Fighting men...

Section8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why is that? Is it because you assume he would be violent outside of the ring? Because if that is the case I can assure you that more often than not its the furthest thing from the truth. Having boxed myself for several years and being on friendly terms with some of the local boxers from my hometown I can tell you that most fighters are very friendly and easy going outside of the ring.

There are the odd exceptions of course but generally speaking we leave all our aggression in the ring/gym and outside of it we are just like anybody else. Besides, boxing/mma is not just about getting in there and mindlessly battering your opponent into a bloody heap on the canvas, fighting professionaly is not like some Rocky movie were two men walk towards each other looking to trade blows until someone falls.

Boxing is called the sweet science for a reason, behind the blood and guts there is some beautiful skill on display by fighters who have spent most of their life practicing and learning their craft. Anyway I am going off topic here but I am curious to know why you feel the way you do.

Don't worry man, women who think like that have never had their safety
seriously threatened by street thugs. I have done kickboxing, and the
military style Close Quarter Combat. Most of my ex girlfriends said it made
them feel safe that if anyone threatened us on the street, on invaded
their home while I was there, chances are, they would get seriously fucked
up. Trying to say that a man who takes care of his fitness, and his physical
ability to defend himself and the ones he loves is an unappealing trait is
about as limp-wristed as it gets. Women like that marry latte-sipping
effeminate metrosexuals.

Knowing how to fight does not make people violent. Some of the martial
artists I have trained with are the most disciplined people I have ever met.

You need to do your research Patchos. Guys down at the pub are much
more likely to be violent than guys who know how to fight.

Why? We know we can fight. Don't have to prove it.

Section8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not into boxing; but I have watched my share of matches on tv and placed modest bets with family and friends.

Boxers are physically fit; what's not to like about that.:rolleyes:

As for MMA I don't like it. To me it's just a way for 2 guys to beat the shit out of each other by any means possible. That's not attractive to me. :no: I would have serious doubts about the mental stability of a man that chose to do MMA for a living. To me that says he isn't smart enough to do anything else.

Thats a really arrogant, and very PC attitude. Don't judge peoples'
intelligence because they have a physical profession. Australian boxer
Danny Green is a really smart guy.

Remember Dolph Lundgren (the big Russian from the Rocky movies and other
action films)? - has a Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering.

Fair enough you don't like MMA, its very violent, but saying a person is
stupid because they do it, is a really ignorant statement.

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My girlfriend has gotten turned on when I've been in fights or near-fights. The last one, I was driving home after a party with her when trying to pull in the driveway, a kid stood in the middle of the road leaning into a car talking to someone.

I waited for a moment then honked, getting kind of pissed. I finally got past him and pulled in the driveway, and heard him call me a "bitch". Needless to say I charged down, shoved him against the car and told him to get in and fucking leave before I beat him.

He started shaking and the girl in the car got scared and told him to get in. I kind of felt like an ass afterwards as I usually do if I lose my cool. I got sex out of the deal though, never understood why some women like that stuff, but hey.

Section8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
no, i don't need a guy who has to beat the shit out of another guy to prove his masculinity. i mean, i'm sure some of them are decent guys, but if they like being violent then they'd probably be violent with whomever they choose to date as well. look at mike tyson and his ex-wife, robin givens. i'm just sayin.

Yes, because everyone who knows how to fight is a convicted rapist and a
wife-basher.

Please don't "just say" unless you actually KNOW a decent amount of fighters
and the myriad of personalities they have.

Some are all pumped and full of aggression, others are very zen and quiet.

Just like outside martial arts circles.

Anyone who believes that a person who takes up fighting as a profession is
more likely to bash his wife does not have even the most basic
understanding of psychology, and has bitten into the far left PC mentality
that all violence is wrong.

Face facts, men are warriors. We have an instinctive need to satisfy our
"war" instincts. What do you think sport is? Mock war. The fact that some
take it a step further and fight in the ring doesn't mean anything.

Perhaps you girls would all like to date a bunch of Better Homes and
Gardens reading, hair gel loving, pink shirt wearing metro poofs(gay guys, don't take offence, I don't mean poof literally) who couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag, and would probably scream like a 12 year old girl
and throw their hands up if someone attacked you.

Anyone ever seen the movie 300? King Leonidis. Thats a man. Loved his wife, never mistreated her, but was a demon on the battlefield.

Section8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My girlfriend has gotten turned on when I've been in fights or near-fights. The last one, I was driving home after a party with her when trying to pull in the driveway, a kid stood in the middle of the road leaning into a car talking to someone.

I waited for a moment then honked, getting kind of pissed. I finally got past him and pulled in the driveway, and heard him call me a "bitch". Needless to say I charged down, shoved him against the car and told him to get in and fucking leave before I beat him.

He started shaking and the girl in the car got scared and told him to get in. I kind of felt like an ass afterwards as I usually do if I lose my cool. I got sex out of the deal though, never understood why some women like that stuff, but hey.

He was a kid? You hero.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I heard a couple (as in guy and girl) verbally fighting on the way back to their car after leaving the bar near closing time. He was yelling at her saying every time he goes out with her he winds up getting in a fight with someone and he was worried he'd eventually get arrested. Hard to know who is at fault in that situation, probably both. But I did get the impression it turned her on and she was provoking these situations. I hope he wised up and dropped her before he go in real trouble.

As far as the attraction goes, I think it's just that women are attracted to male power and fighting is a very primal demonstration of male power. Therefore they find it very erotic.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I spar at lunch time at my gym. I do it mainly to relieve stress, keep limber and keep up my friendships at the gym. I don't do it to impress anyone let alone women. It's a rush when you are so focused sparing and time and the world around you disappears.

There is a difference here between street fighting and boxing. Boxing is controlled deliberate aggression, an art form, with clear rules and boundaries. Street fighing is wild emotional anger manifested.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Some are all pumped and full of aggression, others are very zen and quiet.

i date someone who used to box competitively and still does for sport a little (coaches mainly though now), and he's like the latter type you mentioned. i can't watch him box though, even if i'm there i look away a lot.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You need to do your research Patchos. Guys down at the pub are much more likely to be violent than guys who know how to fight.

Says the guy who is criticizing people for making assumptions or generalizations about people who participate in fighting sports.

tasteslikejellyjam

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like to think myself a gentlemen haha. And true many people do not fight for the mere act of hitting another person repeatedly but for a stress reliever or interesting excercise for the body and mind. It helped my with depression and aggression.

You broke the rule :smashfreakB:

I think boxing & martial arts have done wonderful things for a lot of people...
its given some kids the social skills they need along with exercise & mental simulation they need (instead if video games & cheetos)...
same with inner city teens....
gave them a goal to work toward when they had nothing....
mentally it has helped more people then its harmed...
hell there are more psychos running around the Catholic Church then the boxing ring...

I broke the rule...
damn it!
*has fight with self in the parking lot* XD

Twistbarbie

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've not read all the thread (yet) but I have been round MA and boxing for a while now and most of the people - mostly men- have been nice, yes you will get the odd douche. Most have been very respectful toward women.

Having trained myself I know what they do is very hard work and demands both physical and great mental toughness especially when you get in to the pro ranks. It takes a great amount of talent, hard work, dedication and I suppose, yes, that is an attractive quality.

I like guys because of who they are not for what they do but I'm sure there are women who trophy hunt boxers as they trophy hunt pretty women.

Would I go out with a guy just because he was a boxer? No.

And - Oscar dela Hoya is smokin' hot!

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
it all depends is they have been well trained. a good teacher will teach a student that mental calm is needed for fighting so they SHOULD be very unlikely to go crazy and beat on people for no reason. Hell, my teacher said if he heard we ever threw our weight around to people who didnt deserve it and just fight to be big, he would be us himself and show them how they felt. But thats just what should happen, nothing says it does.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
the quick version is a simple "no you are wrong" but more in depth looks like this,
first: you are supporting her right to putforth her ignorance as a well
informed opinion, it is not well informed it is ignorance.

second: it is far fetched to suggest that people who compete in combative sports are violent people outside of thier profession, do you think baseball players grab a stick and whack a ball every time they see one in thier normal day to day lives? Is that honestly what you believe? Do you think that IRS people delve through thier friends Taxes to make sure they are not cheating the government in thier off time? Honestly, you don't have a leg to stand on in this argument and I will happily continue pointing that out to you.

third: no, you are still pushing the "opinion" thing as if it is sacred, there is a well informed opinion and an ignorant one, you don't understand that one is valuable and one is useless.
BTW, read the first post again, he did not ask for an OPINION on what Fighters do in thier free time. He asked if the ladies found themselves attracted to fighters or not, you can say 'no' without launching into an IGNORANT attack on everyone in the fight business. And again, it isn't asking for an opinion.

let me try to make it easy for you to comprehend this...

a) if i was supporting her, i wouldn't have agreed with the person insulting her. i simply thought that he was being far too aggressive.

b) it isn't far fetched to connect fighting sports with a typically violent person outside of that profession. you're telling me that when you think of MMA fighters you don't automatically see a person fighting? for some, that image is off putting and the most prominant in their mind, so of COURSE that side of the argument would come up. the OP asked for opinions on it, and specifically why. to not expect some kind of reaction like this is the only ignorance in this thread. why would you ask for an opinion on something? it's obvious...because you know that with the positive, comes the negative. you do not post a thread like this unless you understand that there are people who will not be accepting or turned on by a man who fights for sport.

c) point already proven.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
What is the matter, The Rob? Do you participate in a fighting sport, and now feel disappointed that this is not every single woman's cup of tea? Nothing is for everyone. Get over it.

no, I participate in logical thinking and have an IQ high enough to know the difference between a well informed opinion and an ignorant one

I don't much care if people that I will never meet get hot for me or not, but it does bother me that the average woman seems ok with another woman telling us what all men who share a hobby act like....I mean honestly are women that foolish?

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
I love martial arts & boxing....
I'm drawn to those type of men because I like to watch it...
but also their bodies are amazing...
plus I'm also a kickboxer...
sporty men find me less intimidating... XD
although I'm not very big & I'm more lean... its still a turn off to most normal men...

So as a kickboxer, how often would you say you beat the shit out of someone in a given month?
Not in a match or training, just you know waiting in line at your local McDonalds or in day to day life...

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't much care if people that I will never meet get hot for me or not, but it does bother me that the average woman seems ok with another woman telling us what all men who share a hobby act like....I mean honestly are women that foolish?
What a boring contradiction.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
if you read through the thread, after the first few responses...he asked FOR REASONS being that he felt we were being vague. don't tell me to read something when obviously you haven't.