They Ain't So Great!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got rigor mortis inbetween my legs looking at your gallery milf :redface:

The twins in The Shining really scared me! It is a great film. Film is also an anagram of milf...hmm. Coincidence? I think not.

I think a lot of American TV shows are overrated too. Trya Banks Show and everyone else's show. And the 'dramas' eg Prison Break...

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The Shining... Jack Nicholson was good in it. So were the twins on the tricycles - there's something kink-ily symbolic in that.

But Shelly Whatsherface (the chick who played Olive Oil) completely ruined it. Book was waaaaaaaaaaay better.

That's because the book focused on the little boy and his "gift" and the movie focused on Jack Nicholson's character. Stephen King said he thought the movie did not represent the book well even though the cinematography was good. I did enjoy the cinematography myself but not much else.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's because the book focused on the little boy and his "gift" and the movie focused on Jack Nicholson's character. Stephen King said he thought the movie did not represent the book well even though the cinematography was good. I did enjoy the cinematography myself but not much else.
None the less a very good movie. Simply stark and spind chilling.

LargeJohnson

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I know it's somewhat cliched to mention Bono in these kinda lists, but he can't be left of a list of "they ain't so great".
So here's me adding Bono as a self important douche and U2 as the most overrated band in history to this list

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Did you listen to the clips I attached? There was no emotive ability or quality either! He sounded half asleep and seemed to stumble through the song.

PS here is the video:

YouTube - Michael Buble Sings "Me and Mrs Jones" Live on TMS

That wasn't as bad as I thought, but I do prefer the original Billy Paul version.

YouTube - Me And Mrs Jones /Billy Paul

I just found Daryl Hall's version. It is excellent and a hell of a lot better than Buble. :cool: Thanks SLB. I never knew Daryl Hall sang that. I need to get on youtube more often.

YouTube - Me & Mrs Jones - Daryl Hall

I know it's somewhat cliched to mention Bono in these kinda lists, but he can't be left of a list of "they ain't so great".
So here's me adding Bono as a self important douche and U2 as the most overrated band in history to this list

I love Bono's voice! :smile:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow! Thanks Italian. I only have the audio of it. Couldn't find any Hall & Oates videos on youtube when I looked before.

I'll watch it now. There's also an AMAZING live of So Close stripped down acoustic, I forget the album it was on but its great and not the Live on the Behind The Music album.

Anyway yes, Michael Buble ain't that great. He was on X Factor tonight. He has a really quiet voice and only ever seems to sing 'safe'. Nothing special from what I've seen.

With Daryl you can hear how supple and trained his voice is, it flows. Unlike Buble's which is stilted and has more stops and starts.

Off to watch that video! :cool:

Grazie

EDIT: Its a different version to the one I have...still good though!

YouTube - Hall & Oates - You Are Everything -- (Stylistics)

I like this too, and The Stylistics, especially Have You Seen Her!

Thanks Italian you made my night! :D

YouTube - Daryl Hall- Someone Like You 1986 Live

:eek:

YouTube - Hall and Oates "Sara Smile" Live - July 4th 2007

:eek: :eek:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Dave Matthew's Band
Nickelback
Britney Spears
Justin Timberlake
Colin Farrel
the new James Bond guy that looks like a giant baby
The Beatles
Elvis Presley
Alecia Keys
Michael Bay
Jerry Bruckheimer
Paris Hilton
Regis Philbin
Sean Hannity
Rush Limbaugh
Bill O'Reilly
Ryan Seacrest
David Letterman
Jay Leno
Conan O'Brien
Howard Stern
Barbara Walters
Larry King
Al Franken
Michael Moore
Oprah Winfrey
Dr. Phil
Dr. Laura
Joan Rivers
Hayden Christiansen
Dean Devlin
Roland Emmerich
Julianne Moore
Carson Daly
Vanna White
Dane Cook
Ryan Reynolds
Kevin Smith
Stephen King
Pink
Beyonce Knowles
Stanley Kubrick
Tom Cruise
Richard Gere
DMX
Linkin Park
Jessica Simpson
David Blaine

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow! Thanks Italian. I only have the audio of it. Couldn't find any Hall & Oates videos on youtube when I looked before.

I'll watch it now. There's also an AMAZING live of So Close stripped down acoustic, I forget the album it was on but its great and not the Live on the Behind The Music album.

Anyway yes, Michael Buble ain't that great. He was on X Factor tonight. He has a really quiet voice and only ever seems to sing 'safe'. Nothing special from what I've seen.

With Daryl you can hear how supple and trained his voice is, it flows. Unlike Buble's which is stilted and has more stops and starts.

Off to watch that video! :cool:

Grazie

EDIT: Its a different version to the one I have...still good though!

I typed in "me and mrs jones daryl" and up it came! :cool:

I should add to the list. I don't like Tim McGraw. I think he's just a so-so country singer who got by on his last name and the ladies like his looks.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In spite of both Kubrick and King making my personal list above, and not being a fan of horror films in general, I actually like The Shining.

I saw Stephen King's THE MIST the other evening. That movie was very scary. The ending was very dramatic too. :eek:
I saw the second trailer to the movie CLOVERFIELD. I got to see that movie. :smile:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't like the main stars of or the movie SUPERBAD. How in the hell was that EVER a great movie? Also that movie KNOCKED UP. What in the fuck is Hollywood thinking?

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Interesting list NIC, and I agree with most of your choices except I like The Beatles, a little Elvis, O'Reilly, Leno, Larry King and Oprah are okay, Joan Rivers was good 20-25 years ago, and I like Stephen King, but not all his work. Although I don't care for Vanna White, I think she is the American dream. She became a multimillionaire turning letters--only in America. And when that got too much she started touching the letters. They could get rid of her altogether and just have the letters light up when they're called, but everyone loves her. :rolleyes:

I saw Stephen King's THE MIST the other evening. That movie was very scary. The ending was very dramatic too. :eek:

I saw it too. Loved it.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I saw the second trailer to the movie CLOVERFIELD. I got to see that movie. :smile:

The ending to the Mist was good? Did they change it for the movie? One of my problems with Stephen King as an author is that he never seems able to find an ending for his stories.

I also have no clue what the fascination was over the first Cloverfield trailer. So there was some shaky Blair Witch camera work, some pyrotechnics, and the Statue of Liberty's face falling off. whoopee. Why were people so excited about this based on absolutely nothing else? Is the 2nd trailer something that actually gives any indication what the movie is about?

sweatyblackballs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Did you listen to the clips I attached? There was no emotive ability or quality either! He sounded half asleep and seemed to stumble through the song.

PS here is the video:

YouTube - Michael Buble Sings "Me and Mrs Jones" Live on TMS

Yes I did. I have seen it before and he is following in the same vein as many song masters who went before him such as Sinatra and Dean Martin, whose demeanour belied their hold of a song. His approach is highly stylistic and yet very natural. You clealry lack an understanding of jazz, blues or soul music to extend such immature commentary