MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If only your percentages were slightly more in my favour. *sigh* :tongue: I could do this all night! :kiss: I return your smooch and raise you a hug. :hug:

*snuzzles* match for hugs, raise snuzzles and call. :biggrin1:

i got two queens and 7s.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
organ transplants/field surgeries/blood transfusions moved decades ahead during the six years of WWII.

the seed can be planted in horror but it might grow yield something sweet.

PP started out with the intent of culling a generation of minorities and a socioeconomically disadvantaged group of people.

now, PP is often the only medical care available to women and children in most American cities. without the sliding scale pricing a large number of women would have no option other than continuing unwanted pregnancies without any prenatal care at all.

the testings, treatment and education programs has slowed the spread of STIs for young folk with assess to the clinics.

sometimes my ethics get a little bruised, like serving up meat to the homeless.. but in the end my reservations ain't worth denying another person services they need or are entitled to.

is like the clinic offering sterilization to women with a history of prostitution/drug use or women already having more than one child in social services. there was heated debated on both sides of the fence. is not an easy answer, and so many variables ya could argue until everyone ran of breath.. and i am not entirely sure how i feel about the program. i stilled made sure the women who wanted to make use of the program could.

:shrug:
Everything you have said is totally valid, of course. It's why I flip back and forth on my opinion. You know. Being part of the population PP originally planned to erase. It can also be argued that they have been, and continue to be successful in using their services to eliminate my folks. I can see the issue from both sides, and just can't seem to make a permanent decision.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Without sex education, lots of accidental pregnancies occur. Admittedly, some of those people may have ignored advice; but still, I can't stomach the thought of a child growing up as an 'accident' with no love from the parents/adoption services. I'm not saying that these children are all unloved, but some are. Another example would be rape victims - they should not be pressured into having the child of a stranger. If someone feels they are not ready to handle the responsibility of being a parent, then they should have multiple options open to them. I'm a fool though, so what do I know? Haha, this thread has reminded of the time when I received a shove for sharing my pro-choice beliefs. Good times.

No one needs sex education to know that sex is the cause of pregnancy. I knew that at 10 years old and I sure as hell wasn't having sex then (and I doubt many kids are having sex at that age now). I think kids are growing up even faster nowadays - they know about sex and pregnancy.

Rape is definitely one of the exceptions I was talking about in my earlier post. A rape victim should undoubtedly be able to decide their own fate.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
AE, I understand why you're on the fence.

I look at it this way. I don't stand with Margaret Sanger, who died over 50 years ago and who hasn't been in control of Planned Parenthood for a very long time. I stand with the good Planned Parenthood does today.

Yes, a person with an evil agenda created an organization to carry out her evil plan. Ironically, not only did that organization fail to succeed at what she intended it to do, it has helped millions of women, many of whom were her intended targets. Do I support the founder's intentions? Hell no! In fact, there's a kind of enjoyable satisfaction to knowing that the organization not only failed, but that it benefits the very people she intended harm towards.

But that's which side of the fence I'm on.

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am and for ever will be Pro Choice, so if there is an institution that helps women to end suffering from bad choices in bad situations ..i am all for it.

One can never forget the past..but what can be done TODAY is what matters. In essence we can never know what is going through the hearts and minds of the people who run this organisation. But you know the effect that their actions have had on women who aren't strong enough to handle those hard choices by themselves..if that effect has been a positive one and has brought peace and horizon to their lives..I am all for it.

In the end education and prevention is key to everything and you can not close your eyes to the reality of many women today who suffer through things the hard way.

I'm not going to pretend that i know alot about PP, but from what I have gathered from your reactions, its all way too much drama it seems to me to oppose them so much.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
AE, I understand why you're on the fence.

I look at it this way. I don't stand with Margaret Sanger, who died over 50 years ago and who hasn't been in control of Planned Parenthood for a very long time. I stand with the good Planned Parenthood does today.

Yes, a person with an evil agenda created an organization to carry out her evil plan. Ironically, not only did that organization fail to succeed at what she intended it to do, it has helped millions of women, many of whom were her intended targets. Do I support the founder's intentions? Hell no! In fact, there's a kind of enjoyable satisfaction to knowing that the organization not only failed, but that it benefits the very people she intended harm towards.

But that's which side of the fence I'm on.
The reason Planned Parenthood has always offered abortion is because of Ms. Sanger. She specifically wrote and said out loud that they would carry out their agenda in the guise of good, and dupe black preachers and community leaders, and well-spoken men from poor communities into spreading news of the organizations good works, and Christian support. She wanted blacks and the poor to get abortions in large numbers. And they do, with Planned Parenthood's help. You see, I'm not convinced that the Planned Parenthood of today isn't Ms. Sanger's organization of yesteryear. And for that reason, though I have used the clinics twice myself, (though not for abortions) I remain skeptical.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No one needs sex education to know that sex is the cause of pregnancy. I knew that at 10 years old and I sure as hell wasn't having sex then (and I doubt many kids are having sex at that age now). I think kids are growing up even faster nowadays - they know about sex and pregnancy.

Rape is definitely one of the exceptions I was talking about in my earlier post. A rape victim should undoubtedly be able to decide their own fate.
A few months ago, I had to teach a grown man (who wasn't even fucking me) on an internet forum that the way he uses condoms is improper, and the reason his wife keeps getting knocked up. You knew whatever you knew at 10, because of sex education from somewhere.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not going to pretend that i know alot about PP, but from what I have gathered from your reactions, its all way too much drama it seems to me to oppose them so much.
Too much drama? I agree. It was way too much drama that their founder didn't want people who look like you to exist. This organization was built to erase you.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was surprised to read on this thread that Planned Parenthood had a nefarious beginning. I started doing a little research online and found many sites that list it's fascist and racist connections. Each site that condemned PP included quotes and short statements of fact which seemed to support that view. As I do with everything I read on the internet, I spent a bit of time looking at the sites themselves. Each and every site was one started by or supported by an anti-abortion or religious organization. I am not saying that the quotes chosen were not said or that the information listed was not true, only that the philosophical and political bent of those organizations raise some doubt about the spin. As we all know, it is a simple thing to selectively quote any subject to support one's viewpoint.

I am willing to give PP the benefit of that doubt at this point. Until someone can show me that Planned Parenthood in its current incarnation is a fascist and racist organization, I will continue to support what I see as important and needful work.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
AE...I will. Thank you.

But what does that mean for PP today?
I don't know. Perhaps, as per the direction of its founder, the organization has implemented its agenda by hiding it in precisely the ways Sanger recommended. Perhaps someone saw its potential for good when Sanger died, and proceeded to turn things around. I have no idea. And that's why I'm on the fence.

I would personally be more comfortable if parents were forced to partner with schools to properly educate youth about sexual health and responsibility; religious whackos have seen that this will never happen. I would be more comfortable if local governments put the infrastructure in place to provide reproductive health care to their women and girls, on a sliding scale. Many municipalities do, but the budgets are currently very strained in most cases. I would be more comfortable if federal funding currently earmarked for Planned Parenthood went to local programs in public hospitals. But it sometimes takes so long to get an appointment, and if you don't qualify for Welfare, the sliding scale sometimes does not slide down far enough.Though, maybe it would, with some federal funding. I see it as a very confusing issue.

Am I against federal funding of any organization which provides poor women with reproductive health care, including abortions? Heck no! A woman has a right to choose. A family can decide for themselves. Am I against federally funding Planned Parenthood specifically? I'm on the fence.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I agree that it is partly instinct, a basic understanding of reproduction is wired into our DNA. However, there are those that may understand the theory behind it but not understand the long-term consequences of unprotected sex. I agree that kids are growing up quickly these days, but I believe that's part of the problem. They have the same instincts regarding sex but not the knowledge of an older person. I remember when I had a basic understanding of sex but didn't know what a condom or semen was - we all gain our knowledge from somewhere and 'PP' is at least helping in that area.

A few months ago, I had to teach a grown man (who wasn't even fucking me) on an internet forum that the way he uses condoms is improper, and the reason his wife keeps getting knocked up. You knew whatever you knew at 10, because of sex education from somewhere.

This is a good example of someone who could have used sexual education in their younger years. Even though he knew what a condom was for - he didn't have the knowledge to use it correctly.