My Sick Cat

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'm very sorry to hear about your cat. I know how hard it can be when they are sick. My cat Delilah had a type of breast cancer and I had to take her to the vet to be put to sleep after 18 years. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.
I hope that it is something that is able to be fixed. If not my heart goes out to you in your pain.
Ark

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Indy,

I am sorry about Rose. Is she a gray tabby?

I know you will make the right decision when the time comes, but don't get too down. She might just have a virus or something else that's temporary. You're in the medical field, you've seen this sort of thing. My point is: don't give up hope!

I'm sure that you are a great cat daddy. She's a lucky cat.

Cheers.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My heart aches as I know how you feel, having been thru similar situations with my pets. They look at you for help, but you just dont know what to do... Everyone always says I seem to love animals more than people, and I think they are right.
My thoughts and prayers are with you Indy.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Indy,

I am sorry about Rose. Is she a gray tabby?

I know you will make the right decision when the time comes, but don't get too down. She might just have a virus or something else that's temporary. You're in the medical field, you've seen this sort of thing. My point is: don't give up hope!

I'm sure that you are a great cat daddy. She's a lucky cat.

Cheers.
She is a lilac tortoiseshell Burmese and the light of my life.........

D_Terry_Misue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know my pets are some of the most important 'people' in my life. Always there for me when I need them. No questions asked.

You and Rose are in my thoughts, Industrialsize.

~Best. Ckatt

Aww no, something similar happened to our cat. Her kidneys had stopped working properly for some reason, so she wouldn't eat.

They can give certain injections tho that can sometimes stimulate the kidneys into working again.

Hope it's something less serious for your moggy, dude. Good luck anyway, horrible when ur furry pal gets sick. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm terribly sorry she's ill. Going to the vet is the best thing and you're doing that and I'm sure you're making her as comfortable as possible. Not much you can do until then other than not worry her by acting anxious.

It may be something minor. You'll find out and go from there. I'm sure she's in good hands with you.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hope all is getting better. I'm not a big cat person but I know how hopeless you feel when a pet is sick and they can't tell you what's wrong and they lay there and give you
that look. Hope all is better soon!

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
How old is Rose? Any new news on her condition?

Burmese and Siamese are usually way vocal about themselves, their needs, you, and what you can do for them. Several decades ago while in college my bed buddy had a spayed/neutered overweight pair that insisted upon sleeping on the backs of my knees whenever I rolled over onto my stomach, effectively pinning me down. My then partner had arranged a major pissy Thanksgiving dinner for twelve. As we greeted guests, there was a loud crash in the kitchen. Barnabus (named after barbituates) and Amy (after amilnytrol) had taken the opportunity to purloin a very hot 16 pound cooked turkey from the top of the stove, opening the back screen door, and making off with it down three flights of stairs. Thankfully, we lived in San Francisco and we were able to have Chinese buffet delivered.

They were thieving opportunists, but we loved them.

Last edited:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just got back from the Animal Hospital. She was admitted to intensive care in a diabetic coma. They expect her to be in the hospital about 3-5 days. Hopefully she will make a full recovery. All of the thoughtful well wishes are truly appreciated. You people made me cry.....(in a good way)