Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
On social media, Mr Nolch posted about Ms Dixon’s death.

"The mainstream media is running a brainwashing program which is designed to make everyone think that males are bad," he wrote.

He claimed that Ms Dixon's death was being used as an excuse to expand government powers, create a police state and bring down men’s rights.

Of course he did. Stupid is as stupid does.
Well, FFS. Idiot.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't you hate it when the underwire in your cheap Target bra pokes out
Target bras. I loved them. When I was very overweight, I wore a 42DD, and they carried that size, but they do not carry my current size. I miss $10 bras. Underwire pokes out? Well, then I'm a little sad, as I usually bought three styles of the matching panty. But, I'll get a new one, and three new panties.

When I spend $60 or more on a bra I'm far more upset when the underwire pokes me.

Ever see someone rage quit a video game? It's like that. I rage quit a bra. LOL

D

deleted924715

Interpersonal communication is a funny thing

I tend to like men who don't pander to me and good naturedly rib/poke fun at me - I can give as good as I get and I like to laugh. The good natured element is key. There's something so attractive about a leashed display of power either intellectual or physical. The glimpse of what he *could* do but chooses not to. I feel the same way about physical strength.

I wonder if "negging" and all the online "alpha" bullshit is guys getting that kind of dynamic really really wrong? Because that shit doesn't work on me at all and I can smell it a mile away...

I tend to like men who don't pander to me and good naturedly rib/poke fun at me - I can give as good as I get and I like to laugh. The good natured element is key. There's something so attractive about a leashed display of power either intellectual or physical. The glimpse of what he *could* do but chooses not to. I feel the same way about physical strength.

I wonder if "negging" and all the online "alpha" bullshit is guys getting that kind of dynamic really really wrong? Because that shit doesn't work on me at all and I can smell it a mile away...

Same and I get it a lot.
Being a wee tiny thing they truly don't expect a pure reptile below
the surface.
They learn the hard way.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

There's a huge difference between being manipulative and entitled and being comfortable enough with someone to drop playful barbs.

There's also lacking the art. One thing a lot of men I drop quickly tend to have in common is they nickname me Bighead. These are all men who are smart enough to realize making fun of me will signal a certain level of intimacy, but not bright enough to figure out how. Calling me Bighead just sounds stupid to me. Wordplay, irony, and absurdist jokes are far more welcome to me, and require intelligence to fly correctly.

My ex outweighs me by over 100 pounds, and has almost a foot of height on me. He's also an excellent martial artist, and my sporadic training has me mediocre at best. He slips it into conversations (sometimes when it's just us, but also sometimes in company) that I beat him with cast iron pans. I'll thank him for something, and he'll say, "No problem. You know I'll do anything to avoid the frying pan beatings." It's hilarious because it's pretty much impossible for me to actually hurt him. I once punched him as hard as I could. It was a reflex when he wouldn't stop tickling me. I didn't even move his face. My hardest punch didn't matter at all to him. So any jokes about me beating him up are absurd and funny. He also jokes about the time I salted the cookies. The time I made cookie puddle. This cake that was supposed to be a pineapple, and just was a wet, golden pile of cake pop mix. He'll wait for me to get myself a ladder, and as I start to climb, casually do the high up thing. I love that jerk.

Another ex used to joke that he was the pretty one. Hed also wrestle me, and never ever let me win, and boast about handing me my ass yet again. The one time I was winning, he pretended I had hurt his testicles, and then pinned me while I was trying to tend to his fake injuries. He got a lot of comedy mileage out of that. He also used to tease me about being unable to fit in if I ever open my mouth in the hood.

I have also been the butt of many practical jokes.

It's all in fun. It's all more effort than simple name calling, and not manipulative and mean-spirited like negging.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Target bras. I loved them. When I was very overweight, I wore a 42DD, and they carried that size, but they do not carry my current size. I miss $10 bras. Underwire pokes out? Well, then I'm a little sad, as I usually bought three styles of the matching panty. But, I'll get a new one, and three new panties.

When I spend $60 or more on a bra I'm far more upset when the underwire pokes me.

Ever see someone rage quit a video game? It's like that. I rage quit a bra. LOL
I’d love to see that! That just makes me laugh!

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
SO disgusted...recently a local man was arrested for taking upskirt photos at a local Target. Placed his phone on the ground and recorded a woman in the dressing rooms. When he was arrested it was discovered he had THOUSANDS of photos and videos taken without consent (dressing rooms, grocery store, places like that) AND the kicker is his female accomplice was arrested when it was discovered she told him to send her everything and erase from his phone so HE wouldn't get in trouble.

Glad to see police in the area taking this seriously though. I hope he gets prison time.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In high school, I read a play, the name of which escapes me. The main character was a woman. The setting was the home of a poor family in an era during which women generally did not work. This woman's husband worked hard, but did not earn enough to provide for the level of comfort she dreamed of. She had catalogs and swatches, and dreamed of renovating and redecorating her home, so it would be a place she was very proud to maintain and play hostess to guests. By the end of the play, because she always talked so much about her dreams for the home, relatives and friends pooled resources, and made every single change she'd always hoped for, with one minor exception. The fabric on a wall paper or upholstery of some piece of furniture was only available a shade or two more pale of a yellow than in her fantasy. They sent her away, upgraded the whole home based on her plans, and brought her back. She didn't notice. So, confused, they began to mention the re-design. All she said was she wasn't sure why that one yellow bit had suddenly faded. To the audience, it becomes apparent that after years of frustration, she had begun to see her home as the fantasy home. Total break from reality.

This has haunted me for decades. Is it sad? Is it sad that she cannot properly appreciate what was done for her? Or is it darkly beautiful that in the face of impossible dreams, she created the world she wanted in her mind, and was quite happy? On a deep level I have always been disturbed by the resolution of this play.

I am, slowly but surely (because my income and schedule demand a slow pace) renovating my house. I look forward to someday looking at every detail, knowing that I took beautiful bones and fleshed out a flawless body, and that I did it by my own hard work obtaining resources, and by the sweat of my own brow, and force of my own hands. I look forward to some future appraisal, and finding that my ideas have raised the value of the property beyond what I paid for the house, and the improvements. I look forward to fostering (and perhaps adopting) young people here, and providing them with luxury, peace, and beauty beyond their hopes and experiences. But for now, my main financial priority is providing for my own future, my comfortable retirement, the growth of my business to that end, and renovations are slow as a result of being lower financial priority, and lower priority as demand on my time. But I need to be mindful not to ever fall into the trap of complacency, not to ever let my goals become fantasies, nor lose my mind to them.

I had a dream. My life was being lived in two dimensions, and the one I preferred wasn't real. I can conjure no worse nightmare. I thank my subconscious for proper, and timely motivation.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I can't roll my eyes hard enough when a man can't compliment a woman without comparing her to the ones who piss him off.

So spiteful, so pathetic.

Some men are so fucked up they can't even pay a compliment without being an asshole.

The habit is super passive-aggressive, the supposed compliment is telling you that their esteem is tentative on your being staying in their very small area of approval.

Fuck that noise.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
In high school, I read a play, the name of which escapes me. The main character was a woman. The setting was the home of a poor family in an era during which women generally did not work. This woman's husband worked hard, but did not earn enough to provide for the level of comfort she dreamed of. She had catalogs and swatches, and dreamed of renovating and redecorating her home, so it would be a place she was very proud to maintain and play hostess to guests. By the end of the play, because she always talked so much about her dreams for the home, relatives and friends pooled resources, and made every single change she'd always hoped for, with one minor exception. The fabric on a wall paper or upholstery of some piece of furniture was only available a shade or two more pale of a yellow than in her fantasy. They sent her away, upgraded the whole home based on her plans, and brought her back. She didn't notice. So, confused, they began to mention the re-design. All she said was she wasn't sure why that one yellow bit had suddenly faded. To the audience, it becomes apparent that after years of frustration, she had begun to see her home as the fantasy home. Total break from reality.

This has haunted me for decades. Is it sad? Is it sad that she cannot properly appreciate what was done for her? Or is it darkly beautiful that in the face of impossible dreams, she created the world she wanted in her mind, and was quite happy? On a deep level I have always been disturbed by the resolution of this play.

I am, slowly but surely (because my income and schedule demand a slow pace) renovating my house. I look forward to someday looking at every detail, knowing that I took beautiful bones and fleshed out a flawless body, and that I did it by my own hard work obtaining resources, and by the sweat of my own brow, and force of my own hands. I look forward to some future appraisal, and finding that my ideas have raised the value of the property beyond what I paid for the house, and the improvements. I look forward to fostering (and perhaps adopting) young people here, and providing them with luxury, peace, and beauty beyond their hopes and experiences. But for now, my main financial priority is providing for my own future, my comfortable retirement, the growth of my business to that end, and renovations are slow as a result of being lower financial priority, and lower priority as demand on my time. But I need to be mindful not to ever fall into the trap of complacency, not to ever let my goals become fantasies, nor lose my mind to them.

I had a dream. My life was being lived in two dimensions, and the one I preferred wasn't real. I can conjure no worse nightmare. I thank my subconscious for proper, and timely motivation.

Was that The Yellow Wallpaper?? Based on a short story by Charlotte Gillman

The Yellow Wallpaper - Wikipedia

It's so haunting and sad.