This is why lpsg meetups are a bad idea

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Yup, like I said above, the meeting is via the internet is irrelevant. These people had underlying issues. Also, what I left out in my post was that I think the title of this thread is a bit unfair, or over-extrapolated. That is, if it was just "...why INTERNET meetups...", instead of transference to LPSG, then I could find a bit more lenience to get on board with the "cautionary tale" aspect. However, the title somewhat takes it that one step further to indict the community that some of us have actually built amongst each other here. As I wrote above, I've met a couple people from here, and there's still a good handful that (all online flirting aside) I'd have no reservation in meeting. Do I "really know them"? No. But I *do* feel as though I have a decent sense of them, and I'm also not living in some delusional fantasy world where I think that if I did meet them that we'd live "happily ever after" either.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yup, like I said above, the meeting is via the internet is irrelevant. These people had underlying issues. Also, what I left out in my post was that I think the title of this thread is a bit unfair, or over-extrapolated. That is, if it was just "...why INTERNET meetups...", instead of transference to LPSG, then I could find a bit more lenience to get on board with the "cautionary tale" aspect. However, the title somewhat takes it that one step further to indict the community that some of us have actually built amongst each other here. As I wrote above, I've met a couple people from here, and there's still a good handful that (all online flirting aside) I'd have no reservation in meeting. Do I "really know them"? No. But I *do* feel as though I have a decent sense of them, and I'm also not living in some delusional fantasy world where I think that if I did meet them that we'd live "happily ever after" either.

I'm glad that I got to meet all four of the people that I've met from this site. I've met two very beautiful ladies and two very nice gentlemen and in general had a great time with each of them.
I've met tons of people from the internet from other places outside of LPSG, and in general have to agree with novice.
That said, I probably AM more cynical of anybody I meet at this site. Let's face it, it's kind of a bullshit site, and has way more than its fair share of bullshitters. If there is one valuable lesson to be extracted from the linked article about dealing with people on the internet it's that you should always be wary, and don't trust anyone just because they send you multiple pictures or talk to you on the phone or mail you a g-string or come up with some very elaborate story.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I think what I find rather psychopathic is the fact this guy thought he was actualkly going to have a shot at this teen. I remember when an Executive Vice President for Utilicorp picked up a 15 year old online, flew to Florida to "hook up" with her, got off the plane and was greeted by your friendly FBI decoy operation team.

Unbelievable.
He got pwnd haha...

But yes unnerving... there is some guy trying to convince me to let him fly me down to Chicago for a weekend to dominate him... I laugh out loud every time he asks me...

Captain Elephant

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In the interest of full disclosure let me state outright that I am not an elephant. My penis is well under 12", however, there is no Somewhat Large Penis Support Group available, therefore, I am relegated to this group.

But like I warned my nephews a few years back, online I'm a 14-year-old nymphomaniac from Delaware. Beware.

Kenyth

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Scary...

This is probably why sometimes it is better to be part of a small community.

I only use this dating website back home, the population is rather small, especially the gay population, so everyone on it have to be pretty much honest about who they are, as they are often the people you bump into in the real scene anyway. Its a good tool for those too shy to talk to people they like in real life so they can pvt their crush etc.

I don't think I will ever use an international dating website, long distance relationship aren't feasible to me anyway, I only really want to date people within my own locality anyway, so you can actually meet up.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
.....I only use this dating website back home, the population is rather small, especially the gay population, so everyone on it have to be pretty much honest about who they are, as they are often the people you bump into in the real scene anyway. Its a good tool for those too shy to talk to people they like in real life so they can pvt their crush etc.

That's a great way to do it. If you are shy or nervous you can get to know the person online and be honest about what you think and who you are before actually meeting, and you can contact others who know them.

Ive only met up with one guy i met online, unfortantly he turned out to be exactly who and what he said he was.

Big disapointmentt :frown1:

Lee, I'm confused. :confused: If he was exactly who and what he said he was and you didn't like that, why did you meet him?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Scary...

This is probably why sometimes it is better to be part of a small community.

I only use this dating website back home, the population is rather small, especially the gay population, so everyone on it have to be pretty much honest about who they are, as they are often the people you bump into in the real scene anyway. Its a good tool for those too shy to talk to people they like in real life so they can pvt their crush etc.

I don't think I will ever use an international dating website, long distance relationship aren't feasible to me anyway, I only really want to date people within my own locality anyway, so you can actually meet up.

Well, my girlfriend just is in her third week of her visit with her online beaux who is over in the UK. I cant wait for her to return so I can find out how this actually worked for her.

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I only said LPSG because that is where I posted it, and because there seem to be constant requests for meetups here.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not the least bit worried about Internet meetups, whether it's on LPSG or anywhere else.

I've already met diamond from here, and I'm supposed to meet with vinnyc and titan1968 on Saturday for drinks. I'm really looking forward to meeting wldhoney also. So far so good, I love meeting new people and to me, chatting online with peeps is only the first step - my ultimate goal is always to meet people I get along great online face-to-face. That's why I have to disagree with arliss and agree with Gillette - to me, it's NOT a game, I'm the same person on here as I am in real life and it's true that if you have doubts about someone you're chatting with, it's probably better not to meet face-to-face, especially in the case of women.

The Internet is a tool to meet people in real life, at least that's what it is to me.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
It seems the majority here think online romance is A-OK. That stories like this are merely anecdotal.

I guess I need to tell the kids to shitcan my lessons about wariness.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
It seems the majority here think online romance is A-OK. That stories like this are merely anecdotal.

I guess I need to tell the kids to shitcan my lessons about wariness.
Yup, that's exactly what we meant. :rolleyes:

No, I think what, at least *I* am trying to say, is that the world in general is a place where you should be wary. Don't confine your wariness to one select place, and act like that's the ONLY place where bad things can happen. Further, don't assume that one place in the world is ALWAYS going to have bad things happen.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It seems the majority here think online romance is A-OK. That stories like this are merely anecdotal.​

I guess I need to tell the kids to shitcan my lessons about wariness.​

Yup, that's exactly what we meant. :rolleyes:

No, I think what, at least *I* am trying to say, is that the world in general is a place where you should be wary. Don't confine your wariness to one select place, and act like that's the ONLY place where bad things can happen. Further, don't assume that one place in the world is ALWAYS going to have bad things happen.

QFT. The cautionary tales of internet evils should not be ignored but paranoia is unnecessary. One can use common sense on the internet just like any other area in life.