Moderator elections?

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lordpendragon said:
I can't help wondering why there is no form of member approval system for the moderators. I am not even sure who you all are.

Would the Moderators not feel more legitimate if they had some form of approval from their peers?

Someone asked, what was the prupose of this thread. It is a fair question and deserves an honest answer. May I also point out that the question was actually to the Mods about their views of their own legitimacy without a member mandate. I appreciate that the site is owned, I was just asking whether an alternative method might be considered given the very good explanation above as to the value of a site from it's members. As the Glazers are finding out, there is more to a club than owning the shares, well in the UK anyway.

First, a significant number of the Mods are barely visible. As was pointed out by someone else, this can lead to an impression of remoteness and therefore questions about the relevance of their views on current happenings.

Secondly, I appreciate that Naughty likes lists, but her posting of her favourites does not help those who have felt that they sense an element of favouritism and hence inconsistency in Mod actions, whether they are right or wrong.

Finally, I personally found the immodearte language used to argue with a member by Mods a while back unjustified. If you can't moderate your own language, you shouldn't be judging other people IMO.

I appreciate that I do not see everything that goes on, in truth I am glad that I don't.

I very much enjoy the lively debate and great humour here, and remarkably, you may think, I consider the Mods to be excellent and one quite outstanding. It was just a question about having a member mandate given the ongoing rumblings.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
big dirigible said:
What's the problem? Those are all fine suggestions. I'd add anyone who puts "lol" anywhere in a post, and males using female avatars. And any novelty nickname with putative dimensions in it, like "15x9inchguy" (if there's a 15x9inchguy present, sorry, didn't mean to single you out - not just yet, anyway).
Along with the lols, would you also include, as bannable offenses, WTFs, LM(F)AOs, and ROFLs? Or IM(H)Os, BTWs, and FWIWs? Hopefully not WYSIWYGs.

T

that_other_guy

DC_DEEP said:
Along with the lols, would you also include, as bannable offenses, WTFs, LM(F)AOs, and ROFLs? Or IM(H)Os, BTWs, and FWIWs? Hopefully not WYSIWYGs.

... once again, I'd be fucked on that one ... :rolleyes:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
DC_DEEP said:

STFU ROTFLMAOPMP KTHXBYE. :rolleyes:

T

that_other_guy

alex8 said:
STFU ROTFLMAOPMP KTHXBYE. :rolleyes:

Translation ...

Shut the fuck up

Rolling on the floor, laughing my ass off, peeing my pants

Ok Thanks Bye

LMMFAO SEG WWJD LOL

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
COLJohn said:
(without even an attempt at a segue) Why haven't you campaigned to be a mod, TOG?
He's too busy getting fucked most of the time. :rolleyes:

And on a serious note: when have there ever been moderator campaigns here?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lordpendragon said:
Incidentally, the whole thread is a typo. I meant to say Moderator erections.
LPD, are you referring to a specific state of penile tumescence, or are you making a bad, politically-incorrect, Asian accent joke?