Interacialationships

B_houugadunor

Media
I am usually the type of person to say that it is all about the personality, but as soon as I saw my other half, who I am engaged to, I was head over heals. He's tall, well built, has a wicked sense of humour and is really smart!

His father was white, his mother was African American and he has a really striking beauty to him, on the other hand, I have always found darker skin sexy, so I guess I am sort of not helping the discussion!!

Plus, he has a gloriously thick dick, which keeps me smiling! lol xxx

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, the mixes are some of the hottest people on earth. Some of the most unusual too.

I find that people of mixed ethnicity appear to me to be either breathtakingly, achingly beautiful, or absolutely mofugly. There is no middle ground. Anyone else find this? I know I'm not alone. I had never said it aloud, but a friend of mine said it to me the other day, and I laughed so hard I frightened my cat.

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find that people of mixed ethnicity appear to me to be either breathtakingly, achingly beautiful, or absolutely mofugly. There is no middle ground. Anyone else find this?

I really think it's all about what we're used to. I read an interesting article about racial mixing and how we're moving towards more and more of it. It also said a lot of people we don't consider "mixed" really are. Like in the US 80% of black people have white blood, and 50% of black people have Native American blood. And most Hispanic or Latino people are a mixture of European and Native North American. It seems like white Europeans just went running all over the world getting their genes in everything.

ruffboy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I really think it's all about what we're used to. I read an interesting article about racial mixing and how we're moving towards more and more of it. It also said a lot of people we don't consider "mixed" really are. Like in the US 80% of black people have white blood, and 50% of black people have Native American blood. And most Hispanic or Latino people are a mixture of European and Native North American. It seems like white Europeans just went running all over the world getting their genes in everything.

well, can ya really blame 'em?? everyone is HOTT!! :biggrin1:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I fully agree that it is about what we are used to. And as one of those mixed black people who doesn't consider themselves mixed (I really just look black, though when I was slimmer you could see the Cherokee if you were inclined to see it) I must assert that I wasn't talking about people like me, but the people who most people are talking about when they say mixed ethnicity; people who are obviously, visibly of mixed ethnicity.

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I fully agree that it is about what we are used to. And as one of those mixed black people who doesn't consider themselves mixed (I really just look black, though when I was slimmer you could see the Cherokee if you were inclined to see it) I must assert that I wasn't talking about people like me, but the people who most people are talking about when they say mixed ethnicity; people who are obviously, visibly of mixed ethnicity.

That's my point. Who we consider "obviously, visibly" mixed is all cultural. I would argue that most black and hispanic people in the USA are visibly of mixed identity if you look at them, but we don't think of them as being "obviously, visibly" of mixed identity. It's all just cultural perception. For instance, lighter or medium-skinned black people are clearly part-white; many have more European blood than African blood, and yet we still consider them black, not mixed. I definitely think the root of this perception is racism, thinking of blackness as being some least common denominator, like if someone has any blackness, they must be considered black. The extreme example would be someone like Colin Powell, who is probably no more than 10-20% of African ancestry, and yet he's considered black. He's an extreme case because he's very light-skinned, but overall I'd say most black people I see in life and on TV are visibly mixed, as in they have lighter skin and different features than people of pure African origin.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's my point. Who we consider "obviously, visibly" mixed is all cultural. I would argue that most black and hispanic people in the USA are visibly of mixed identity if you look at them, but we don't think of them as being "obviously, visibly" of mixed identity. It's all just cultural perception. For instance, lighter or medium-skinned black people are clearly part-white; many have more European blood than African blood, and yet we still consider them black, not mixed. I definitely think the root of this perception is racism, thinking of blackness as being some least common denominator, like if someone has any blackness, they must be considered black. The extreme example would be someone like Colin Powell, who is probably no more than 10-20% of African ancestry, and yet he's considered black. He's an extreme case because he's very light-skinned, but overall I'd say most black people I see in life and on TV are visibly mixed, as in they have lighter skin and different features than people of pure African origin.

Peoples of pure African descent are not all very dark; many are about my color depending on their lifestyle (we tan too). As a child, I had many a blue-black summer. I would not say that someone my shade is obviously mixed. No. And I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't consider light-skinned black people to be obviously mixed. To look at my grandmothers is to know for sure they are part white. They are caramel. But my grandfathers were dark, my parents were dark, my children will likely be dark etc. How many generations removed from white people do we get before it doesn't really count? My grandparents had white great-grand relations. I do not count myself as being part white. My grandmother's grandmother was Cherokee. I do not consider myself to be Indian (despite having some Cherokee features).

Latinos come from one continent and a smattering of islands. I think that that kind of isolation over that kind of time span merits its very own ethnicity. Don't you? Someone says they're Latino, and you know who they come from. A Latino is not white, not African, not Taino or any other Indian, but Latino. Theirs is a very specific mix, and it is associated with a very specific geographical area and history. (Maybe some people consider Philipinos to be Latin, but I think because of geography they get lumped in with Asians.)

People from the same part of the world look vaguely the same. Isn't that kind of how a gene pool works? Americans just look American, don't we? Can't you sometimes just tell looking into someone's face that when they open they're mouth a European accent is going to come out? Or a Caribbean one?

So yes, ethnicity is a social discernment, but you can't tell me most Japanese look Korean. (If you think you can, look closer.) You can't tell me a Vietnamese looks black. Well, you could tell me, but you'd be an unconvincing liar. :biggrin1:

What a person finds attractive are individual features, and certain combinations thereof. Sometimes a whole bunch of really nice features thrown together looks great! Sometimes... train wreck.

Most importantly beauty is subjective. So I say to you, completely non-objectively: People who are of obviously mixed ethnicity (not ancestry- there's a difference) are people who I have found to be quite strikingly attractive, or quite unfortunately unattractive. I have not subjectively found there to be a middle ground. I was recently surprised to hear this long-held opinion echoed back to me. My question was not "Is this true?" but was instead, "Does anyone else share this opinion?"

Hmmm... I do yammer on, huh? Sorry about that.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm a little late to this but I just have to comment.

For about half of my adultish life, I was 130 pounds, another huge chunk, hovering around 200, and after I had my son, as high as 235. I'm a tall woman, 5'9" or 5'10", and I truly have a large frame. I have linebacker shoulders. My ideal weight is somewhere from 150-170, so I'm not morbidly obese, just heavy.

This is what I've noticed. I can't go into a store frequented mostly by middle class white women and find clothes that fit well, and if I do, they are things my grandmother wears. Contrast this to a store a woman I know likes to call "ethnic," which is filled with clothing that fits, looks hot, shows off my assets (DDD tits and a small waist), and is stylish. If you're white and more than say, 105 pounds, you automatically are fat, to yourself, other men. Black culture is just not like this as much as white culture is. Women perpetuate this more than men-- to their daughters who, at 7, they put on a restricted diet because she has a belly. I've seen white moms over and over call their daughters of all ages fat when they are really of small or average size. I've never seen comparable in black culture. It's okay to be big and proud of it.

I've always been comfortable calling myself a big girl-- and I'm not shy about revealing my weight. My husband is one of many men I've been with that have told me that I'm dead sexy at any size, which I think is more about my attitude than my weight, really. I still don't quite believe that I can be beautiful at 200 pounds because I've been told it's not possible for my entire life.

I've lost about 30 pounds or so in the last 6 months because I realized something-- I book more clients when my weight is less. My clients are mainly, you guessed it, middle class white women. It's really hard not to feel beaten down when both the women and men in your culture consider any extra fat to be a sign of sloth and laziness.

Ok, tangential rant over.

Snooz

Is it me or is an overweight black woman far more attractive than an overweight white woman? The overweight black woman also seems to have that I-am-a-big-girl-proud-of-it-and-can-give-you-some-good-loving attitude, whereas the same white woman would be far more insecure and unattractive in my book. Does anyone else feel this way?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I found my Clark Kent. Seriously. 6'5", doesn't smoke, doesn't lie, and the skill he shows with lips and fingers- I'm convinced he's not of this world. And he has a hero complex. Yup. He's Superman. You can't have him. I'll cut you.

(Invisibleman recoils in the corner and shivers with fright.) I am very happy for you. Mild mannered Clark Kents are a rarity. I usually end up with gay Lex Luthors , Jokers, and not-so-
Incredible Hulks. But, hey, insane guys need loving too.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BB,

You know I lost it with the "I will cut you" line. LOL! Invisible. you go to your corner and BB go to yours. Superman, run for your life! LOL!

I found my Clark Kent. Seriously. 6'5", doesn't smoke, doesn't lie, and the skill he shows with lips and fingers- I'm convinced he's not of this world. And he has a hero complex. Yup. He's Superman. You can't have him. I'll cut you.

Chaz

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

In England we have a TV series called 'Who do u think u are?' Its a program on genealogy and famous peolpe tracing their origins. Last week it was on a guy called Colin Jackson who nheld teh world record for the 110 m hurdles for 10 yrs until a couple of months back.

He had a test of his genetic make up. I was suprised that he was actually 45% European, 15% native American and only 40% African. Although he has white facial features, he talks and has mannarisms like a white man, he was suprised he had any European roots.

I have had an Iranian gf and also a Asian gf, but i am not sure i would go there again, purely because the cutlural differences were too wide. However, when out and about in London i always appear to get appraoched from Nordic and Central and Northern European girls, rather than my native English girls. I have no problem with this as i love tall, leggy fit blond girls (although i do also appreciate petite dark haired girls too!!).

So my point is although these girls are European, they are also from a slightly different gene pool. i also have a preference for foreign girls from these regions. Alternatively, it might only be because i'm 6'3 with black hair, while they are tall girls with blond hair who like a guy to be a little taller than them... who knows. My present gf is Swedish and only 5'3!! But i think she's gorgeous
icon10.gif

shaguar

Experimental Member
Media
Black culture is just not like this as much as white culture is. Women perpetuate this more than men-- to their daughters who, at 7, they put on a restricted diet because she has a belly. I've seen white moms over and over call their daughters of all ages fat when they are really of small or average size. I've never seen comparable in black culture. It's okay to be big and proud of it.

I've always been comfortable calling myself a big girl-- and I'm not shy about revealing my weight. My husband is one of many men I've been with that have told me that I'm dead sexy at any size, which I think is more about my attitude than my weight, really. I still don't quite believe that I can be beautiful at 200 pounds because I've been told it's not possible for my entire life.
Snooz

Snooz - I like the female bodybuilder look. As long as a woman (or man for that matter) isn't soft and obese, it's good. I wouldn't put too much stock in your attitude being "sexy". Men say the darndest things to get women to shut up. However, a firm bod is sexy at any weight. Even when I look at bigger women, I mentally undress them and perform an imaginary pussy eating ceremony on them; yes, I am part Cunnilingus, an old native tribe. Don't be afraid to put on muscle rather than lose weight. Blacks tend to be more forgiving of bigger bodies because they are usually bigger people. Bigger does not mean fatter, no one like fatties, and same thing goes for black people. We don't all have to conform to narrow ideals, but being chubby is unhealthy, and that's for all human beings. Fat kids are fat 99.43% of the time because they are lazy, eat too much, watch too much TV. Not because they didn't get enough love as embryos. Of course there are a lot of parents who deserve to be hanged for the kind of critiscism they heap on their children for no reason. And they don't show them how to stop being fat and unhappy, because I guess that's the Bundy way.

Another thing which pisses me off is when women think they should act in the same way as men. Even men shouldn't act in that "manly" way. Particularly on the Internet, people get brave and spew crap. An "in your face" attitude is not sexy. It's not confident. It's stupid and annoying, and makes people seem like arseholes. If you are kind to other people, and are giving in attitude, exhibit grace, gentleness and humility, most people appreciate that. It's sexy. These attributes makes Americans so well loved the world over.

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Peoples of pure African descent are not all very dark; many are about my color depending on their lifestyle (we tan too). As a child, I had many a blue-black summer. I would not say that someone my shade is obviously mixed. No. And I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't consider light-skinned black people to be obviously mixed. To look at my grandmothers is to know for sure they are part white. They are caramel. But my grandfathers were dark, my parents were dark, my children will likely be dark etc. How many generations removed from white people do we get before it doesn't really count?

A good question, Bronxy. But I think you're unknowingly illustrating my point about cultural biases. I would argue that a light-skinned black person like your grandmothers are not black any more than they are white. They are a mix, and could even be genetically more European than African. So when you say how many generations removed from white people do you have to be, I say you aren't any generations removed from white people, any more than you're generations removed from Africans.
To illustrate, let's say there's a person who is exactly half African and half European. In our culture this person would be considered black. Heck, a person who is 3/4 European and 1/4 African will still be considered black if there are any visible black features. That's entirely based on culture, not race.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A good question, Bronxy. But I think you're unknowingly illustrating my point about cultural biases. I would argue that a light-skinned black person like your grandmothers are not black any more than they are white. They are a mix, and could even be genetically more European than African. So when you say how many generations removed from white people do you have to be, I say you aren't any generations removed from white people, any more than you're generations removed from Africans.
To illustrate, let's say there's a person who is exactly half African and half European. In our culture this person would be considered black. Heck, a person who is 3/4 European and 1/4 African will still be considered black if there are any visible black features. That's entirely based on culture, not race.

You misunderstand. African and white are not things to be compared. There are white Africans. European and African are comparable, and black and European are apples and oranges.

Are we of African and European ancestry? You betcha. Are we white? Hell no. We're black. African is not an ethnicity, and white is not a region. Am I making more sense to you? I don't thin kwe really disagree with each other. (I've been wrong before. LOL)

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, I realize European and African, black and white, not African and white.
I think what I've been trying to say is that racial identity isn't about race, it's about culture. Many people who are as much European as African, still consider themselves and are considered African-American. Someone with any visible African features is considered African-American, even if 75% of their ancestry is European. I think we do that because of racism, because we consider blackness to be the lowest denominator. If blacks were historically the priveledged group, I think anyone with visible white features would be considered European-American. It's all about culture.

You misunderstand. African and white are not things to be compared. There are white Africans. European and African are comparable, and black and European are apples and oranges.

Are we of African and European ancestry? You betcha. Are we white? Hell no. We're black. African is not an ethnicity, and white is not a region. Am I making more sense to you? I don't thin kwe really disagree with each other. (I've been wrong before. LOL)

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Snooz - I like the female bodybuilder look. As long as a woman (or man for that matter) isn't soft and obese, it's good. I wouldn't put too much stock in your attitude being "sexy". Men say the darndest things to get women to shut up. However, a firm bod is sexy at any weight. Even when I look at bigger women, I mentally undress them and perform an imaginary pussy eating ceremony on them; yes, I am part Cunnilingus, an old native tribe. Don't be afraid to put on muscle rather than lose weight. Blacks tend to be more forgiving of bigger bodies because they are usually bigger people. Bigger does not mean fatter, no one like fatties, and same thing goes for black people. We don't all have to conform to narrow ideals, but being chubby is unhealthy, and that's for all human beings. Fat kids are fat 99.43% of the time because they are lazy, eat too much, watch too much TV. Not because they didn't get enough love as embryos. Of course there are a lot of parents who deserve to be hanged for the kind of critiscism they heap on their children for no reason. And they don't show them how to stop being fat and unhappy, because I guess that's the Bundy way.

Another thing which pisses me off is when women think they should act in the same way as men. Even men shouldn't act in that "manly" way. Particularly on the Internet, people get brave and spew crap. An "in your face" attitude is not sexy. It's not confident. It's stupid and annoying, and makes people seem like arseholes. If you are kind to other people, and are giving in attitude, exhibit grace, gentleness and humility, most people appreciate that. It's sexy. These attributes makes Americans so well loved the world over.

You state your opinions about what is sexy like they are indisputable facts. I find a man with a sexy body but no backbone repulsive. I have found men with homlier features, and much confidence very sexy. For me, certain attitudes are very sexy. However I can accept that you only find tight bodies sexy.

Gentle? Kind? Sounds to me like you basically said this to our Snoozan:

"Your husband is placating you. You're not sexy at any size like he says. When you're fat, you're not sexy. When you're fit you're sexy. Your attitude has nothing to do with it. In fact, your attitude is not gentle, or kind, it is too in your face."

Now perhaps I am misunderstanding you, and in that case I would like you to try to make me understand what you are saying. However, if you're saying what it looks to me like you're saying, you are not gentle, kind, or sexy. You're a hypocrite and an "arsehole" like you described.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
"Latin America" is a imposed stereotype for the nations beyond the USA board, fruit of the ignorance of developed countries which have an oversimplified conception about them.
"Latin America" is a geographical concept created only to separated USA (and Canada) from the "rest", in the Americas.
And It's erroneous because not every countries in it speak a latin-derived language. For example, Suriname speak dutch, Jamaica
(english), Bahamas (english) etc."

In the dictionary definitions latin have some but when you think that some of those definitions are there because of 'stereotyping erroneous and etc people may choose to embrace the concept for themselves or not. I dont..I like to call me Brasilian most of the time and than explain my mixing..and may use Mediterranean as brown/tan because of Italia/Spain/Portugal/etc features I have in me that looks like some of theirs too..at first impression to most people that look at me...but than is common other nationalities see me as familiar too...I embrace all of that because I like very much someone looking at me and smilling as familiar face!:smile: But I know Hispanics that dont like to be called Latinos too...:tongue:

Languages that developed from Latin the root of romantic languages spoken by ancient Romans, such as Italian, French, Spanish, and Portuguese, or to the peoples that speak them.

'America' is 1 continent (some US persons thinks is 3 continents..they separate it in their understanding..:rolleyes: ): but there are 3 regions as South, Central and North...and than USA (and Canada?) created a 'Latin America' south of the border...as all the same..a buch of countries bellow 'them' all the same...it is not only prejudice but misinformation when the concept was made...:wink: I think everybody should be called by their own name..if we dont know we just have to ask.

But than I'm a 1st generation immigrant...I still want to make everything clear as possible while I have it all inside me and not senile too...:biggrin1:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, I realize European and African, black and white, not African and white.
I think what I've been trying to say is that racial identity isn't about race, it's about culture. Many people who are as much European as African, still consider themselves and are considered African-American. Someone with any visible African features is considered African-American, even if 75% of their ancestry is European. I think we do that because of racism, because we consider blackness to be the lowest denominator. If blacks were historically the priveledged group, I think anyone with visible white features would be considered European-American. It's all about culture.

African-American is a misnomer. African Americans are immigrants. What I am is American by nationality, black by ethnicity, and human by race.

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But than I'm a 1st generation immigrant...I still want to make everything clear as possible while I have it all inside me and not senile too...:biggrin1:

I think technically you're not a 1st generation immigrant, Gisella. If I'm not mistaken, your children would be 1st generation, and you would be considered simply an immigrant. The generation-counting is based on how many generations have been born in this country.

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, and society's effort to seperate you into "African-American" is entirely based on culture and not at all based on what you actually are.
But again, Bronxy, my point that we consider blackness a lowest demoninator. Many people who are considered "black by ethnicity" are really no more black than white. Back to the Colin Powell example. He is far more white than black but he's considered black because we consider anyone with any visible black features to be black.

African-American is a misnomer. African Americans are immigrants. What I am is American by nationality, black by ethnicity, and human by race.