Alpha Males

solong

Just Browsing
Media
Actually, we have a misconception that nobody has mentioned, yet.

It's possible that "Alpha" male might mean only big muscles and a big dick.

I frankly don't think that the men are talking about the same thing the women are talking about, here.

I make a difference between "masculinity" and "male." Masculinity is, in a word, gentle leadership. It's kindness, fairness, good judgment, responsibility, providership. And then, if that guy also happens to have big muscles and a huge cock, that's a bonus.

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
solong said:

I frankly don't think that the men are talking about the same thing the women are talking about, here.

I make a difference between "masculinity" and "male." Masculinity is, in a word, gentle leadership. It's kindness, fairness, good judgment, responsibility, providership. And then, if that guy also happens to have big muscles and a huge cock, that's a bonus.

Very nicely said, Solong.

And to the 'male' who started this thread,
please...this is not caveman days. Your
attitude would get your backside, kicked if
you were to espouse this tripe in mixed
company these days. :rolleyes:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
solong said:

I think masculinity is very subjective. I would not describe it the way you have. Otherwise, I'd be quite masculine, and that's just not true. I am very feminine. If I had a penis, I would immediately be branded sissy. I'm such a girly woman. But the OP asked us to compare human males to other animals, and in doing so, I, and others have taken the qualities of our animal bretheren and transfered them to men. In the animal kingdom, alphas are the ones who put up the best fight when challenged. They then become responsible for all of the things several of us said an man who is an apha male would be responsible for, yourself included. In a word, the alpha is the leader. For humans, this has nothing to do with muscles or penis size.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
BronxBombshell said:
I think masculinity is very subjective. I would not describe it the way you have. Otherwise, I'd be quite masculine, and that's just not true. I am very feminine. If I had a penis, I would immediately be branded sissy. I'm such a girly woman. But the OP asked us to compare human males to other animals, and in doing so, I, and others have taken the qualities of our animal bretheren and transfered them to men. In the animal kingdom, alphas are the ones who put up the best fight when challenged. They then become responsible for all of the things several of us said an man who is an apha male would be responsible for, yourself included. In a word, the alpha is the leader. For humans, this has nothing to do with muscles or penis size.

*Bows down to Bronx... who is clearly much more of an alpha male than I shall ever be. She can hunt my gazelle anytime*:rolleyes:

Here, just a random two cents. What if alpha male, is just a male who has lived up to his potential, and possibly beyond? Like the slogan " Be all that you can be?"

Any takers? Or maybe I just need a :banana: to be an alpha male?

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
jeff black said:
*Bows down to Bronx... who is clearly much more of an alpha male than I shall ever be. She can hunt my gazelle anytime*:rolleyes:

Here, just a random two cents. What if alpha male, is just a male who has lived up to his potential, and possibly beyond? Like the slogan " Be all that you can be?"

You can find a banana, dancing or
otherwise
at any local supermarket, Jeffie.

I looked up Alpha Male in Wikipedia...it
also acknowledges Female.

In the elephant kingdom it is a matriarchy.
The bull only impregnates the females.

nick22ca

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BronxBombshell said:
I was looking forward to it. I wasn't being sarcastic when I published my expectations that it would be brilliant, innovative and enlightening. It would have to be, it comes from outside the box.

I think not. Prove otherwise. Give us your opinion. Or is it that once one gets outside the box they must cower in the corner?

No, in fact once one gets outside the box, they decrease the amount of time they spend replying to pretentious chicks.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hmmmm ...

nick22ca said:
People that treat everyone they meet with respect and kindess is an alpha-anything in my book. It tells me that they have completed all the stages of brain development.

nick22ca

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Matthew said:
Hmmmm ...

I know...and yet she keeps wanting to have my brilliant and outside-the-box manifesto on the matter.

What to do, what to do.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
nick22ca said:
No, in fact once one gets outside the box, they decrease the amount of time they spend replying to pretentious chicks.

I'm not pretentious. What you see is what youu get with me. I'm justg a call-it-as-I -see-it type of gal. Since you have less time to respond to pretentious chicks anyway, but have respoonded to every post I directed at you, you must already know that. I see you to be full of malarky. I asked you to show otherwise and you can't. It's funny how you have time to respond to every one of the posts I directed at you, but can't actually answer the one question I ask you every time? What, in your outside-the-box opinion is an alpha male? To borrow from a buddy of mine...

Outrageous.

jeff_black said:

I disagree Jeff. It is wonderful for a man or woman to live up to their potential. In fact, I bet many alphas do. But what made them alphas in the first place was their ability to lead. Wolves do not care if their alpha male lives up to his potential. They only care that he kicks ass and takes names. They only care that he can lead the pack to food, shelter, and safety.

nick22ca

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BronxBombshell said:
I'm not pretentious. What you see is what youu get with me. I'm justg a call-it-as-I -see-it type of gal. Since you have less time to respond to pretentious chicks anyway, but have respoonded to every post I directed at you, you must already know that. I see you to be full of malarky. I asked you to show otherwise and you can't. It's funny how you have time to respond to every one of the posts I directed at you, but can't actually answer the one question I ask you every time? What, in your outside-the-box opinion is an alpha male? To borrow from a buddy of mine...

Outrageous.
I won't spend time on it because I already answered it. Too bad call-it-as-I-see-it gals aren't synonymous with non-retarded gals. In fact I didn't even make reference to the actual existence of an alpha male. For you, I will try to expand.

Only males have a concept of what an alpha male is. They think the majority of females also hold this concept. The few females that do hold the concept are stupid. Alpha males do not exist. Among the best proofs of this include an idea that a poster raised above...that relativity even exists in the definition in the first place.

As for alpha-humans existing...that is a different question.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
BronxBombshell said:
I disagree Jeff. It is wonderful for a man or woman to live up to their potential. In fact, I bet many alphas do. But what made them alphas in the first place was their ability to lead. Wolves do not care if their alpha male lives up to his potential. They only care that he kicks ass and takes names. They only care that he can lead the pack to food, shelter, and safety.

But Bronx, wouldn't you agree, that if a wolf "kicks ass and takes names" then he is living up to his Alpha male status? Thus, being the best he can be?
The leader of the pack is living up to his potential, thus being the alpha male.

nick22ca

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
jeff black said:
But Bronx, wouldn't you agree, that if a wolf "kicks ass and takes names" then he is living up to his Alpha male status? Thus, being the best he can be?
The leader of the pack is living up to his potential, thus being the alpha male.

You need to take some sort of biology class, or even a class in hormonal effects on behavior. The alpha male in a wolf pack isn't the member that "kicks ass and takes names." In fact, he is the member that soundly embarrasses the other members of the pack who are in the "kick ass and take names" mentality.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
nick22ca said:
You need to take some sort of biology class, or even a class in hormonal effects on behavior. The alpha male in a wolf pack isn't the member that "kicks ass and takes names." In fact, he is the member that soundly embarrasses the other members of the pack who are in the "kick ass and take names" mentality.

I am confused nick, was that directed at me or bronx?

I wasn't aware that we were arguing.:rolleyes:

aww Bronx, that was an easy one. If I am gonna debate you... give me a harder one than that :>

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
nick22ca said:

He usually soundly embarasses them by whooping some tail. *yawn*

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
stallion70 said:
Ok people you have the wrong Idea! For one there is no such thing as an alpha female, so get that out of your heads! Secondly as in the animal kingdom the alpha male is all about physicallity! Biggest,strongest, and biggest cock is the ONLY criteria that makes an alpha male, not someone that makes people laugh or who makes the most money or computer geeks! These people got their assess kicked in high school by alpha males! REMEMBER, BIGGEST,STRONGEST AND LARGEST COCK AND U HAVE TO BE BOTH TO BE CONSIDERED ALPHA MALE! THESE ARE THE ONLY CHARECTERISTICS OF AN ALPHA MALE!

Maybe in high school. In the adult world brains kicks brawns ass. Whipping someone physically is called assault and gets you thrown in jail. Whipping someone mentally is called business savvy and gets you rich.

Ever heard of trophy wives? They're not generally trolling ironworkers for mates.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
PikkuAse said:
Great that You standing Yr Ground in here ..... BB

We still Love U at MR //
Raise my Hat for Yr determination ... and, Sig .....

...ards;
S@nKari.

Pikk! I love and miss you, buddy. I will still be appearing at the spring gathering in New Jersey, but I will no longer be posting on MR, or calling the radio show. I'm burnt out on people letting their penises direct the entire course of their lives, I'm burnt out on the new crop of people who want to be told to cheat on their partners, and I'm not coming back. Give my love to all my homies in chat.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
nick22ca said:
I won't spend time on it because I already answered it. Too bad call-it-as-I-see-it gals aren't synonymous with non-retarded gals. In fact I didn't even make reference to the actual existence of an alpha male. For you, I will try to expand.

Only males have a concept of what an alpha male is. They think the majority of females also hold this concept. The few females that do hold the concept are stupid. Alpha males do not exist. Among the best proofs of this include an idea that a poster raised above...that relativity even exists in the definition in the first place.

As for alpha-humans existing...that is a different question.

This is brilliant! I wish you had just said something like this in the first place. it's much better than your original post on this subject, and moreover, it's very thought-provoking.

By the way, I'm not retarded, but I was deprived of oxygen for eleven minutes during my birth. I believe the word you are looking for is miraculous. I wonder what all the other women who posted their definitions of an aplha male here think of you calling them, and their concepts stupid.

jeff_black said:
aww Bronx, that was an easy one. If I am gonna debate you... give me a harder one than that :>

I thought you said you were bringing the hard one? :wink: