Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I
Actually, I'm not particularly interested in what people think about me.

Some years ago, people thought that I was immature because I had decided not to ingest ethanol. Others thought that I was anti-social because I declined to join them in smoking. It's amazing how many people think that they have mental telepathy and are able to discern the thoughts and motives of others.

I agree with almost everything you said. I can see you have a better understanding than I thought and probably have a better understanding about the history of civil rights than most.

That being said you should know the only way civil rights occurred because it had to be advocated for whether it was volient or peaceful. I agree with you that it won't die out. Just look at the proud boys or many of these mass shooters. Ideology can be passed down. We have to be vigilant and fight it at every turn because racism, manipulation through religion, xeno and homophobia will not just go away on their own.

White people challenging white America is the best way to achieve this. Minorities already know the deal. It's those not in those groups that need disillusionment. There will be way less violence in the streets when a majority white protest is occurring for Eric garner or Freddie gray. There will be less get over its if a white coworker stands up for a coworker that is told their hair is unprofessional because it's not a eurocentric hair style.

White people, ironically, are the key to defeating racism in America.

greg_ca

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Agree with the post above, especially the last part. Things won’t improve until we white people get our heads out of our asses and admit that racism is real, decide that it’s a problem, and prioritize stopping it. Maybe outright, explicit discrimination has waned slightly over decades, but it still exists. And implicit bias against POC is rampant even among white progressives. We are all a product of a society that favors whites in visible and invisible/subtle ways. Yet credible polls indicate that a majority of whites believe that discrimination *against whites* exist. That rhetoric is fanned by DJT and other Republican morons. What is perceived as racism against whites is merely anxiety about the erosion of the ability to snap up all social advantages/resources at the expense of POC. We white people have a ton of work to do in this area if we want the US to be the land of equality and justice that we pretend it is. Waiting isn’t good enough.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I

I agree with almost everything you said. I can see you have a better understanding than I thought and probably have a better understanding about the history of civil rights than most.

That being said you should know the only way civil rights occurred because it had to be advocated for whether it was volient or peaceful. I agree with you that it won't die out. Just look at the proud boys or many of these mass shooters. Ideology can be passed down. We have to be vigilant and fight it at every turn because racism, manipulation through religion, xeno and homophobia will not just go away on their own.

White people challenging white America is the best way to achieve this. Minorities already know the deal. It's those not in those groups that need disillusionment. There will be way less violence in the streets when a majority white protest is occurring for Eric garner or Freddie gray. There will be less get over its if a white coworker stands up for a coworker that is told their hair is unprofessional because it's not a eurocentric hair style.

White people, ironically, are the key to defeating racism in America.

I have a very strong sense of fair play and social justice. That may be partly because all through high school I was heavily bullied. Unfortunately many people who are bullied become bullies themselves when that a becomes possible. With me, the effect was exactly the opposite. I knew what it felt like to be unfairly treated.

I experienced one shocking incident in a train staton in St. Paul. I was a boarding school preppy and returning to school after winter vacation. In the train station a black man and white man were conversing. I overheard an older woman say, "He should not be talking to that black man." I was shocked but at only 17 years old did not know how to respond, so I didn't.

The American history I studied as a senior omitted too much. Even so, I think that the teacher went as far as he dared. I'm sure that part of the problem was that the school was heavily dependent on donations from alumni. However, that did not prevent the teacher from assigning us to write an essay titled "The South is Still Fighting the Civil War". Until I was about 24 years old I had never even heard of lynching. I heard about that for the first time from the president of the local chapter of the NAACP who was working for the same company for which I was working. I was shocked and at first didn't even believe that such a thing could have occurred in the U. S.

I have spoken up many times to object to inappropriate and unfair attitudes even risking a hostile response to do so. I cannot take credit for doing so; it doesn't seem to be voluntary. Fortunately we have progressed considerably, but there is still a long way to go. Progress usually occurs two steps forward then one step back, repeat over and over. It seems that we have now taken one step back so now I hope that we can take two or more steps forward. But as we know, the steps forward will not occur without a strong push.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Agree with the post above, especially the last part. Things won’t improve until we white people get our heads out of our asses and admit that racism is real, decide that it’s a problem, and prioritize stopping it. Maybe outright, explicit discrimination has waned slightly over decades, but it still exists. And implicit bias against POC is rampant even among white progressives. We are all a product of a society that favors whites in visible and invisible/subtle ways. Yet credible polls indicate that a majority of whites believe that discrimination *against whites* exist. That rhetoric is fanned by DJT and other Republican morons. What is perceived as racism against whites is merely anxiety about the erosion of the ability to snap up all social advantages/resources at the expense of POC. We white people have a ton of work to do in this area if we want the US to be the land of equality and justice that we pretend it is. Waiting isn’t good enough.

Unfortunately many people feel threatened by people different from themselves; I don't. Before I retired I worked with all kinds of people including people from Malaysia, Taiwan, India, etc. Also Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, atheists, and agnostics. From 1994 to 2004 I lived in Fiji where I was in a very tiny minority; it didn't matter. Hugging a black person doesn't feel any different from hugging a white person. We are much more alike than we are different. I just wish people would get over their fears and treat everyone fairly.

When I was living in Fiji there was a coup in the year 2000 during which the duly elected democratic government was thrown out. The two ethnic groups, i.e., indigenous Fijians and Fijians of ancestry from India, would get along just fine if politicians didn't do what they often do the world over, i.e., turn people against each other. In some areas, the indigenous Fijians turned against the Indo-Fijians and destroyed their property. But in areas where the two groups lived closely together, that didn't occur. It seems clear that part of the answer is to encourage social mixing.

What was really shocking was shown on TV: Indigenous Fijians marching through Suva (the capital), burning and looting, while singing Christian humans. I tried to stop it. The telephone directory listed fax numbers separately from voice numbers. That enabled me to send a fax to every Christian church and organization in the country. I pointed out that what was occurring was totally unacceptable and that they must take immediate action to stop it. It didn't work; I had put myself at risk for nothing but fortunately nothing happened to me. It caused me to have a very negative attitude towards people who make a big point of being Christian yet ignore social injustices.

Years ago I got to the point of being more concerned with how people treat each other than with what their religion is; I think that God would agree.

jujube

Cherished Member
Media

is it truth ?
1. No, this is not a truthful statement according to my personal experience. Compared to my lived experience, it reminds me much more of the "Chinpokomon" episode of South Park, though who has parodied whom is unclear.

2. More importantly, what really bothers me about this is the dearth of men who openly state their distaste for women of the sort who appear in this video. It makes me doubt the character of people in general.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Thanks.
It's been literally seven minutes since I saw the exact same pictures in another thread. And a few hours after the time before that.

Please continue flooding the forum. Everyone wants to see your cock constantly.

wizard1

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Unfortunately many people feel threatened by people different from themselves; I don't. Before I retired I worked with all kinds of people including people from Malaysia, Taiwan, India, etc. Also Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, atheists, and agnostics. From 1994 to 2004 I lived in Fiji where I was in a very tiny minority; it didn't matter. Hugging a black person doesn't feel any different from hugging a white person. We are much more alike than we are different. I just wish people would get over their fears and treat everyone fairly.

When I was living in Fiji there was a coup in the year 2000 during which the duly elected democratic government was thrown out. The two ethnic groups, i.e., indigenous Fijians and Fijians of ancestry from India, would get along just fine if politicians didn't do what they often do the world over, i.e., turn people against each other. In some areas, the indigenous Fijians turned against the Indo-Fijians and destroyed their property. But in areas where the two groups lived closely together, that didn't occur. It seems clear that part of the answer is to encourage social mixing.

What was really shocking was shown on TV: Indigenous Fijians marching through Suva (the capital), burning and looting, while singing Christian humans. I tried to stop it. The telephone directory listed fax numbers separately from voice numbers. That enabled me to send a fax to every Christian church and organization in the country. I pointed out that what was occurring was totally unacceptable and that they must take immediate action to stop it. It didn't work; I had put myself at risk for nothing but fortunately nothing happened to me. It caused me to have a very negative attitude towards people who make a big point of being Christian yet ignore social injustices.

Years ago I got to the point of being more concerned with how people treat each other than with what their religion is; I think that God would agree.
Perhaps you missed the point of this Fijian coup. When the British left the land belonged to the natives. Their right to the land was embedded in their constitution. It became apparent that east Indians would have a majority in parliament allowing them to change the constitution to permit the land to be sold to non natives. General Rabooka and his son led the protest. Now you know the rest of the story.,.

Reactions: FRE

BigdongSE

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks! I haven't lived here long, so I'm realistically just being an impatient bitch lol
All good! Haha I see, well I've been living in this small town my whole life and I still haven't got any :) what you are looking for will come in time :)