your first car?

socoken

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mine was a blue 1968 Firebird 350HO. The car was a daily driver for me, and had great potential for a 10 point resto, but I cant afford that. I still have it, but it just sits in storage and drains a grand a year from me just to keep it. Ive been hard up for bread a couple times and thought about selling it, but I cant bring myself to do it. I really love that car.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
HORROR STORY ALERT!

In '98 I purchased an '83 Honda Prelude. I paid my neighbour a case of beer to look it over for me (he and his dad rebuilt cars, I only knew where the key went). Paid $750. for it and it lasted five days. Despite the fact that it had been safety inspected three days before I bought it, on day five it developed independant steering on the drivers side rear wheel because the connector to the rear axle had rusted clear through. After calling a mechanic (a real one this time, no more hobbyists) to come out and look at my car I was told it should never have passed inspection. Just rubbing your hand under the car created a shower of rust.

I contacted the manager of the station where it had been inspected eight days previous to ask how the hell they managed to miss that minor detail. He said he'd come out to see it himself. Three more days of phone tag and horseshit excuses ("If the bottom of the car is covered in snow we're not allowed to remove it") later and he still couldn't be bothered to see the car even though it was on his daily route home.

Handily my mechanic knows an inspector for the registry of motor vehicles who, after some pleading on my part, came out to see the car and give it a fair assesment. Of the thirteen criteria mandatory to all inspections my expensive rental failed SEVEN. I would have thought a professional garage would know that a car equipped with power steering MUST have the power steering belt installed. The garage was given a heavy fine and had their inspection license yanked. Such a shame.

Piece_of_shit_car

Cue dream sequence.

My second car was a Mercury Topaz which despite it's lack of beauty functioned like a faithful workhorse for five years.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
1964 blue bug, given to me by my mother my first year in HS (she wouldn't give me her jaguar, I couldn't have maintained though). Cost $3. to fill it up. In east central florida, used to drive it off road and on the beach a lot . The battery usually didn't charge very well (I didn't know there was such a thing as a voltage regulator) it was easy enough to push start by myself, had a strap I wrapped around the generator/fan pully and could pull start it, when I stalled in the sand. If I charged it overnight, it would start 2-3 times, my last year in HS I was living with my great aunt (the rest of the family had returned from Fla. to Kodiak), I always had a good excuse as to why I had to spend the night at my BF's or he had to spend the night with me. Burned up the engine on a trip up to Cornell with my BF to visit his GF.

Presently have a subaru wagon for winter and a prius for summer, and a pickup to plow the driveway with.

montanaguy

Sexy Member
Media
The first car that I had actual use of, was a 1972 burnt orange Gremlin. That car lived up to it's name, as I swear it was infested with gremlins. Was always having problems with it. Among other things, it had a tendancy of not wanting to start up. So, I would have to get out, pop the hood, and then take a wrench, or some other metal item and give the battery cables a few hits, then go back and try to start the car. Usually it would start up after having done that to the battery cables. One of the previous owners of the car had also modified it somehow, so that when setting the choke (a manual choke), I had to put the gas pedal all the way to the floor while pulling the choke knob at the same time, as my dad said there was still some remnant left from the automatic choke that was in the car originally. It also had a straight 6 cylinder engine in it. For having had that, the car could still move pretty good.

The only car in the AMC family that I never thought looked any good was the AMC Pacer, as made famous in the movie "Wayne's World". Now that car looked like a pregnant Gremlin. lol

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
1950 black Pontiac convertible, ordered from the factory and waited 2 months for delivery. Eight months later I was drafted into the U S army. I kept it 16 years. At the present it's been restored and owned by a guy who lives in a Detroit suburb. It's pictures make me think it's still my car! lol

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A green 1975 Volkswagen bug . . . without a heater.

No bug really had a heater that accomplished anything (heat exchanger on the exhaust pipes, if you got any hot air it was fumy) in Alaska people had to drive with their head sticking out the window in winter, and the passenger franticly scraping. Also very hard to start in cold weather, being air cooled there wasn't a way to put an electric engine heater on, people used to put a weed burner in a stove pipe and put it underneath. Lots of people would just park them in the winter.

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No bug really had a heater that accomplished anything (heat exchanger on the exhaust pipes, if you got any hot air it was fumy) in Alaska people had to drive with their head sticking out the window in winter, and the passenger franticly scraping. Also very hard to start in cold weather, being air cooled there wasn't a way to put an electric engine heater on, people used to put a weed burner in a stove pipe and put it underneath. Lots of people would just park them in the winter.

If the heater did work, it pumped mostly exhaust fumes into the car. We used to have a young secretary who thought it would be really cool to have a 'Bug. You could tell when she got to work by the exhaust fume pdour drifting through the offices.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
1977 Pontiac Trans Am "Smokey and the Bandit" :biggthumpup2:. Picture isn't of mine, but it conjures some very fond memories.

Attachments

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You could probably talk me into giving you mine.

A Dodge Viper for a piece of @ss ? Now I know you're thinking with your 9 inch cock and not your 160 IQ. If you still have that Windstar mini-van, I bet you could part with it and get an even trade on a good lay ? You have to start thinking like a mechanic. Besides women love mini-vans. :wink:

A few months back, I had the transmission and clutch replaced, after looking at the bill and discussing it with co-workers over lunch, I made the statement, "If I were a woman I would've traded out sex and gotten that bill down to nothing, even if I had to do the shop owner/mechanic more than once." :biggrin1:

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
A Dodge Viper for a piece of @ss ? Now I know you're thinking with your 9 inch cock and not your 160 IQ. If you still have that Windstar mini-van, I bet you could part with it and get an even trade on a good lay ? You have to start thinking like a mechanic. Besides women love mini-vans. :wink:

A few months back, I had the transmission and clutch replaced, after looking at the bill and discussing it with co-workers over lunch, I made the statement, "If I were a woman I would've traded out sex and gotten that bill down to nothing, even if I had to do the shop owner/mechanic more than once." :biggrin1:

I really dont think he was being serious transformer!! :)
still funny though..
maybe he would let her look at it for some boo-tay ;)
j/k :)