What's for breakfast

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
I uaually have a large cup of black coffee, with sugar, maybe a knob of butter.

Breakfast is not a heavy meal in this country. Many people do just like me for breakfast. Lunch is our main meal.
i know one country cant speak for a continent but in Ecuador i saw workers eating breakfasts which looked like dinner (meat, potatoes and vegtables). which in my eyes makes sense. i guess Brazil is alittle more westernised.

D

deleted509196

Well, I don't always get up at regular times, so I don't always have 'breakfast', at least not always in the morning. However, on times when I have I've had different things. Toast has been pretty popular sometimes, or before I've had cereal, several ones (I like crunch, but I haven't had it at my house for ages). I've had porridge before. Just depends really. Sometimes I just have food when I get up though, whatever food I fancy/there is to eat. As for full breakfast, very rarely (in hotels I have though), but even then it's only without the meat. As for drinks, unless I just drink water I'd choose either tea or orange juice or maybe some other fruit juice.

King_ding_a_ling

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I try and eat a large serving of protein (I.E. 4 eggs, large piece of chicken or beef), a large amount of fruit (2 round ones, apple and orange or something) and some nuts or sunflower seeds.

Makes me feel great throughout the day

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
While chatting with a friend, who was fasting for blood work, what we eat for breakfast entered the discussion.

How important is breakfast, and what foods do you like for breakfast, and how often do you eat a full breakast.

I always have coffee. After that occasionally eggs, fried potatoes, or grits. Finally, will sneak in bacon, sausage, scrapple, or ham.

Having a full sit down breakfast only about once a month. The rest of the time grab and go.
Usual is a cup of coffee then slow cooked oatmeal with fat free milk and an English muffin with either butter or some cheese melted on it and then 1 or 2 cups more of coffee. A few times a year I will get a box of cold cereal and a few times a year I eat eggs and bacon and a few times a year at sausage. I have also eaten a can of soup and crackers at breakfast or a chicken pot pie. I vary what I eat if out of the oatmeal. Last week I had a tuna/corn/pasta salad on an English muffin with melted cheese. It is important to get food in at the start of the day after a night with nothing the body needs replenishment.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
THat reminds me of my summers working a an orthodox camp. The Rabbi would come in three times a day to bless the meals, but when he was gone ....LOL!

jesus...that story just made me have a horrible flashback to when i was forced to read this book in Hebrew School called "At Camp Ke-Tov" or something....horrible. i was never so happy as the day i quit hebrew school and got a private bar mitzvah tutor...which was still pretty fucking annoying.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
While chatting with a friend, who was fasting for blood work, what we eat for breakfast entered the discussion.

How important is breakfast, and what foods do you like for breakfast, and how often do you eat a full breakast.

I always have coffee. After that occasionally eggs, fried potatoes, or grits. Finally, will sneak in bacon, sausage, scrapple, or ham.

Having a full sit down breakfast only about once a month. The rest of the time grab and go.

During the work week, I have a protein shake post work out and a bowl of hot oatmeal for breakfast. I go to the gym Monday - Friday so I try to be careful about my food intake.

On the weekends, we have a more full breakfast. Egg beaters, sausage, grits or pancakes occasionally or an egg beater omelet and whole grain toast. Sometimes we have fried potatoes (but we are trying to have these less and less)

I cup of coffee everyday (sweetened with Splenda).

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lately I've been eating frosted mini-wheats (Wal-mart brand) with fresh blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and skim milk. Also, a cup of instant Kroger brand coffee heated in the microwave. Sometimes I add two medium eggs fried in canola oil.

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Before I started classes (and basically brushing my teeth, throwing on clothes, hat, shoes and coat, grabbing books and heading out the door in the morning), I'd have pretty much the same breakfast every day: 1 cup dry Old Wessex Multigrain Hot Cereal (oats, rye, triticale, barley and flax) cooked on the stove in 2 cups Vanilla Edensoy Extra (instead of water) with a banana mashed in. When done, I'd throw in about a cup of frozen mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries and raspberries) and stir until the berries were defrosted and somewhat melted. Whole thing took less than ten minutes and left me with a big bowl of yummy (Sammy, my amazon parrot, always got to share). That left me feeling full and satisfied for hours.

Now that I'm trudging to class weekday mornings, and often working at night, I don't wake up early enough to enjoy breakfast at home except on weekends. So I go to my first class on a bran muffin and/or banana and a tall coffee I grab from somewhere on campus. Not the same, but lasts me until lunch.

L_Lynn

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I start the day with a 1/2 cup of Special K cereal and skim milk. But that's usually around 6:00 am. I am famished when I wake up and the low blood sugar requires something immediate. Then a few hours later (8 or 9 am) I am ready for "second breakfast" which can be a small egg & cheese burrito or a pancake and strip of turkey bacon, something more substantial with protein. Then a couple hours after that (11ish) I will probably be hungry again and require a snack which is usually honey yogurt and an apple. Around 1:00, I am ready for lunch. We won't even get into my eating habits the rest of the day. I eat small portions so I eat frequently. Seems to work better for my system.

Oh- and coffee! :)

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
When I'm being good: Cereal with milk and fruit or whole wheat toast, fruit, and yogurt.

When I'm being a slack bitch: Anything. Typically two eggs, home fries, bacon or ham, a biscuit, and a small bowl of cheese grits. Sometimes when I'm really being stupid I have pancakes or waffles with lots of syrup and country ham or bacon. I am a total breakfast slob sometimes, especially with regard to dairy. I eat too much dairy.

edit: Coffee in order to find a pulse, strong coffee made in MB's Chemex from beans that are not ground until the water is already boiling.

Last edited by a moderator: