Runners?

hammer3342

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Connecticut, United States of America (the)
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Ultra marathon runner here - well, former but I still run 20 mpw’. My last 100 was on my 40th bday, which has been awhile. Been pushing weights and back to playing racquetball as well, so trying to be better-rounded for myself.
Awesome, the ultra running is simply amazing what the human body can do.

Reactions: MrMickleGary

pappiepapie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thongs still, but then just some light weight running shorts. I also have some great running shirts. They wick the sweat away from you and then you wont chafe
Yeah those shirts ar awesome, they are so lightweight you hardly notice wearing them but they do a good job absorbing the sweat.

Reactions: hammer3342

pappiepapie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ultra marathon runner here - well, former but I still run 20 mpw’. My last 100 was on my 40th bday, which has been awhile. Been pushing weights and back to playing racquetball as well, so trying to be better-rounded for myself.
Still an impressive average! 100, wow...never made it past 25 km :D

Reactions: MrMickleGary

MrMickleGary

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Awesome, the ultra running is simply amazing what the human body can do.
Right?? What's more so impressive is how you can wrap your brain around the training, AND train your brain to understand that when it yells "stop!"with the right training, you can keep going.

MrMickleGary

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Still an impressive average! 100, wow...never made it past 25 km :D
25k is nothing to sneeze at - great job! That last 100 miler became a 100k due to horrific weather in the mountains. I vowed them off after that - 50k is PLENTY, and your race is done in 4-6 hours, not 24.

hammer3342

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Connecticut, United States of America (the)
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Right?? What's more so impressive is how you can wrap your brain around the training, AND train your brain to understand that when it yells "stop!"with the right training, you can keep going.
I was really impressed after my second marathon how 27miles and could still move. Or how it was easy to just run the next day.

pappiepapie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
25k is nothing to sneeze at - great job! That last 100 miler became a 100k due to horrific weather in the mountains. I vowed them off after that - 50k is PLENTY, and your race is done in 4-6 hours, not 24.
Yeah, I don't have plans to run a marathon but would like to challenge myself to run more than 25k. But I also like to do much shorter stuff, like 5-10k and go a lot faster. I did a 10km in 42:31 once, would be nice to beat that sometime.

MrMickleGary

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was really impressed after my second marathon how 27miles and could still move. Or how it was easy to just run the next day.
You definitely put it all-in during your training then! After my 2nd 100, after I showered, I walked down a huge flight of hotel steps and to a micro brewery across the parking lot to dinner with my wife. I was slow, and the blisters kept me humble, but overall, I was tired but fine!

MrMickleGary

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yeah, I don't have plans to run a marathon but would like to challenge myself to run more than 25k. But I also like to do much shorter stuff, like 5-10k and go a lot faster. I did a 10km in 42:31 once, would be nice to beat that sometime.
Impressive time! I think my PB at 10k is something like 44 and some change

Reactions: pappiepapie

pappiepapie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The warmer weather is starting to take over, it's always a bit tricky for me to get used to it but i seem to cope better with it these days, after a series of scorching summers. Today I did a very relaxed 12k in a bit over an hour and thoroughly enjoyed the sun and the feeling of shorts and shirt :yum

Reactions: stormydude

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ran all the time once. Not so much, hardly anymore. If someone is still running at 86, all I can say is that they can't have worked a physical occupation in their lifetime.
And they probably have knee problems as well. Running is not the best exercise for your knees and joints over time. When you're older this comes back to haunt you.