MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You know what else is creepy? Someone you have quite literally never interacted with, who never posts in the forums, messages you to tell you they either are from the same place you are, or they will be visiting soon, accompanied by nothing other than a wink.

Er, so? What are you telling me for?

Nope.

Neverhood will always be my location. Cuz if a person knows the Neverhood I am probably gonna like'em.

Semi-unrelated, but semi-related because dealing with creeps/weird and this site. Since having a photo posted of me holding a firearm of some sort (in the past I had one up where I was holding a huge revolver) the amount of dick pics in my inbox has dropped by a drastic amount. Changing my location to Vatican City has helped cut down on the amount of dumb "hi" messages that I get with zero other content included.

Whatever else folks might think/feel about firearms, they've made the amount of fucky messages I get almost become non-existent. So... That's a perk :joy:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I thought so as well. Turned out last night I followed neither you nor LaFemme. Bummer.
Oh, wow. You missed some really golden posts by not following me. I don’t know if the stuff coming up is going to be half as good. I’ll do my best, but my best years could be behind me.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know if I overreacted, but I was ready for anything. Intrusion in real life is very very scary.
I don't think it's overreacting in anyway. It's just realising having fun online isn't as safe as it appears when you type something on your phone.

I honestly don't think he would ever do anything to me - and I'm never alone, so I know I'm always safe. It just made me realise being honest about my work and life here could have consequences IRL. I know I should have known better as I've been in IT security for years - seeing and hearing bad stuff now and then. In that sense it was a good eye opener for me. I really should follow the guidelines I preach for others.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
A guy did that to me last year. Told me he had seen me getting out of my car at my office in Mayfair. Was able to describe the car and place. Really creepy. Haven't used the front door since.
Wow. I’d freak the hell out. I have no weapons. Just a big ass purse. I don’t even have a bitchy face. We aren’t even allowed to carry pepper spray here. Mind you, I can drop and kick like a mother effer, and I have no qualms about stabbing my thumbs or keys into someone’s eyes.

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I don't even have a clue of who follows me. A lot more than I want to scroll through. Like you I'm not that concerned. They can't access my private photos unless I follow them (and that list is small). I really haven't even bothered with the follow list in a very long time.

I don't think you are rude by not acknowledging a follower. I never acknowledge strangers whether its a request, post, or PM. I rarely ever engage in any kind of conversation with newbies (outside a welcome here and there) or a random stranger.

I've said it before but even if you aren't on my follower list or I'd I'm not on yours, if we chat in the forums, or have a connection in any way, you'll know it. Friends and followers IMO agent the same thing.

D

deleted924715

I had no idea I had that number of followers, I don't remember getting most of them. Maybe it's because I'm a woman? Maybe it's because I had one or two pics up when I first joined? Because I used to go into chat when I first joined? I don't know. Sometimes, I'll get a new follower after posting in a thread and I'll check their post history and think to myself "You haven't read a single thing I've posted, you just saw I was a woman"

If I follow someone, I tend to just do it - the exception being if I didn't realise I wasn't already following them, then I'll announce it lol. I don't think any of the people I follow would be surprised that I do - I usually found them through liking their posts.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I follow all of you! :eek:

I am a friendly creepy.

I usually follow without much fanfare. I have dropped an "awesome" when folks I adore follow me.

I don't have to contend with the numbers of random followers most of you womangs have. For the most part my follow list and followers list overlap. This makes me happy and keeps my paranoia in check.
You’re not creepy! You’re delightful!

I follow about 20 people and have about 600 followers. That ain’t right.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Just checked - I follow 24 - all you wonderful ladies and only a handful of guys.

Some 1700 guys follow me. That's insane - just checked the first pages. Not a single one of them rings any bells. Doubt I've ever even spoken with them.

Yeah, I follow a little over 100 people (many of them don't even log on anymore) and I have around 1,000 people following me. The vast, Vast majority I never even see posting in the forums, I have never spoken to them... :neutral:

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a news feed? :/
On your phone, click on your picture top right, in the dropdown it's near the bottom "your news feed". Allows you to skip right to the great posts of the other ladies and skip all the bogus guy stuff. Not sure where it is placed if you use a laptop.

D

deleted924715

On your phone, click on your picture top right, in the dropdown it's near the bottom "your news feed". Allows you to skip right to the great posts of the other ladies and skip all the bogus guy stuff. Not sure where it is placed if you use a laptop.

Oh wow - I had no idea that was there! You learn something new everyday - cheers TP

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just to be clear, when YOU follow someone, you grant the person followed access to YOUR private gallery, not the other way around. Unless I'm mistaken, any registered, logged in user can see any public gallery. Any gallery is easy to find again later by "watching" it.
Actually it's up to your gallery settings.
You can set your galleries to:
  • Everyone (including non-registred people)
  • Registered only (everyone but guests)
  • People following you (I.e all the stalking guys ;))
  • People you follow (I.e you lovely ladies)
  • Custom (You can pick members)
  • Only yourself⁷
I have a public gallery, one for followers, one for people I follow and some private pictures - so 4 galleries in all.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm kind of embarrassed to say this being a moderator, but I have no idea what it means to follow someone. I follow exactly three people, and one of them has been inactive for four years, and another one is my husband. I didn't even know I was following the third!

And there are 893 people following me? Well, get ready to be lost if you think I'm leading you somewhere important! 893, huh? Wow.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Like what are they expecting?

"Oh really, pzzydstryr376? Here's my address, come on over! ;)"
That’s exactly what they they expect. I get a ton of those messages. Fortunately I don’t live anywhere near the “centre of the universe” (Toronto) but I am tempted to send them to a random Starbucks on Queen Street.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You know what else is creepy? Someone you have quite literally never interacted with, who never posts in the forums, messages you to tell you they either are from the same place you are, or they will be visiting soon, accompanied by nothing other than a wink.

Er, so? What are you telling me for?
A guy did that to me last year. Told me he had seen me getting out of my car at my office in Mayfair. Was able to describe the car and place. Really creepy. Haven't used the front door since.

D

deleted924715

OMG!!!!! I wasn't even talking that specific - that's so creepy!

I was only going through my old PMs from before I restricted access and there were ones like "hey sexy, I'm over in the UK next week ;)" or "I'm from up north too, willing to travel ;)" and *that* dumbfounded me because I had literally never interacted with them and they had obviously never read anything I'd posted. There are very few people in the chatroom when I very first joined that have seen me, so it's not that...

What you got would freak me the fuck out

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
On what planet did he think that would be well received?! Jeebus. I'm sorry. :scream:: unamused: