Women coming on strong

D

deleted628208

Look, my point is this... Insecure women do certain things to gain attention and satiate their insecurity (like flirt a lot or become sexually promiscuous). I'm not saying ALL women who are flirty or promiscuous do it because they are insecure. What I *AM* saying is the ones who are unusually insecure do it *BECAUSE* they are insecure. That's not my perception, that's just human nature. Sorry if you got offended.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
and so you do it again...

SOME insecure women want attention.
of those who do, SOME of those women use flirtation to get it.

^^ that statement would be true.

your post was just a steaming heap of gross generalisations which were offencive, misogynistic and inaccurate. that's not acceptable anywhere, least of all in the women's issues forum.

D

deleted628208

Change "SOME" to "MOST" and you're about spot on. Like I said, I'm sorry if you were offended. As far as being inaccurate and misognynistic, it's neither if it's true. It's simple fact that A LOT (and by "a lot", i mean "most") of insecure women deal with their insecurity by being flirtatious and/or promiscuous. The more insecure they are, the more they flirt and/or sleep around. It's not anymore inaccurate or sexist than saying most guys who are insecure about their penis resort to bragging about their sexual prowess and other such douchebaggery. Insecurity is always going to manifest itself in some negative way in someone's personality. Anyway, I think you've lost sight of my original point, (which, by the way, was directed at the OP) that is, the girl at the grocery store counter most likely had no intention of sleeping with the OP's husband, but rather was probably a bit insecure and was trying to garner attention *because* she was insecure.

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't think sweeping generalizations work in terms of labeling one group more likely to "come on strong" in terms of flirting. I do think that society gives girls/women more leeway in terms of being physical with it, though. For example, I've seen girls (friends of mine in some cases) pat the butts of guys they've just met that night at the club/bar and no one really seems to think much of it, but I know a lot of women who would be offended if a guy they didn't know very well patted them on the bottom. So, in that sense, some women might be able to "come on strong" compared to some men.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
and, no, 'most' men who have penis insecurities do NOT resort to bragging and douchebaggery. that statement offends me every bit as much as the original.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, thought a lot about what made me angry. Here's my take on what I saw. She's all but exposing herself to him. Look, I'm serious, her boobalas were hanging over the counter.

My hubby was doing more than chatting with her. His body language was definitely egging her on. He was not wearing his ring, FYI. It was the touch that really made me angry. The other stuff was kind of funny actually. I asked him later if she had asked to feel the material of his shirt and he said no, she just reached out and tugged.

I know my husband would not go further than flirting, but I don't know what her agenda was.

Anyway, my original question was about girls who power flirt. I've never had a guy flirt with me like she was flirting with Cap. I'm sure my reaction would have been different. I probably would have laughed and mention waiting for my husband.

OK, I'm not saying this is a pattern with Cap, but a few years ago we were in New Orleans the weekend before Mardi Gras. We were at a private party on the top floor of some bar on Boubon St. The host had given us these beautiful beads, much much better than the regular parade throws. Well, Cap and a few of his buds were standing on the balcony overlooking the scene on the street. I heard a lot of whooping and hollering and walked over to guys to see what was happening. Well, there was a young woman and her boyfriend, I guess he was, and she was begging for the beads from the guys. A couple of them had already thrown theirs and the other guys went inside... except for Cap. He was joking with her and she was really begging now. As soon as I walked up and looked down the sweet young thing had raised her dress completely over her head showing her birthday suit to my all-eyes hubby. I made him throw the damn beads.

I guess I'm just a lot more conservative.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
trying to further shame ya man isn't helping your cause. :confused:

you over reacted.
ya need to talk it about with him.
not try to sway favor here.

eta: her agenda matters for fuck-all, ya man ain't gonna follow her home.
ya might wanna look at what ya doing.. and ya agenda.

2nd eta: way to stock pile emotional ammunition. years ago?? and you bring it up now?

that's evil.

Last edited:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
her agenda, her bewbs, were aimed at a man with no ring. she failed at being psychic. it lacked in tact in the same way that many a teenage experiment does.
and he was flirting. he didn't touch her.

this tattletale stuff? seriously??
this is your husband.
would he do this to you?

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Change "SOME" to "MOST" and you're about spot on. Like I said, I'm sorry if you were offended. As far as being inaccurate and misognynistic, it's neither if it's true. It's simple fact that A LOT (and by "a lot", i mean "most") of insecure women deal with their insecurity by being flirtatious and/or promiscuous.

How the fuck would you know? A lot of the insecure women I know avoid talking to men and avoid situation where men might talk to them, or hide behind busy, busy work/college lives. Some of the insecure women I know hide behind too much make-up and flirting, some are promiscuous - but nowhere near 'most'. So either my experience is totally unrepresentative or you are a presumptuous asshat - I know which my money is on.

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
OK, thought a lot about what made me angry. Here's my take on what I saw. She's all but exposing herself to him. Look, I'm serious, her boobalas were hanging over the counter.

My hubby was doing more than chatting with her. His body language was definitely egging her on. He was not wearing his ring, FYI. It was the touch that really made me angry. The other stuff was kind of funny actually. I asked him later if she had asked to feel the material of his shirt and he said no, she just reached out and tugged.

I know my husband would not go further than flirting, but I don't know what her agenda was.

Anyway, my original question was about girls who power flirt. I've never had a guy flirt with me like she was flirting with Cap. I'm sure my reaction would have been different. I probably would have laughed and mention waiting for my husband.

OK, I'm not saying this is a pattern with Cap, but a few years ago we were in New Orleans the weekend before Mardi Gras. We were at a private party on the top floor of some bar on Boubon St. The host had given us these beautiful beads, much much better than the regular parade throws. Well, Cap and a few of his buds were standing on the balcony overlooking the scene on the street. I heard a lot of whooping and hollering and walked over to guys to see what was happening. Well, there was a young woman and her boyfriend, I guess he was, and she was begging for the beads from the guys. A couple of them had already thrown theirs and the other guys went inside... except for Cap. He was joking with her and she was really begging now. As soon as I walked up and looked down the sweet young thing had raised her dress completely over her head showing her birthday suit to my all-eyes hubby. I made him throw the damn beads.

I guess I'm just a lot more conservative.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but the only way to know what the cashier's agenda was would be to ask her personally. Maybe she flirts like that with everybody, maybe she found your husband very attractive, maybe she'd had a fight with her boyfriend that morning and wanted to get back at him, maybe she was high, maybe she just flirted with him because she flirted with him. Who knows.

As for the woman in New Orleans, I'm not much of a gambler, but if I had to bet I'd bet she was drunk off her ass.

If I may ask a question which I have entirely no right to ask, and which you are under no obligation to answer or even consider: when was the last time you flirted with your husband?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When was the last time I flirted with my husband? Hmmm, that would be 7 a.m. this morning. We flirt constantly! Well, flirt enough to make my daughter sick. She couldn't wait to move out! LOL!

I am not an angry person. It takes a lot to get me upset. I don't know why this particular episode made me angry, but let me say it's not as bad as you might read into it. Yes, I did get angry, and that's unusual. So my level of angry may not be as bad as what you're used to.

I love my husband with all my heart and trust him to the end of the earth. Because of that he can piss me off in a heartbeat! I know it's wrong of me to be like that, but it is what it is. Label me as a bad wife if it makes you feel better.

MB, I'm making the sandwiches now!

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's not wrong and I don't label you as anything. You feel what you feel and I was just following a hunch that, as it turns out, was misguided. I apologize for being presumptuous. I wish you and your husband all the best.

Last edited: