Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've been on a carb cycling diet for 2 months where big muscle groups (legs back and chest) it's high intake equivalent to 4 cups of rice a day and on the smaller groups (shoulders, arms, calves and core) it's a mid intake 2.5 cups of rice during the day and 2 days of low 1/2 cup of rice for the day. My question is I've lately been experiencing crazy soreness/exhaustion of my muscles that I've never had before. Looking for opinions if it's diet related, getting old, or over working (gym only last 1-1.5 hrs 6 days a week). I've only had this problem since I changed my diet but have gotten amazing results.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've been on a carb cycling diet for 2 months where big muscle groups (legs back and chest) it's high intake equivalent to 4 cups of rice a day and on the smaller groups (shoulders, arms, calves and core) it's a mid intake 2.5 cups of rice during the day and 2 days of low 1/2 cup of rice for the day. My question is I've lately been experiencing crazy soreness/exhaustion of my muscles that I've never had before. Looking for opinions if it's diet related, getting old, or over working (gym only last 1-1.5 hrs 6 days a week). I've only had this problem since I changed my diet but have gotten amazing results.

I think you're overworking. If you're also concerned about your age, and you're working that hard, then it really could be overworking for your age.

chicocklarge

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What is your age? I agree with twoton above. Try working out 5 days a week and make the 6th day a cardio day? Maybe that will work. If you are sore, try soaking in a tub with Epsom Salt. That helps me.

GoPokes405

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What type of cardio are you doing?
Are you sure you are getting enough calories for your body weight and activity level?
20 mins of running/walking. I'm not sure on the exact count of calories but I'd say it's around 2400-2800 on high carb days and about 1800 on the low days. I'm down about 20 lbs since last September but have only experienced the fatigue since changing my diet to the carb cycling. My previous diet was 6- 500 calorie meals a day and all had the same 1.5 cups of rice/oats.

Reactions: find83

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
20 mins of running/walking. I'm not sure on the exact count of calories but I'd say it's around 2400-2800 on high carb days and about 1800 on the low days. I'm down about 20 lbs since last September but have only experienced the fatigue since changing my diet to the carb cycling. My previous diet was 6- 500 calorie meals a day and all had the same 1.5 cups of rice/oats.
ok cool How tall are you?

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I suspect the second sentence of this post may be part of the problem.
Everything I've ever read/heard about carb cycling indicated that you have to watch your calories closely.
Whether you're trying to lose or gain, people are really poor at estimating their caloric intake day-to-day. Measure/weigh/read everything and write it down for at least a week. It may give you some insight as to your situation.

GoPokes405

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I suspect the second sentence of this post may be part of the problem.
Everything I've ever read/heard about carb cycling indicated that you have to watch your calories closely.
Whether you're trying to lose or gain, people are really poor at estimating their caloric intake day-to-day. Measure/weigh/read everything and write it down for at least a week. It may give you some insight as to your situation.
Definitely something to try and think about. Thanks