What Runs in Your Family?

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
alzheimer's is the only thing that runs in my family (from my mom's side). both sides are cancer, diabetes, and disease free. most people who have passed away in my family (aside from my lovely grandmother who died of alzheimer's) have died of old age.

on the other hand, my family is blessed with other good things... everyone has nice, thick, straight hair, straight teeth, and most of the women on my dad's side have big boobs. i'm just sayin... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Do noses count?

There's a history of heart disease on both sides of my family and type-I diabetes on one.

My dad's got all his hair in his 70s and his dad died in his 80s with a full head of hair. Most of the men on my mother's side lost their hair in their teens and 20s. That's the side with the chest hair too. I seem to be in the middle though. I've still got all my hair and have more body hair than my dad and any four of his brothers put together.

Most of my family are pretty tall too. I'm looked on as a bit of a short-arse at 6'2". The tallest of my male cousins is about 6'9", although his teenage son's giving him a run for his money. The tallest female is 6'4".

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Sleep disorders, Angina, Arthritis, Hyderadenitis Superativa, Alcoholism, Passive Aggression. Actually a plethora of Homozygous traits. Individualism, and sense of humour.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hmm, but there must be some positive traits being passed down to us by our ancestors, surely?

On my mom's side, several cases of breast cancer (Mom included), but not much else other than tempers to be feared.

Dad's side is distinguishable for their positive traits. Calm personalities. Outstanding teeth (never heard of a cavity on that side of the family, and I've never had one either). Webbed toes (bro and I kicked ass in high school swimming).

Both sides tend to live into their late 80's to mid 90's.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i am the only one in my family, either side, with red hair and green eyes. mutation gives me hope.

Another recessive gene recipient here.

The women in my family (paternal and maternal) live well into their 80's and 90's. My great-grandmother died at 101. The men usually kick over from cancer or heart disease around 50 or so.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Epilepsy, gall stones, arthritis, kidney and intestinal problems, depression blond hair/blue eyes (I'm quite the black sheep), calm and relaxed behaviour from my mom's side, explosive, short-fused anger on my dad's, and a bit of crazy on both sides.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Old age. All our elders on both sides live into their late eighties and nineties.
This means you have to plan ahead and have enough money to survive a long retirement. :cool:

Media
longevity, both sides of my family are creative people, music and art. One distant cousin is a San Francisco based fashion designer. We have depression, hypertension, migraines (I am the mayor of migraine town) all the good stuff! My mother's side of the family came from Quebec somewhere and my dad's family came from England and others on his side were Choctaw Indian. So we get rosacea and dry winter skin easily. (the Anglo curse)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Epilepsy, gall stones, arthritis, kidney and intestinal problems, depression blond hair/blue eyes (I'm quite the black sheep), calm and relaxed behaviour from my mom's side, explosive, short-fused anger on my dad's, and a bit of crazy on both sides.
Well since you are nothing like them, perhaps you are adopted. As a child I used to fantasize that I had been switched at birth because I am so very different from everyone on both sides of my family.:redface:

Old age. All our elders on both sides live into their late eighties and nineties.
This means you have to plan ahead and have enough money to survive a long retirement. :cool:
Doesn't everyone do this anyway? :confused: I mean you just never know.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Diabetes, high blood pressure, digestive disorders (the only cancer cases we have are stomach, esophageal and colon) among other things.

Oh- and incredibly good looks. The men put Sean Connery and a young Art Carney (among thousands upon thousands of others)to shame and the women put Leslie Caron and Bernadette Peters (among millions of others) to shame. I'm so good looking that when my picture is to be taken the cameraperson is thrown into a trance and forgets to click.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very few of these diseases are hereditary.

High blood pressure, type II diabetes, cancer, etc., are all LIFESTYLE diseases. You don't "catch" them from your family.

CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE, including dumping all that meat and dairy.

And don't argue with me. Buy and read "The China Study" which is the largest and most scientific study done on diet and disease.

Sexy and wise!

This is true. Although some people are predisposed to Type II diabetes it will only "activate" when the person is overweight/unfit. Otherwise it will be dormant.

If you are in fair physical shape and if you eat properly then you greatly reduce the risk of cancer. Eating natural produce and organic ingreedients is the way to go.

Last edited:

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Although some people are predisposed to Type II diabetes it will only "activate" when the person is overweight/unfit. Otherwise it will be dormant.

Not necessarily true. Adult onset diabetes runs in my family, and only a few of them were overweight\unfit. We also seem to be predisposed to affective disorder (depression), cancer, alzheimer's, stroke, astigmatism and prematurely gray hair. Height (6'2"+ for men, 5'8"+ for women) and blue eyes predominate. There also seem to be a lot of athletes among my relatives.