist fight. If you read about most of these types of crimes, they tend to be a group, usually 3 or more "straight guys" killing one single gay guy (don't that make daddy proud?)

The offended female could use a gun, she could mace him before she & her friends beat him with baseball bats... doesn't matter, as long as the outcome is similar to the Matthew Shepard case.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jun 14 2005, 03:44 PM
Shit, DC_DEEP, I'd go on a murder spree till the end of time if it was open season on troglodytes- I live in Ohio! No, that's just more evidence of the Bible belt, east of Caucasia at work in our government. Gay men don't get rights and it's okay to hate/kill them because let's face it, God really does hate fags.

You see, this is what I despise about religion- PEOPLE manipulate it into something horrific to be used to DAMAGE each other. On the left we have people saying, "live your life and let me live mine" and on the right we hear "live my way or you're a worthless piece of shit"

Basically, if you're not white, hetero and male, someone is trying to fuck with your rights right now, and if you are, you think you're getting the shaft bacuse you're being told to share.
[post=320566]Quoted post[/post]​
Ah, Madame, you DO understand the point of my post. I had a feeling you would have to put in your 3-dollar-bill's worth on this one.

<g> Go easy on the white males, though. Although I don&#39;t also have the hetero quality, I am in the wonderland of Affirmative Action, and a white male without a PhD has a really difficult time finding work here in the nation&#39;s capital.

P. S. If you truly want a better undstanding of America&#39;s Faithful Christians, you should visit Betty Bowers

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ChimeraTX+Jun 14 2005, 07:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChimeraTX &#064; Jun 14 2005, 07:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Jun 14 2005, 02:44 PM
Basically, if you&#39;re not white, hetero and male, someone is trying to fuck with your rights right now, and if you are, you think you&#39;re getting the shaft bacuse you&#39;re being told to share.
[post=320566]Quoted post[/post]​

Try tall, blue-eyed, Anglo-Saxon, American, middle class, conservative, heterosexual; everyone in the world hates me.
[post=320570]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Well, except that you have great advantages at job hunting, getting approved for loans, being paid attention to in school. Police will probably respond to your calls and you likely don&#39;t live in fear for your safety because of your race. If you&#39;ve ever experienced racism at all (doubtful), you are probably quite indignant about your tiny little experience as compared to what other people deal with as their daily life. "Everyone hates you?" Hardly&#33;

Personally I think tall blonde guys look cool, I just dislike white supremecists with persecution complexes.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by ChimeraTX@Jun 14 2005, 07:49 PM
Try tall, blue-eyed, Anglo-Saxon, American, middle class, conservative, heterosexual; everyone in the world hates me.
[post=320570]Quoted post[/post]​
missing the point again. nobody hates you cos of any of that stuff; they hate you cos you&#39;re full of shit.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Listen, I sure wasn&#39;t trying to get the race issue started again with YOU of all people, Chimera, I was just saying that overall you have more advantages than disadvantages being white. I have more advantages being of mixed race but still light-skinned than a dark-skinned black person. These are just obvious, no need to argue for what isn&#39;t there. Acting ignorant to the facts makes white people look more racist than some probably are. Once again, it&#39;s "my tiny little problem" being compared to years of persecution and societal acceptance of said- doesn&#39;t add up.

Supportive Female, where do we sign up? :D

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I&#39;m just surprised by the list. The Jews AND the Palestinians? Indians AND Pakistanis? Iraqis AND Iranians? Why not throw in Koreans and Armenians just to complement the Japanese and Turks?

BTW, isn&#39;t hater an ebonics word?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Supportive Female@Jun 14 2005, 05:18 PM
Hmmm...

This means enlightened females could kill off all the homophobes, without compunction.

Hmmm...
[post=320610]Quoted post[/post]​
Only if he makes the moves on ya, babe. This is the "panic" defense I started this thread about. Matthew supposedly makes a move on this guy (I don&#39;t recall if the testimony stated he actually touched the guy) so the guy and a few of his buddies lead Matthew on, convince him to go for a ride, they torture him and crucify him on a fence out in the middle of nowhere. But according to the defense attorney, it was justified because the homosexual advances caused his client to panic.

Now, if these homophobes proposition you in a bar, or even buy you a drink or ask you to dance, well, then, I suppose you would be justified in torturing them or just outright killing them. Oh, I&#39;ve got it. Mace him in the parking lot... while he is writhing in agony, quickly tie a rope around his ankle, the other end to your bumper, and take the long route home. No, wait, that one was borrowed from a racial crime.

I read a local gay publication, The Washington Blade (also published other places, with the city name plus Blade) and I am terribly dismayed at the number of hate crime murders reported in it every week - and the number of murderers who use the panic defense - and the repugnantly minimal sentences these freaks get. The point I am really trying to make is that, although I find murder to be horrendous, it does occur... I just want to see some woman try to use the panic defense, not in the case of domestic violence, just in general. See if the courts truly believe in the 14th Amendment "equal protection under the law."

GottaBigOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I&#39;m gonna have to go against the grain here. I think its totally justified to kill a queer whos trying to hit on a straight guy. I mean come on&#33; This fucking faggot is making this poor defenseless staright guy question his masculinity and sexual identity, the bastards. It is a far worse crime to call into question someone&#39;s sense of machismo than to off a fucking butt-pirate. Those fuckers should burn their ass-poking dicks off&#33; Hrggggghhh, i fucking HATE fags&#33; what with their cute little asses shaking to and fro in front of my eyes, their fucking cute little lips that look so inviting&#33; ahhhh We need to kill all those dick-teasing ass-cakes&#33;

Supportive Female

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by DC_DEEP+Jun 14 2005, 07:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Jun 14 2005, 07:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Supportive Female@Jun 14 2005, 05:18 PM
Hmmm...

This means enlightened females could kill off all the homophobes, without compunction.

Hmmm...
Only if he makes the moves on ya, babe.
[post=320657]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Please don&#39;t buzzkill my fantasy&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

I&#39;m cleaning and oiling my M-16 right now....I save the Uzi for big jobs. :evilgrin:

Just curious: where do homophobes like to hang out? :evilgrin:

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jun 14 2005, 02:29 PM
Look out. Kids with persecution complexes like to bring guns to school.
[post=320638]Quoted post[/post]​
Randian heroes.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Supportive Female+Jun 14 2005, 08:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supportive Female &#064; Jun 14 2005, 08:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@Jun 14 2005, 07:19 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Supportive Female
@Jun 14 2005, 05:18 PM
Hmmm...

Hmmm...

Only if he makes the moves on ya, babe.
[post=320657]Quoted post[/post]​

Please don&#39;t buzzkill my fantasy&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

I&#39;m cleaning and oiling my M-16 right now....I save the Uzi for big jobs. :evilgrin:

Just curious: where do homophobes like to hang out? :evilgrin:
[post=320666]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
LOL if I answer that one for ya, sweetheart, I&#39;ll have the fundies skipping the "moves" part, and snatching your M-16 and shooting me point blank...

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by GottaBigOne@Jun 14 2005, 07:37 PM
I&#39;m gonna have to go against the grain here. I think its totally justified to kill a queer whos trying to hit on a straight guy. I mean come on&#33; This fucking faggot is making this poor defenseless staright guy question his masculinity and sexual identity, the bastards. It is a far worse crime to call into question someone&#39;s sense of machismo than to off a fucking butt-pirate. Those fuckers should burn their ass-poking dicks off&#33; Hrggggghhh, i fucking HATE fags&#33; what with their cute little asses shaking to and fro in front of my eyes, their fucking cute little lips that look so inviting&#33; ahhhh We need to kill all those dick-teasing ass-cakes&#33;
[post=320661]Quoted post[/post]​
So when youse an me is hangin out drinkin a cold one, I can&#39;t shake my cute little ass or show you my inviting, cute, luscious lips? Youse take all the fun out&#33;

"Stupid, sexy Flanders&#33;" - Homer Simpson