Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
So im romantically attracted to my female co-worker. I think she is very attractive but objectively she is not a super model but def not unattractive a midwest 7-8 id say. Im myself am not a very attractive male and I am def a larger guy (except where it counts), so I do have a bit of insecurity about my looks.

Im not good at picking up signs. But I think sometimes we flirt but it may just be playful friends stuff too. Obviously if I just lay it out on the line and she doesn't feel same it will cause some awkwardness as we have to work very closely (both in the same small department), but it is also hard to work with her at times as I would like to be more than friends.

She has been in relationship for a while now and that made it easier for me because I could just go back to that to easy my mind but now they're breaking up. I was hanging out with a friend of both of ours the other day and she was trying to set her up with another acquaintance (my coworker wasnt there at the time), which really bothered me but objectively he is much much better looking so id get it. But it would still be hard to deal with (at least with her soon to be ex they were together before I knew her).

IIdk, im looking for some advice ladies. Do I tell her and deal with potential fallout or do I try to just move on (but how)?

little_sissy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I don't fuck around with co-workers workers.

Easy answer.

Pussy don't pay the rent. Unless you are of independent means keep it in your pants, Casanova.

I don't want to just hit and quit. I think she's the total package smart, funny, and cute. But I get ur point the old sayings prob holds "don't whit where u eat" and "don't mix business and personal"

Thanks both Tight and Mickey

Reactions: 286798

I very very intentionally keep my work and personal life separate. Even if by chance the two of you did hit it off, never broke up, and everything was wonderful, there's the potential for the company that you're employed by to take exception to it. Being in the same department leaves even more room for there to be an HR disaster. What if one of you got promoted? Are you willing to look for work elsewhere, try to be in a different department, or whatever would be necessary for there to not be conflict of interest IF things did go well?

D

deleted848353

She's in a relationship she won't be interested in cheating and I highly doubt she'd be interested in cheating with a dude with a tiny dick move on to someone available

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've posted before that I had inappropriate inclinations toward a co-worker, and it was definitely mutual. Other people could tell, but I never acted on it until neither of us worked for that company anymore. It was worse because we were not lateral in the company. I was his direct supervisor. I did use his affection and attraction toward me to spur him into being more productive. It was easy enough to motivate him to impress me with professionalism and performance at work, and that led to bonuses for me, and opportunities for him. Win-win. Use the relationship to drive both of you to succeed, and your friendship will deepen. Then,when you've both moved on to better opportunities, see what there is between you.

Reactions: little_sissy

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’ve also posted on this topic numerous times. Short version? Bad idea.

Do a search. You’ll find a ton of people have asked this before. Lots a great, and varying, advice.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've answered this question so many times. I've witnessed it first hand with coworkers.

SCENARIO 1.
You both feel it. You agree. You have a fling. It runs its course. You have a mutual separation (best case scenario). How do you resume office activities?

SCENARIO 1A.
Or the separation is contentious (more likely). What happens back in the office?

SCENARIO 2
You profess your feelings. You wants to just be friends. Awkward office.

SCENARIO 3 (RECOMMENDED)
You're friends. The office is light. You work together well. She can confide in you. You are discreet with her. Buddies. Office life is good. But you're frustrated.

Solution: get a girlfriend outside of the office.

Don't shit where you eat.®™©