Remaining fat to lose (Do I cut or recomp?) Advice needed!

jellyfishh

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey, In need of some advice from those of you who are into fitness/gym.

So I'm coming to the end of my weight loss journey. I currently weigh 170lbs at 6ft 1, early 20s, cis man. I used to be 230-240lbs. Was eating 1600 or so calories but now I eat about 1800-1900. Although I look somewhat fine in clothes, I still have lots of fat surrounding my chest and belly. Reference Images are in my profile media (Warning: I didn't shave so apologies for the body hair lol). Will try to post a link here, but can't atm as it won't let me post due to "spam-like" content.

My body fat % is still quite high (Haven't calculated it yet). My initial goal was to reach 160. Now i'm 10lbs off my goal, do you guys think I should continue to cut or stay at 170 and recomp? Or, do you have any other advice on how to get rid of this fat. I currently do weight lifting using a dumbbell-only workout split with a bench at home 3 days per week. I also spend 30mins to an hour on an incline treadmill on the remaining days. I eat around 130g of protein a day. I don't drink much water though, which I know is an issue. I'm trying to work on that, it just feels like such a chore.

Also, is it possible that some of it is not fat but is actually loose skin? I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have loose skin but, 70lbs is a significant amount to lose. And, based off the fact that I have a few stretch marks it probably is the case. My final goal is to have a lean/toned body so that I feel comfortable taking my shirt off at the beach/pool/in the summer. When I first started at the end of August 2022 I was hoping that I'd be in a position this year where that was possible. Obviously now that i'm a month or so away from summer; I doubt i'll be able to get rid of this last remaining fat, enough to the point where I feel comfortable taking my shirt off.

So yeah, should I cut or recomp? And, how long do you think it will take roughly to see these last bits of fat to go?
Thank you to those who took the time to read or respond :)

jellyfishh

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I say it‘s time to recomp. You can continue to burn fat while putting on muscle and creating more definition in your body.
Do you know how many calories I should aim to subtract from my maintenance if I want to lose fat while simultaneously gaining muscle?