a movie I hate

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The Last Samurai I thought was surprisingly good.

I didn't care much for Cruise in Minority Report, which I felt was overlong and also insulting for the fact that it repeatedly underestimated the intelligence of its audience. (or at least this particular audience member) I also didn't really like him in Top Gun, Days of Thunder, The Firm, Eyes Wide Shut, or the last two Mission Impossible movies. I thought he was good in Jerry Maguire, not bad in Vanilla Sky, and pretty decent in War of the Worlds, though in general I didn't really like that movie.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Another terrible movie I started to watch was called 16 blocks.
It was a Bruce Willis movie and also starred Mos Def. Mos Def's accent is like the character that Damon Wayons played in Living Color that was in a prison and always mispronounced big words.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Another terrible movie I started to watch was called 16 blocks.
It was a Bruce Willis movie and also starred Mos Def. Mos Def's accent is like the character that Damon Wayons played in Living Color that was in a prison and always mispronounced big words.

Allow me to flatulate my intestinal fluidations in my urinations of mentholization.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Allow me to flatulate my intestinal fluidations in my urinations of mentholization.

LOL:biggrin1: I'm glad you know exactly who I'm talking about. Now you have to see 16 blocks. Mos Def uses that same tone and inflection.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

LOL....one of my favorite characters on In Living Color! Along with the Homeboys' Shopping Network, Fire Marshall Bill, and Men on Films! :tongue:

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LOL:biggrin1: I'm glad you know exactly who I'm talking about. Now you have to see 16 blocks. Mos Def uses that same tone and inflection.

I saw it. He does kind of sound goofy with that speech impediment. Neither he nor Willis' finest performance there.

LOL....one of my favorite characters on In Living Color! Along with the Homeboys' Shopping Network, Fire Marshall Bill, and Men on Films! :tongue:

Three snaps up in Z formation... Don't get mad.

Now having said that... *Snatches movie posting key from wldhoney and runs for the door* CAN'T CATCH ME!

huw ginnit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Will Ferrell, who chooses his scripts, his grandmother....why is celluloid wated on him??

Jennifer Lopez. BIG FAT ZERO

Anything that casts Ricky Gervais.... twat on the small screen, bigger screen only makes him a bigger twat- the man is cringe-worthy

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media

No one have ever talked like they do in this film. Persians are not Negroid/black, Xeres proabably did not have a piercing fetish, Spartans kept slaves, the brutality suggested of the young was excessive, the outline of the film veered from known parameters of the known history....

A film intended to act as a recruitment film, and designed to appeal to xenophobic 18-25 year olds who love video games.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is a no brainer for me, Mrs. Doubtfire with Robin Williams and Sally Field. Robin Williams hasn`t been funny since he`s gotten off the coke.:cool:

lafever

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

No one have ever talked like they do in this film. Persians are not Negroid/black, Xeres proabably did not have a piercing fetish, Spartans kept slaves, the brutality suggested of the young was excessive, the outline of the film veered from known parameters of the known history....

A film intended to act as a recruitment film, and designed to appeal to xenophobic 18-25 year olds who love video games.

There's actually a lot of dialogue in that film that's lifted directly from the historical accounts of Herodotus and others written in Greece not long after the fact. Of course they weren't speaking English, but most of the cheesy lines I am sure you are thinking of are pulled more or less verbatim from historical texts and actual accounts of the events, and are not fabrications of the filmmakers.
The Persian empire was massive at the time and they had plenty of slaves/servants/citizens in or from Africa.
Spartan children went off to the agoge when they were 7 years old. This is historical fact. Sometimes they would die there, beaten or whipped or frozen to death. All Spartan males were required to serve in the military from the age of 7 to the age of 30. Disfigured babies were also discarded in the way portrayed in the film. I don't think any of this is in contention.
It's true there were slaves in Greece, but they didn't fight in the Spartan army, and compared to the rest of the world, the Greeks were the most forward thinking and democratic people of the time. It might seem hokey by today's standards of universal suffrage and emancipation but it did represent something new and unique for the time period.
As far as Xerxes not looking exactly accurate and some of the story veering from history... well.... DUH... it's based on a comic book after all. You should have been able to figure out from the first frame that the movie is supposed to be a fanciful visually imaginative interpretation of the historical account, and not a documentary. Frankly, it's more surprising how much of the movie was based on fact than the few parts that were completely fictionalized.

sorry. off-topic.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Not off topic. still 300 seems like a milatary recruitment film for this day and age.

I see the lists contain a lot of horror films. This is understandable. They are constucted to alarms scare and say "Boo!"

Not all of them have the intellectual and emotional investement that THE SIXTH SENSE, PSYCHO or EYES WITHOUT A FACE contain.

There are a lot of slasher films that ought to be in this thread. FRIDAY THE 13TH--the series as a whole--contains a lot of grue, just done for the hell of it--rendering the concept of trying to present a good story rather meaningless. In viewing a couple of the films, I never knew that women would allow themselves to be rendered so helpless and make few indications of trying to to defend themselves.

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Especially of lately, with remakes of Texas Chainsaw, The Hills Have Eyes, and The Hitcher, or movies like Hostel and others that seem to put the emphasis on extreme torture and sadism. That's not scary. That's fucked up. :mad: